• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck the sun

Mesoian

tumblr_inline_oprfg8ni5m1rw3kyt_540.gif

Caramello

It astonishes me that people put so much money into things like a 4K TV and PS4 Pro because they want the best possible experience but aren't willing to do relatively simple things like hang black out curtains that would have a far larger impact on the quality of the experience.

Mr-Joker

Banned
OP turn off your gaming system and go outside and just relax in the sun, then come back inside once the sun has set.

Ricker

I was sure this would be a Souls OP lol...

The sun is in fact overrated ;) ;P

I am lucky though,the way I am set up,its perfect for glares and all but at the trailer park,if I dont close the curtains in the extended area where my TV is,It's almost a fucking mirror during the day lol...

BigEmil

I'd have a happy face. I have light curtains and the misses will never have black/dark ones and likes them open in the day to let the fucking light in. Yes I thought about it but can't get rid of her.

Move your TV elsewhere or get a new TV that has less glare

MikeyB

Keep up I got curtains where my ps4 is and have blinds in the house but there light anyway so fucked eiva way. Seriously no one else get annoyed with this?

Buy blackout curtains. They come in white. The blackout part is a liner within the fabric.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Keep up I got curtains where my ps4 is and have blinds in the house but there light anyway so fucked eiva way. Seriously no one else get annoyed with this?

Get better blinds, I have a glossy monitor and it's pitch black in here.

coastel

Move your TV elsewhere or get a new TV that has less glare

TVs are not cheap and I already posted I have had it in different places. Turning the brightness up helps like I said but I'd like the best picture really.

Ok so people are not reading. I have light curtains and the misses sure as hell won't have dark ones. Apart from getting rid of the misses,that happens to come with 2 kids, I have to live with it.

Machina

Banned
I expected this to be a Switch thread.

"Big yellow piece of shit"

That big yellow piece of shit is the reason you're alive to enjoy games in the first place, buddy

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Blackout curtains are a must in tv rooms

I love the heat and humidity but I hate sunlight, especially when I'm out and about.

I wish it was extremely foggy/overcast every day with 85+ degree weather and daily heavy rain.

That's perfect weather ^^

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm actually sitting outside in the sun playing my Switch and browsing gaf, sitting under a parasol.

The trick is to put something between yourself and the sun.

A window won't work.

MikeyB

Ok so people are not reading. I have light curtains and the misses sure as hell won't have dark ones. Apart from getting rid of the misses,that happens to come with 2 kids, I have to live with it.

For the third time, blackout curtains are not black. They come in white and a variety of other colours. The blackout part is an opaque liner within the curtain that you do not see.

Top Bottom