• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free portrait drawing inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

moozoom

page after page of incredible art,

i'm going to take a chance a post a pic. maybe i'll get lucky!

There you go - been a while since I tried a portrait, it was good practice but very difficult.
I cut the Thai letters on the t-shirt, pretty but hard to draw, sorry.

Great beard, dude.

rqGr51N.jpg

Didn't mean to sound so fakehumble :D, It's just that almost all the time and effort i've spent on drawing has been dedicated to portraits, put me in a position where i have to draw below the chest area and my previous insecurities start to make more sense, im reeeally bad at space management for starters. That's why i'd rather leave the more wackier pictures (like the one above) to people who can go wild with their skills.

Found a piece from way back when i was just starting, dated summer 2014. So okay, time flies, but sometimes i can go months at a time without really drawing anything, but with this and Drawing a Day -thread i may have found the motivation i often lack.

Unnecessary, since you clearly have a way with the pen, but i'm glad you liked it! :D

Haha. I know exactly what you mean. The only real drawing I do is whenever I feel like reviving this thread every couple of months, so I'm sort of stuck on head shots too. Whenever I try to go lower, it's a struggle, as you said. But, anyway, you've definitely got an eye for it! I hope you'll keep joining both threads. :)

There you go - been a while since I tried a portrait, it was good practice but very difficult.

Great beard, dude.

Very nice. I really like the thick forehead gradients and the hair texture.

if anyone feels like doing my realpic avatar that'd be cool!

Glasses off, Salsa! Eyes are fun to draw, not shades.

Caelus

Hey there, wonderful artists.

If you do mine, I'll set it as my Facebook profile pic and credit you by name! (I'll even add you as a friend and tag you, if you're down with that)

Also wouldn't mind a hair fix, I didn't bother brushing it today. :/

Thanks guys.

rataplein

Great beard, dude.

oh my god, that's so cool! love everything about it. thanks a lot, you are very talented.

Revival time, Portrait thread! :D

FjNOWg5.jpg

Kind of out of practice, but felt like having a go, so here you are. Could use a lot of clean up work and I accidentally scanned it at 100dpi, but eh. Dooooodle.

Dude, that's a masterpiece! Thanks! I love it it~ Sorry I missed it went the thread petered off last time. You know I always come back, though. :)

I'm like 10 days late on noticing this, but thanks! I think it came out really well.

Jhoan

Someone mentioned painting with traditional watercolors so I did exactly that since it gave me an excuse to fill up my watercolor sketchbook with a new entry. There's a few unintended "happy little accidents" here and there to quote the late Bob Ross.

Ewo

If I ever actually get the time to get okay at sketching, I really want to contribute to this thread.
Until then, here's a picture of me
kBxvgCn.jpg

page after page of incredible art,

i'm going to take a chance a post a pic. maybe i'll get lucky!

OUsGKCD.jpg

Flower beard.

I'm like 10 days late on noticing this, but thanks! I think it came out really well.

Glad you liked it! It was an interesting pose and easy to work with thanks to the high quality pic.

Someone mentioned painting with traditional watercolors so I did exactly that since it gave me an excuse to fill up my watercolor sketchbook with a new entry. There's a few unintended "happy little accidents" here and there to quote the late Bob Ross.

Oh, very cool! I like it a lot. Never had much success with watercolors myself.

Wow, this is such a cool thread! Some really talented folks in here!

Would anyone be interested in doing one of my fiancé and I? We would be blown away if anyone did us the honor.

Here's a few pictures as different options:

First of all congrats to you both, second thanks for the images. These are fun exercises to do:

W9f7STP.png

So I was really sad that no one chose my pictures to draw so I'm going to try again and see if maybe someone wants to paint/draw me a new Facebook picture lol
Crossing my fingers!

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Wow I didn't know about this! I've been having a rough week so having a portrait would be an awesome experience for me!

T0QijaU.jpg

9V7mlj3h.jpg

For some reason the pic was reversed! Put both here just in case.

Sorry that I look pretty weird! I've been sick lately and this has been my best all month.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw the thread about Paints Chainer and it reminded me that there are some great sketches in this thread. I went ahead and tried some of H.Protagonist's sketches (I hope that's ok) just to see how well it works for non-anime drawings. It has some trouble with small details like eyes and I also tried - and failed - to colorize the awesome flower beard. Still, I'm pretty impressed by the results.

I just saw the thread about Paints Chainer and it reminded me that there are some great sketches in this thread. I went ahead and tried some of H.Protagonist's sketches (I hope that's ok) just to see how well it works for non-anime drawings. It has some trouble with small details like eyes and I also tried - and failed - to colorize the awesome flower beard. Still, I'm pretty impressed by the results.

Those look great.

Wow I didn't know about this! I've been having a rough week so having a portrait would be an awesome experience for me!
9V7mlj3h.jpg

For some reason the pic was reversed! Put both here just in case.

Sorry that I look pretty weird! I've been sick lately and this has been my best all month.

Dude I hope this helps, hope you get better :)

dENjQiG.png

unbenannt-5tdsw1.png

Dude, that's so cool! Got for it, by all means. I keep toying with the idea of coloring mine, but have never gotten around to it, and you're doing a better job than I would have anyway. I think the flower beard looks pretty cool, regardless, but I especially like the 3rd one. It's fantastic the way you picked/blended shades. I really like the red in the tie knot, the skin tone, and the way you did the hair. Do more! :D

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, that's so cool! Got for it, by all means. I keep toying with the idea of coloring mine, but have never gotten around to it, and you're doing a better job than I would have anyway. I think the flower beard looks pretty cool, regardless, but I especially like the 3rd one. It's fantastic the way you picked/blended shades. I really like the red in the tie knot, the skin tone, and the way you did the hair. Do more! :D

Just to clarify, all I did was to draw the few crude colored lines on the left pictures, everything else was done by the tool I linked above (http://paintschainer.preferred.tech). All the shades etc. were done by algorithms and the green and red parts in the hair/tie knot seem to be artifacts. I could never draw even remotely as good as this computer algorithm does. :D

You should try it for yourself with your sketches, it's pretty fun and super easy.

rataplein

haha, it's great, just missing some bright colors for the flowers!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom