• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FreeStelllarBlade petition demanding game's original clothing hits over 50k signatures

Draugoth

Gold Member
The official Stellar Blade account on X promised on April 21st that the game would be uncensored in all countries when it was released. The account posted, “Stellar Blade offers the same uncensored version in all countries, including the Japanese version.”

Whomever, Gamers discovered that the game has indeed been censored with a number of the outfits that players can obtain for the main protagonist Eve being altered. The most prominent is a Holiday Bunny outfit.

This prompted notorious X user Grummz to start a petition demanding for the censore content to be roled back

GMXD-UEbcAATQAH

The petition gained track and it now sits at 50k , and it continues to rise (with around 10k signatures a day)

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
You can think that this is cringe and much ado about nothing, but I think it's a fairly good example of people organizing for a common goal given the tools/options at their disposal. This petition hopefully results in no death threats to the devs, no Korean protest trucks, and at least gives ShiftUp/Sony some pause to consider just making the original designs an option. It seems to me that the goal is purely additive and not reductive like removing the new censored costumes.

A lot of people are trying to vilify or insult people who are putting in at least a modicum of effort to try to get this change implemented, and I don't really get why. You lose nothing if the old costume variants are added. I have to attribute it to extreme levels of fanboyism because otherwise it makes no sense to be against something like this. At least to me.

Fucking incel losers, christ
That's certainly a take..... Maybe people actually want what they were promised. When you start a discussion by dismissing and mass insulting a group of people you don't know, you immediately signal to everyone that you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Anyway, if we ignore what they protest about and frame the argument in terms of a product, it's a pretty open and shut case. If you market a product with certain specifications to increase sales and don't deliver on the specifications, it's false marketing. It's also fraud and we've seen class action lawsuits filed for other products. Now Stellar Blade will never get to that point but, it's easy to see why people would feel misled when they paid $70 for something they did not receive.

Puscifer

You can think that this is cringe and much ado about nothing, but I think it's a fairly good example of people organizing for a common goal given the tools/options at their disposal. This petition hopefully results in no death threats to the devs, no Korean protest trucks, and at least gives ShiftUp/Sony some pause to consider just making the original designs an option. It seems to me that the goal is purely additive and not reductive like removing the new censored costumes.

A lot of people are trying to vilify or insult people who are putting in at least a modicum of effort to try to get this change implemented, and I don't really get why. You lose nothing if the old costume variants are added. I have to attribute it to extreme levels of fanboyism because otherwise it makes no sense to be against something like this. At least to me.
I mean they literally said it was because it was their final design. There's WAY more revealing costumes, who's mad at a bathing suit?

Puscifer

And what point are you trying to make exactly? That the costumes didn't exist in the original state?
Day 1 patches are a thing that change stuff why is this any different? In the grand scheme of things, you still get what you wanted

Pejo

Gold Member
Day 1 patches are a thing that change stuff why is this any different? In the grand scheme of things, you still get what you wanted
In the frame of this thread, I'm just saying it's a reasonable path to take to do a petition to get the powers in charge of this to consider adding the old costumes as an option. They already exist in the game, there would be very little work involved. The game is rated M, many people have already parroted that there are other costumes that are arguably as racy, and I agree that this shouldn't be a big deal.

Just add the original designs in as a toggle or another costume, that's all that is being requested here. Petition goes away, complaints go away, everyone is happy.

Now explain why that's a bad thing?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

You are for vocal minorities being able to force developers to make changes to their games?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Add outfit customization with layered parts and add a blood intensity toggle in options/settings. Add a couple cheat codes for big head mode and Chibi Eve mode too just for fun.

Kinda wish people would just enjoy a fun action game. This is getting pretty sad.

Last edited:

Crayon

can i say it? grow the fuck up, & show some appreciation & gratitude for what you did fucking get!...

Bucket loads of t&a. People acting like it's a slippery slope but this game rewound us to 1995 and now we got people pissing all over it because they maybe had to slightly alter 2 outfits to get the rest through. MAYBE. :/ Meanwhile in every other aaa game you'd think a halter top is a federal crime.

Puscifer

Major
iu

Vibes.
Look, I'm all for this game being successful and I'm happy for it. I even have a post saying that I appreciate this game not being safe and edgy and they just went for it. But I have to be honest when I say I don't understand the calls of censorship and whatnot when that's clearly not the case. If Sony was so hard up over a bathing suit I'm sure the basically bare naked costume wouldn't have been a thing. They clearly said it was because it was their final design and mentioned they're deciding on what to do internally since enough people are REEEing over it

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I signed the petition and I have zero interest in this game, all you losers calling people incels and shit can go fuck yourselves, you are the problem.

"Why care about the changes" isn't the question, the question that needs answering is "why did they change them in the first place?".

Closer

That's certainly a take..... Maybe people actually want what they were promised. When you start a discussion by dismissing and mass insulting a group of people you don't know, you immediately signal to everyone that you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Imagine all the people

Three

These people can't even wait a week for the answer the devs said they'll give them soon. Then people like Grummz are going to be celebrating this narcissistic "victory" like they were the one's who pushed it over the line. All while chasing that clout on twitter.

Pejo

Gold Member
Look, I'm all for this game being successful and I'm happy for it. I even have a post saying that I appreciate this game not being safe and edgy and they just went for it.
We agree up to this point. I think the game is fantastic, the gameplay is fantastic, the costumes are diverse in fanservice and more muted styles.
But I have to be honest when I say I don't understand the calls of censorship and whatnot when that's clearly not the case.
It literally happened though. This is what I don't get about this topic. You can see it in the pressed disc, the "gold" version. Gold means it passes through the ok of the developers, the publisher, and the ratings boards. The designs were fine all the way through that process. The changes were made after the discs were pressed but before the review copies were sent out. Knowing the angle that some of the bigger review sites were going with Eve's design murdering women and all the "incel" this and "virgin" that, you don't think that Sony may have been looking to curtail the fallout by last minute censorship of the designs? Like that's not even a possibility in your eyes?

I swear some people are pushing the elephant in the room out of the way while making this argument that "there's no way there could be any censorship" when it's right there, right in front of your eyes.
If that's the case why wasn't the bondage costume censored?
stellar-blade-all-outfits-and-how-to-unlock-them-35.large.jpg
lmao bad example:
Stellar-Blade-censorship-outfit.jpg

Last edited:

Puscifer

I may be wrong but I think that IS one of the censored ones. :lollipop_squinting:
It's literally a black bathing suit that had extra lace added. Also this custome is in the game

Stellar-Blade-outfit-Ocean-Maid.jpg

This is the so called censoring that the devs already stated was the final design for the costume.

eve.png

Crayon

We agree up to this point. I think the game is fantastic, the gameplay is fantastic, the costumes are diverse in fanservice and more muted styles.

It literally happened though. This is what I don't about this topic. You can see it in the pressed disc, the "gold" version. Gold means it passes through the ok of the develoeprs, the publisher, and the ratings boards. The designs were fine all the way through that process. The changes were made after the discs were pressed but before the review copies were sent out. Knowing the angle that some of the bigger review sites were going with Eve's design murdering women and all the "incel" this and "virgin" that, you don't think that Sony may have been looking to curtail the fallout by last minute censorship of the designs? Like that's not even a possibility in your eyes?

I swear some people are pushing the elephant in the room out of the way while making this argument that "there's no way there could be any censorship" when it's right there, right in front of your eyes.

lmao bad example:
Stellar-Blade-censorship-outfit.jpg

It's actually a great example because the toned down version is so hot and lewd by today's standards that you'd never guess it was one of the censored ones. Person you quoted literally picked it as an example of one of the sexier costumes.

If two months ago anyone on a videogame forum was asked about the chance of getting a legit AAA ARPG game featuring the outfits Stellar Blade has everyone would have replied "No way, Jose". Even the few who knew Shift Us from previous games would have said no. All those free costumes, not paid DLCs. People would never believe it, and rightfully so.

We are acting as if that is common in big-budget games. Regardless of the reason why the bunny suit got "nerfed" you can't say with a straight face that this game is sexually censored.

gIja5JA.jpeg

Pejo

Gold Member
If two months ago anyone on a videogame forum was asked about the chance of getting a legit AAA ARPG game featuring the outfits Stellar Blade has everyone would have replied "No way, Jose". Even the few who knew Shift Us from previous games would have said no. All those free costumes, not paid DLCs. People would never believe it, and rightfully so.

We are acting as if that is common in big-budget games. Regardless of the reason why the bunny suit got "nerfed" you can't say with a straight face that this game is sexually censored.

gIja5JA.jpeg
Let's say you are at the Bugatti dealership and the salesman hands you the keys to this amazing new car you just bought. You're excited, your friends and family are happy for you. You drive it home and have a really great time. Then later you're surfing facebook and you see the salesman post a picture of him dragging his balls up and down the steering wheel of your brand new car.

Does it make the car less cool? Not objectively, no. But don't you feel just a little bit slighted?

Top Bottom