• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O'Connor doesn't recall the exact scorpio specs but was vaguely impressed

Stinkles is really going out on a limb with this, I sure he doesn't get in trouble for saying too much. Be safe brother, remember GAF cred isn't worth losing a job over.
Ms has been trying to get a hype man to be liked on gaf for years. Why would he be in trouble

It's also interesting to see how hyped people get at big power upgrades. Last generation was definitely too long and playstation five better not be late. Hopefully

DieH@rd

Banned
Can someone create a Kyle Orland-eque chart that describes the currently speculated power level of Scorpio? Only that will put some sense into these rumors.

Wait...Where is this coming from? I have not heard or people receiving target specs and the rumors of more RAM have been from the target render of the motherboard and people counting the chips and assuming 12gb of RAM. This is the first I have read of someone confirming it actually does have more than 8gb of RAM. Source?

LOL Like i'd give that away. Again, i'm a dev myself, and I know of a few higher ups at some specific devs and at publishers who have been given target specs, and have had them for a few months now. Some of them have been updated recently.

The increase in RAM is pretty necessary for a Native 4K framebuffer for the vast majority of X1 games.

Compsiox

Banned
Can someone create a Kyle Orland-eque chart that describes the currently speculated power level of Scorpio? Only that will put some sense into these rumors.

pPCHLyq.png

scently

LOL Like i'd give that away. Again, i'm a dev myself, and I know of a few higher ups at some specific devs and at publishers who have been given target specs, and have had them for a few months now. Some of them have been updated recently.

The increase in RAM is pretty necessary for a Native 4K framebuffer for the vast majority of X1 games.

You mean for 4k assets, as such a jump in RAM is not necessary if you just want a 4k framebuffer for current gen games.

Proelite

Hmm I wonder if Scorpio might be on the chopping block. It seems to be me that MS is looking into going full short profit mode soon.

Kayant

Stinkles does not live on the forums in Scorpio speculation threads and thus his statements should not be taken to mean that his personal expectations being exceeded means that our own technical expectations have also been exceeded.
Taking it any other way always seemed weird given the fact he said "than I expected".

Anyways MS will finally unlocked the dGPU inside the XB1's PSU and reveal that is Scorpio.

Top Bottom