• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Bore [Now on Steam!] Anthropomorphic Metroidvania Boars

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Part 2 Release date: No idea! We're working on it! Most of the puzzles are done, and we're slowly getting new narrative content in. We're trying to work out how and when to beta-test part 2 though. We'll try to keep you in the loop.

Regarding Sony, they got back to us & directed us to their developer signup page, but until we finish the actual game, I'm not going to have enough time to work on any ports- I had to go get a real (contracting) job before I went bankrupt D:

I was asking the devs again about the release date and Sony, this is what they said. The last line being especially... sad.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well hopefully they get enough from their IGS sale D:

Dunno, that was ~2000 sales at 1,50$ average.3000$ doesnt sound like all that much really. These guys really need the Steam release to get these sale numbers up to a decent standard.

Sajjaja

I played about a half hour of this right now just to see what it was like. A nice charming experience. The music is really well done, the animations are great, and I felt compelled to get all gems in an area before moving on (despite not knowing their purpose). There was also a great sense of mystery too because I found this weird alter thing and clicked it. I passed out and I think I was in an alternate dimension or something but I couldn't do/progress anywhere in that area (yet?) so I went back. Ominous. It's pretty great, and knowing that this first part alone is about 20 hours brings me great joy that I will be able to experience even more when part 2 comes out for free.

Will definitely get back to it once I'm free of work.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Greenlit! :-O

Awesome guys! May you get windfall sales on launch. Full Bore deserves it so much.
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198683067

Good, it deserves it.

I've put a couple of hours into Full Bore, and I have to say I like it a lot. Graphics are nice, animations are excellent, the music is catchy, story is interesting and humorous, and the puzzle style gameplay is well done. So far it's a very good game. Going to play more this weekend.

Toma

Grats to the devs!

So the game is now full right? And when will they release the keys?

The game isnt full yet, as being "Greenlit" doesnt mean that the game released on Steam. It only means that the dev can now release the game at some point that they see fit. And before that, naturally, no Steam keys.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The game isnt full yet, as being "Greenlit" doesnt mean that the game released on Steam. It only means that the dev can now release the game at some point that they see fit. And before that, naturally, no Steam keys.

Ah I see. I enjoyed the time I played during First Dig so can't wait for the full saga.

Hope it's ok to resurrect this (hasn't been that long anyway!). I'm almost 50% through and man, it's quite the treat. Spoilers ahead...

I'm up to
the second section, Deep Delve. However, I immediately turned back around in an effort to 100% Workings. In looking at the map today I saw that the area Vision is actually a QR code! So cool. I haven't played much of a certain other pixel-art exploration indie, but I've heard enough things to believe that this is a nod to that? Anyway, I scanned it and got what looks like Zelda Lost Forest directions but haven't gotten back to that area yet. I think I'm about 80-90% through with Workings and can't wait to see what Deep Delve has in store for me.

Is the second half of The First Dig as good as the first half?

Toma

Hope it's ok to resurrect this (hasn't been that long anyway!). I'm almost 50% through and man, it's quite the treat. Spoilers ahead...

I'm up to
the second section, Deep Delve. However, I immediately turned back around in an effort to 100% Workings. In looking at the map today I saw that the area Vision is actually a QR code! So cool. I haven't played much of a certain other pixel-art exploration indie, but I've heard enough things to believe that this is a nod to that? Anyway, I scanned it and got what looks like Zelda Lost Forest directions but haven't gotten back to that area yet. I think I'm about 80-90% through with Workings and can't wait to see what Deep Delve has in store for me.

Is the second half of The First Dig as good as the first half?

Better, because you start to see more mysterious happenings and the puzzles become more interesting.

Also, you got those directions, so figure out how to use them! That will also explain the nature of the easteregg. (You can already). If you need another hint, just tell me here ;)

Xanathus

Oh hey this game again. Any ideas about when it's going to go up on Steam? It's already passed Greenlight. The game kept crashing on startup for me and I reported it to the dev and he said that it would be fixed in the next build so I thought I'd just wait for the Steam version to play it so I'd get the achievements and what not.

Toma

Oh hey this game again. Any ideas about when it's going to go up on Steam? It's already passed Greenlight. The game kept crashing on startup for me and I reported it to the dev and he said that it would be fixed in the next build so I thought I'd just wait for the Steam version to play it so I'd get the achievements and what not.

"Soon." (tm)

The last I heard, they were still polishing it but it shouldnt be too far off. If you are subscribed to this thread, you'll notice when the thread is bumped again once someone mentions the Steam release.

Better, because you start to see more mysterious happenings and the puzzles become more interesting.

Also, you got those directions, so figure out how to use them! That will also explain the nature of the easteregg. (You can already). If you need another hint, just tell me here ;)
I thought it might have been specific to that area but I'll try it next time I boot :)

Glad to hear it gets even better. The Full Bore lore is actually really neat.

Do you know if there's any place to get the OST standalone from other than here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/theadjectivepluralnoun3? Just curious.

Toma

I thought it might have been specific to that area but I'll try it next time I boot :)

Glad to hear it gets even better. The Full Bore lore is actually really neat.

Do you know if there's any place to get the OST standalone from other than here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/theadjectivepluralnoun3? Just curious.

I got it from the Indiegamestand Pay-more-than-x-deal. Dont think you can get the soundtrack now if you buy it there though :( Sorry.

Beat this yesterday. Quite the gem. I'm very excited for the follow up. It was a little annoying to get around in the latter half of The First Dig but I thought this game was perfect otherwise.

I got it from the Indiegamestand Pay-more-than-x-deal. Dont think you can get the soundtrack now if you buy it there though :( Sorry.
No worries

Courtesy of Screenshot Saturday:
directlink_BeTmBi3CEAAoJfO.png%3Alarge.png

Toma

will this game be on Steam proper some day? Looks awesome!

Yep, in fact they already passed Greenlight and have the full version almost done. They are still polishing it up and adding some convenience features. This game has a ridiciculous amount of quality content and overall polish. Gem of a game.

Not sure how long it will take until they fully release it on Steam, but I heard it through the grapevine that they start Beta testing the steam release soonish.

Yep, in fact they already passed Greenlight and have the full version almost done. They are still polishing it up and adding some convenience features. This game has a ridiciculous amount of quality content and overall polish. Gem of a game.

Not sure how long it will take until they fully release it on Steam, but I heard it through the grapevine that they start Beta testing the steam release soonish.

oh good! I'll definitely check it out then, thanks mate!

Noogy

Super excited to finally play this through Steam. I picked up the standalone ages ago and agree that it's one of the most polished and interesting puzzle/platformers out there.

Toma

IndieGameStand is out of Desura keys for this game. Hopefully they make good on their promise to restock.

Shouldnt they get Steam keys now anyway?

Toma

Indie Game Stand Desura key.

Huh? That shouldnt happen, pretty sure they'll give you another key if you contact them. I assume that happened because the original keys were for the Full Bore first episode and they switched to Full Bore complete now.

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
Email the devs and they'll sort you out with one.

Those who bought the game during the Indiemeadow bundle, Indiemeadow will not be providing keys from their website. We can provide you with a Humble, Desura or Indiegamestand Key which will get you a Steam key when they become available. Please email wholehog@wholehog-games.com with your indiemeadow receipt and we'll send you a code for one of the above stores.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/264060/discussions/0/540740501419695997/

i found my key, i just had to go to the original humble url in my receipts to get to where i could click on steam/desura key like it was a brand new humble purchase

chumple

Neo Member
Hi all! So here's the scoop:

Humble, Indiegamestand and Desura have Steam keys uploaded, and should be accessible now.

The Desura keys available through Indiegamestand have expired, and I'm working to fix that today.

Indiemeadow bundle purchasers will get a steam key added to their download page (this is still in the works, we've been swamped by emails about this)

Thanks, I hope everyone is enjoying the game (those of you who have your preferred game copy already)

Top Bottom