• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE to a good home" thread |20XX Edition| No begging, requests, or taking advantage

Took PA Titans, thanks Bright
bts_lina.gif

neonglow

Some anime visual novel games for those that want them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-41966A402C5E70CC - Taken by MANUELF. 1 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-8F6C65DF07F54199 - Taken by Mixed2k. 5 entrants total.

t1465076329z1.png

I have a 50 dollars off gamestop coupon for uncharted 4 ps4 if anyone wants. Shoot a pm and I'll send via email.

Coupon gone-as of 6/5/2016
I was wondering why you didn't buy the game and return it for credit for something you want.

You get $15 and they sell it for $52
Oh that's why
What. the. fuck.

Fuck me. I have a crap ton of game to give away but couldn't find this thread. Glad it bounced back to the front page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Shadow:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460878.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Shadow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light -- MB-49266030E9DF99EC - Taken by BlazeHedgehog. 9 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-046369030478F2AB - Taken by Cth. 10 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-62C697B4F96DE167 - Taken by Lord British. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-6CE900529DB77FCF - Taken by QuiteWhittle. 6 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-5FEDC01B78129AC1 - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-6F1B133551AEA370 - Taken by ZeroCDR. 5 entrants total.
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga -- MB-C0EAE24E56A40B32 - Taken by 73V3N. 22 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Tom Clancy's The Division 100 Intel Credits (uPlay) -- MB-53C49D48EEBBCF27 - Taken by MillionStabs. 3 entrants total.
Not a game, just in-game credits to buy stuff
Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-5579871BAEF3E0AB - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (uPlay) -- MB-32A823B528ECA791 - Taken by Ezalc. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition -- MB-35B518773E45E930 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 7 entrants total.
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-7B85FFC3B53B28B6 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-C0B89C988BFBD89B - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Kane & Lynch Collection -- MB-82B4990ADF2C55F3 - Taken by Shalashaska. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-BD2B1433D74C47D7 - Taken by Gxgear. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-1163E4C0BE809CD5 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 5 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-F5C43867A6F8FE28 - Taken by Evon. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-E23C364A49A5C2A4 - Taken by SirKhalid. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power -- MB-B57A38B14E2A08EA - Taken by Valahart. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-567EFF691CC6E3D6 - Taken by Andvary. 13 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance -- MB-C2B7521EAFE53F49 - Taken by Xbudz. 5 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package -- MB-F42CA09AEE332CB9 - Taken by Accoun. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Rebellion -- MB-1FCFFB789D1A5831 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.

Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition -- MB-160D39BC92109187 - Taken by The Boat. 8 entrants total.

t1465163917z1.png

illusionary

Awesome giveaway there The Shadow! I'll not be entering as there's nothing that I've not already got from various Humble Bundles, but really nice to see.

Then don't pointlessly spam. Tell me an interesting gaming story from your childhood.

Ha thanks! Nothing particularly special about this but I must have beat SM64 and Zelda OOT when I was about 5-6 years old, which is fairly young I guess. I remember my Dad getting it for himself but then I quickly became better at him than both games, and used to sneak downstairs at night to watch my Dad playing it whilst I should have been sleeping!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah the anti-lurker rule usually hurts more than it helps iirc. Mostly because people often specifically request thanks via PM rather than spam up the thread, so the only eligible entrants are people who have done 5+ giveaways and not thru modbot.

Yeah the anti-lurker rule usually hurts more than it helps iirc. Mostly because people often specifically request thanks via PM rather than spam up the thread, so the only eligible entrants are people who have done 5+ giveaways and not thru modbot.

Pretty much, I've only entered a few giveaways and I've kept my thanks in PMs.

Is there a way to check how many posts you have in a thread? I'm not entirely sure if i have 5.

If you click on the post number of the topic you can see who all has posted. You have one post in the topic.

Yeah I noticed the modbot emphasis on pms for thanks.

Is it possible to give away steam keys that have already been activated (I.e. a way to de-activate and transfer)? I'm just wondering how people manage to have so many keys to give away (i.e. The Shadow).

Vuze

Is it possible to give away steam keys that have already been activated (I.e. a way to de-activate and transfer)? I'm just wondering how people manage to have so many keys to give away (i.e. The Shadow).
Nope, you can only remove the licence from your account but can't generate a new one this way.

There's no way to trade games once they've been claimed, i expect most of the spare keys are from bundles.

Is it possible to give away steam keys that have already been activated (I.e. a way to de-activate and transfer)?

Not once they're claimed to your account. Usually Bundle games will have extra codes like this. For Steam there's also a way of adding games to your inventory but not owning them, but Modbot can't enforce trades of those items.

Sorry about the Lurker rule. Really thought it was forum-wide. Any way to change it before time is up?

I buy a lot of bundles from Humble Bundle, Bundle Stars, etc. The vast majority of time I have a game or two that I already have so I give it away.

I might have bought one bundle twice, because there were a lot of Star Wars games unclaimed on my Humble account that I know I already have.

Sorry about the Lurker rule. Really thought it was forum-wide. Any way to change it before time is up?

It's ok, a very reasonable mistake. We still have ~2 hours right? I think those who want to participate can make five posts in that time, just a little flurry of activity.

Also I imagine anything that doesn't get given away could just be reentered in a new giveaway, right.

Ludens

Banned
Fuck me. I have a crap ton of game to give away but couldn't find this thread. Glad it bounced back to the front page.

Thanks, entered for a couple of Star Wars games I'm missing.

Also this should be still unredeemed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a itchi.o key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dynamite Alex-- MB-B84D90AC2C7EEE02 - Taken by Vazra

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot! It's going to be very useful for me haha

As has been mentioned before, you can also simply click on the replies count of a thread on the forum view to get to this page without remembering the link. :)

DZC7zD1.png

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
As has been mentioned before, you can also simply click on the replies count of a thread on the forum view to get to this page without remembering the link. :)

DZC7zD1.png
I wasn't aware that this board had such a feature. Neat.

Anyway, sweet giveaway. Let's see if I can qualify in the time remaining.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if TIE Fighter simply doesn't work right on Windows 10 or are the issues brought up in a lot of the Steam reviews just user specific?

I've been interested in the game for some time as it is highly praised and I didn't play it as a kid as far as I remember. But I don't want to enter the giveaway if I then can't run the game.

Anyway, great giveaway The Shadow!

Top Bottom