• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck the sun

coastel

For the third time, blackout curtains are not black. They come in white and a variety of other colours. The blackout part is an opaque liner within the curtain that you do not see.

OK but do they come in "oh there so pretty do they match my wallpaper"?

m00h

Banned
44d6eeb61369379a8b0a4990c615fbd0.jpg

meppi

Buy a Game Boy Pocket or Color, go outside and play whatever game you'd like with perfect visibility. Problem solved!

vJvzfeM.jpg

cjp

For the third time, blackout curtains are not black. They come in white and a variety of other colours. The blackout part is an opaque liner within the curtain that you do not see.

Ikr.

Pretty rich of OP to say keep up when he clearly can't read

coastel

My wife spent three weeks choosing a shade of white for the walls. We found blackout curtains she liked in an afternoon.

I'm from the UK to be honest I've never even heard of such a thing. Probably because it's mostly grey here. But when it is sunny I'm surprised this annoys no one else.Seriously.

Brannon

So even if you have blackout curtains, she won't let you close them since she is a secret boktai?

Then the only other solution is to move your gaming to another room... or cheat the system by getting those standing blind thingies you can fold out and stand on the floor and make a localized black zone for when you're gaming, and put them away when otherwise.

Zurick

Banned
Really? How do some of you manage to function

Barely.

Mason Jar

Lack of lights. I'm so allergic to light I started covering up LEDs.

I have my 90yr old Grandfather answer the door so I can avoid human interaction

My freezer is stocked up on various flavors of Hot Pockets, purchased in Bulk

I don't remember the last time I bathed, or wore clothes

The closest thing I get to intimacy is when I rub one off in the Bathroom while pressing X to advance my next AI Battle in injustice 2.

My idea of sleep are the times I slip away into the darkness while gaming for a few brief minutes.

Barely.

coastel

So even if you have blackout curtains, she won't let you close them since she is a secret boktai?

Then the only other solution is to move your gaming to another room... or cheat the system by getting those standing blind thingies you can fold out and stand on the floor and make a localized black zone for when you're gaming, and put them away when otherwise.

Yea this pretty much she would want them open anyway to let the light in...like that matters.

Like I said turning the brightness up on my tv helped but I fucked around with settings way to much to then be bothered I wasn't getting the best picture.

Regiruler

I love the heat and humidity but I hate sunlight, especially when I'm out and about.

I wish it was extremely foggy/overcast every day with 85+ degree weather and daily heavy rain.

That's perfect weather ^^
I now understand why you're so weird: you're half lizard.

I'm from the UK to be honest I've never even heard of such a thing. Probably because it's mostly grey here. But when it is sunny I'm surprised this annoys no one else.Seriously.
Are you serious? You've never heard of black out curtains?

They sell them anywhere that sells curtains in the UK. Go to Dunelm and you'll get some quality ones for a decent price. Double up with some Venetian blinds for the ultimate darkness.

coastel

Are you serious? You've never heard of black out curtains?

They sell them anywhere that sells curtains in the UK. Go to Dunelm and you'll get some quality ones for a decent price. Double up with some Venetian blinds for the ultimate darkness.

Yes I am a man (as in I have no clue about curtains). We have a dunelm in my town. Really do you lot pick for your partners? I like a easy life so the house is as she wants.

mindatlarge

Rock some venetian blinds. My first purchase whenever moving into a new place. But as others have pointed out, you'll need additional items to achieve the darkness level you may be seeking.

Playing during the commute 15 minutes ago, I just stepped on every "floor on fire" at the Mythril Mine on Bravely Default, even with brightness set to the maximum. Because I could see no shit.

YX4fJzc.jpg

Onivulk

Banned
Large piece of cardboard. Cut it out to fit the window. When gaming put up cardboard.

Tell the wife to go outside.
ask her nicely to compromise for just the curtains near the tv

Zakalwe

Banned

Blackout curtains are common knowledge in my experience, UK here too. You don't just use them for direct sunlight when it's summer, but to blackout daylight in general.

Some people work night shifts etc... or live in brightly lit cities. They're not rare things for sure.

oneils

Hang a bed sheet.

I hung a quilt over my window. Depending on the bed sheet, it might be too thin. #bachelorsloblifehacks

Edit: @op, my gaming stuff used to be in the living room, but then I moved it all into a spare bedroom exactly because of this. I wanted more control over the lighting. I live alone, though, and don't know if you have a spare room.

coastel

Blackout curtains are common knowledge in my experience, UK here too. You don't just use them for direct sunlight when it's summer, but to blackout daylight in general.

Some people work night shifts etc... or live in brightly lit cities. They're not rare things for sure.

I didn't say they was. I mean my partner picks the decor. I just out it up?

Top Bottom