• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck the sun

SirNinja

But...the sun was just trying to be friends, OP :(

BvC7daL.png

Gold Member
Yea but it's not often it's bright in the UK. I'm more pissed about the tv settings really. As I said turning up the brightness helped but I feel I've taken some of the image quality away.
Yeah it could have done. I have a 4k HDR tv too but I just calibrated it using settings from the net and left it at that lol. Seems ok to me but I'm no expert tbh. If your unsure just whack it back to the defaults and start again I guess.

JMTHEFOX

Never insult the amazing sun. Ever.

This happens to me a lot. I have curtains in my room but the rod I currently have is fucked up and can't even go up properly anymore.

coastel

Yeah it could have done. I have a 4k HDR tv too but I just calibrated it using settings from the net and left it at that lol. Seems ok to me but I'm no expert tbh. If your unsure just whack it back to the defaults and start again I guess.

Yea I messed with the settings alot and put it back to default many times. The only time I felt happy with them was with a brightness adjust. Same thing with my mobile though, if sun glare is to much putting up the brightness helps. I'm guessing blops 3 could be to blame with bad settings as most games I've played are mostly ok.

RdN

This thread is pure gold.

I get kind of annoyed when gaming during the day on weekends..

My TV is directly opposite the window in my room, so the glare is real. My TV being curved also doesn't help.

I do have blinds, but they don't block out the sun completely.

But...the sun was just trying to be friends, OP :(

BvC7daL.png

I love this!

Gold Member
Yea I messed with the settings alot and put it back to default many times. The only time I felt happy with them was with a brightness adjust. Same thing with my mobile thoug, if sun glare is to much putting up the brightness helps. I'm guessing blops 3 could be to blame with bad settings as most games I've played are mostly ok.
Well if it helps and you were happy with it then I'd say go with it regardless. I mean it might be washing the image out a bit but if there is glare it's not going to be perfect anyway. Could just be the in game settings on blops maybe (if you haven't already tried that)?

I thought this would be about the sun in the Battlefield games which leaves you blind after you're done playing. Or about Dark Souls, in which case I was going to disagree.

It's just about the actual sun though. I'm bummed.

coastel

Well if it helps and you were happy with it then I'd say go with it regardless. I mean it might be washing the image out a bit but if there is glare it's not going to be perfect anyway. Could just be the in game settings on blops maybe (if you haven't already tried that)?

Yea mentioned it above I think. I put the brightness on max, as to the recommended image being at hardly visible. But was just to dark still. Just waited so long to play kino der toten zombies remaster it just pissed me off glare ruined it for me until, like I said the slightly washed out brightness being higher helped.

Ok so anyone else pissed off with that massive yellow piece of shit in the sky putting glare on the screen. Well been playing new zombies, have a pro and 4k tv. Well anyway I'm guessing the game doesn't have 4k tv in mind as the settings for brightness are to fucking dark I can't see shit.
So I spend 2 days getting pissed off with it and thinking I don't want to change the settings on my tv. So eventually I do and fuck around with everything and still not happy so I turn the brightness up on my tv and it helps a lot. Now I feel like I'm not getting the best picture during bright days.
Minus black curtains or me living in a fucking closet what are you supposed to do apart from hope the film sunshine comes true?
Sorry for the rant but it's really annoys me when I fuck up because of glare.
Also yes my tv has its back to the window and I've had it on the wall so the position doesn't help.

You can get black out curtains that aren't black. How is this not known?

That screen glare is nothing OP, when you remember it's just a cosmic series of nuclear explosions that's rays give us cancerous radiation over time, and has our race shackled into a cosmic gravitational prison that we cannot escape from as it slowly scorches out fair planet, to the inevitable point where it grows tired of such games and eventually swallows us whole. Sun's an arsehole. And it's too hot too.

Nose Master

I'm also not a huge fan, really. My eyes are pretty sensitive to sunlight tho, so I look high as shit any time I go outside and it's bright out.

joecanada

huh so I came into this thread expecting someone who hated dark souls and just found literally "fuck the sun" ...........

there's no excuse not to get blackout curtains because now they are "insulating" which saves on your heat/cool bill as well. I got them this year and they great.

Gold Member
That screen glare is nothing OP, when you remember it's just a cosmic series of nuclear explosions that's rays give us cancerous radiation over time, and has our race shackled into a cosmic gravitational prison that we cannot escape from as it slowly scorches out fair planet, to the inevitable point where it grows tired of such games and eventually swallows us whole. Sun's an arsehole.
Shit lol, bet you're fun at parties ;-(

Great post though :D

OP is an idiotic basement weaboo.
I am ultra sensitive to UV ray and cannot go out in remotely hash sunlight yet I will never say that. You are so dead without it.

Metalmarc

So far 3 days leave from work and it's been too hot as fuck to put the PS4 on, cos where i live theres nothing (no buildings,trees etc )blocking out the sun even as of right now at almost 8pm at night here.

I should add that i rarely play games ever as im always too tired to bother even at the weekends, now i have a nice week to myself , think oh i have some energy to play games maybe for the first time in 2 months, nope

coastel

That screen glare is nothing OP, when you remember it's just a cosmic series of nuclear explosions that's rays give us cancerous radiation over time, and has our race shackled into a cosmic gravitational prison that we cannot escape from as it slowly scorches out fair planet, to the inevitable point where it grows tired of such games and eventually swallows us whole. Sun's an arsehole. And it's too hot too.

Yea and I'd still be complaining about the glare.

coastel

I don't think he was making a joke.

Well what was it then. Read what he said as I'm lost about the joke or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

Edit: ok I looked at what he said and I stand by what I said. It was shitty what he said, joke or not.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
First page is hilarious. Thread is hilarious. Yall have me dying.

Just throw some dark colored sheets up, maybe folded for more darkness.

When we move I have to arrange the loving room to avoid this.

Crayon

I can't believe people are trying to defend the sun in this thread. Take off your fanboy goggles. The sun is not your friend.

ViolentP

Well what was it then. Read what he said as I'm lost about the joke or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

I understood it as while OP is upset that the sun is causing inconvenience during his gaming that some people are genuinely affected by it. I saw it as laying some perspective on the severity of OP's plight. But that's just my interpretation. I'd rather not speak for the poster.

coastel

I understood it as while OP is upset that the sun is causing inconvenience during his gaming that some people are genuinely affected by it. I saw it as laying some perspective on the severity of OP's plight. But that's just my interpretation. I'd rather not speak for the poster.

Don't then poster made a shit joke and you are defending him. Cancer isn't funny, and he was trying to be with it.

ViolentP

Don't then poster made a shit joke and you are defending him. Cancer isn't funny, and he was trying to be with it.

Hey, man. I'm just trying to keep the peace and offer you some solace that perhaps no one here is in fact making fun of cancer. I'll leave you to your interpretations then.

Top Bottom