• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck the sun

coastel

Hey, man. I'm just trying to keep the peace and offer you some solace that perhaps no one here is in fact making fun of cancer. I'll leave you to your interpretations then.

I'll leave myself to what he said and what you are defending. It's a fucking shit comment full fucking stop.

Two Words

I don't give a fuck. It's shitty to joke about skin cancer. Ever thought someone or there relatives may have suffered or died from it. Seriously fuck off with it.

It's not a joke. The whole point is that some people have real reasons to be upset about effects from the Sun and you don't in regards to screen glare.

LoveCake

lol OP.

ipZRqXe.gif

We are the children of the sun and we are all made of stardust.

I agree it is getting a bit too hot though.

feIEWH9.gif

TSM

Any room you don't control the lighting in is a nightmare for picture quality generally. Whether it's the sun or just bad lighting placement your display image will be less than optimal barring complete darkness.

coastel

It's not a joke. The whole point is that some people have real reasons to be upset about effects from the Sun and you don't in regards to screen glare.

So let's get this right. I say fuck the sun to be tongue im cheek about glare on the screen and you say some people don't like the sun because it gave them cancer...yea fuck off dont try to twist it. It's shitty what you said. Report it to mods if you wish. If I get banned so be it, I wouldn't want to be part of a community that makes comments like that so casualy.

Two Words

So let's get this right. I say fuck the sun to gue in cheek about glare on the screen and you say some people don't like the sun because it gave them cancer...yea fuck off dont try to twist it. It's shitty what you said. Report it to mods if you wish. If I get banned so be it, I wouldn't want to be part of makes comments like that so casualy.

I'm sure the sun glare will keep you off anyways.

Gold Member
Off topic but why don't we just shoot all our trash and things like nuclear waste into the sun?
Cost prohibitive most likely. Plus would it be a good idea? Fucking with the sun seems like a bad idea to me lol.

<overthink>

I can imagine one of the following happening...

1. A solar flare hits it as it draws near, pulsing it back towards to the earth at twice the speed we sent it. We now have a nuclear missle heading our way...

2. It successful and over time we start feeding the sun more nuclear waste, it grows from our feeding and eventually engulfs the inner planets!!!

I'm jesting of course. It would burn up millions of miles before it got there. But it would cost a load to send it into space ;-)

</overthink>

Brannon

This thread is dying in the wrong way :(

So here's that solution!

u52yv79.jpg

The curtains stay open, and the divider can be moved out of the way when done with the game. Installation is nil. It's pretty much the perfect solution, though you may need two or even three of them, but they're cheap anyway.

nachum00

Who loves the sun
Who cares that it makes plants grow
Who cares what it does
Since you broke my heart
Who loves the wind
Who cares that it makes breezes
Who cares what it does
Since you broke my heart
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Not everyone
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Who loves the rain
Who cares that it makes flowers
Who cares that it makes showers
Since you broke my heart
Who loves the sun
Who cares that it is shining
Who cares what it does
Since you broke my heart
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Not everyone
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Sun
Sun
Sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Who loves the sun
Pa Pa Pa Pa
Not just anyone
https://youtu.be/DgGuTicdtyg

ViolentP

Yeap just the joke of cancer and bam...it changes...no idea why.

I don't defend making a point using such an extreme case as cancer. I defend that it wasn't a joke. If he was making light of it, I'd be right there with you. But an extreme example is easily brushed off.

coastel

I read that you called someone a dumb fuck when they made a joke. I see lots of jokes in this thread, but I don't see anyone calling you a dumb fuck.

But after the crappy jokes I've seen sorry but if he read the thread a bit more. He would realise that yes...he's a dumb fuck.

Sanctuary

I've said "fuck the sun" for general screen viewing since 2006 or so (although I used to darken my room as a kid with aluminum foil. Kept it cooler in the summer too). Initially I went the cheap route and had some thick lawn bags up, but then I had some blackout curtains made from some faux leather. The bags would draw in too much of the sun during the summer, which made the room warmer than it needed to be. I kind of had to darken my room in 2009 when I got my plasma though. There was no way to really view it in the day otherwise. Now with an OLED--which is brighter in some respects--I still need to do it.

Someone posted in the thread that there are blackout curtains in a white color and that you didn't have to get black ones.

The aggressive tone of the OP doesn't help.

I just went with black for the top of the material, and white for the back. The back helps reflect the light, and the black somewhat dampens any stray beams that might happen to get in. Any top color would work though I suppose if you have them setup correctly.

Enjoy your brittle bones, OP.

Vitamin D exists.

coastel

I don't defend making a point using such an extreme case as cancer. I defend that it wasn't a joke. If he was making light of it, I'd be right there with you. But an extreme example is easily brushed off.

I don't care anymore. It's there for all to see. Report it to the mods. As far as I'm concerned it's a shitty comment and I honestly believe he meant it as a joke, as such I don't care what you or him have to say.

Two Words

I don't care anymore. It's there for all to see. Report it to the mods. As far as I'm concerned it's a shitty comment and I honestly believe he meant it as a joke, as such I don't care what you or him have to say.

Ahh, going for the anti-vaxxer strat.

65os7odbIW6pa.gif

ViolentP

I'm not reporting anything. Just trying to keep things....light.

Top Bottom