• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full E3 Press Conference Dates/Times (Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

luffeN said:
Damn! I miscalculated.. When the Nintendo conference starts, I will be writing an exam :(
Which time zone? I might have made an error, as I was just using Wikipedia to research the various zones.

Also, can an American confirm that the times are correct for PDT? I keep seeing PST in all the statements, which makes little sense to me. Most of the Continental US (excluding Arizona) seems to be on daylight savings right now, unless I'm mistaken...

luffeN

Clipper said:
Which time zone? I might have made an error, as I was just using Wikipedia to research the various zones.

Also, can an American confirm that the times are correct for PDT? I keep seeing PST in all the statements, which makes little sense to me. Most of the Continental US (excluding Arizona) seems to be on daylight savings right now, unless I'm mistaken...
No, you have calculated correctly :D

PDT is just the name for the PST summer time. PDT for GMT+1 (so CET) is -9 hours. So 09:00 PDT is 18:00 (6 PM) GMT+1 :D

Clipper

luffeN said:
PDT is just the name for the PST summer time. PDT for GMT+1 (so CET) is -9 hours. So 09:00 PDT is 18:00 (6 PM) GMT+1 :D
Yeah, I know that. But most of the places that mention the times say that the conferences start at "9AM PST" and so on. Given past years, I have to assume this means 9AM PDT. From what I can gather, the US is like Australia in that the S in the initialisations stands for 'Standard' and not 'Summer' like it does in Europe, so it makes little sense to use 'PST'. 'PT' or 'PDT' seem to be the only valid terms according to Wikipedia. I assume this is just people using the two terms (PST/PDT) interchangeably, but I'm just not sure.

Gorgon

I thank the guy who made that table, but here in europe people think in terms of GMT+#hours. Those designations are completely useless for europeans!

But thanks anyway! Great table.

Clipper

Gorgon said:
I thank the guy who made that table, but here in europe people think in terms of GMT+#hours. Those designations are completely useless for europeans!

But thanks anyway! Great table.
Well, I can add the offsets easily enough if it's really the way you guys refer to your times.

Gorgon

Clipper said:
Well, I can add the offsets easily enough if it's really the way you guys refer to your times.

You're very kind. I'm not going to ask you for it, but it would be nice. We really don't use that nomenclature. For example, my time zone is GMT+2, my native country is GMT+0, and so forth. That's how we do it.

But you did a great job with the table. Thanks a lot!

Clipper

Gorgon said:
You're very kind. I'm not going to ask you for it, but it would be nice. We really don't use that nomenclature. For example, my time zone is GMT+2, my native country is GMT+0, and so forth. That's how we do it.

But you did a great job with the table. Thanks a lot!
So should I be putting the standard offsets or the current Summer offsets? Using the current Summer offsets, I get:
e3timesos.png

Also, I know at least CET is used commonly, so aren't the others too? Would WET, CET and EET make more sense to you? Given luffeN's use of CET being GMT+1, I guess I have got the offsets wrong there and should be giving the non-Summer offsets, though...

I no longer specify Standard or Daylight times exactly for this reason - If I just leave everything standard, I confuse the people who are in the know (It's summer - PST doesn't exist right now) and if I specify, I confuse those who don't know (What's a PDT?).

luffeN

Clipper said:
So should I be putting the standard offsets or the current Summer offsets? Using the current Summer offsets, I get:
e3timesos.png

Also, I know at least CET is used commonly, so aren't the others too? Would WET, CET and EET make more sense to you? Given luffeN's use of CET being GMT+1, I guess I have got the offsets wrong there and should be giving the non-Summer offsets, though...
Yeah.. we need one world time :D It gets even more complicated. We have CET (central european time) and CEST (central european summer time) xD GMT +1 should be the same as UTC +1. UTC is the time in London for example.

http://www.zeitzonen.de/pacific_sta...nia_kalifornien_idaho_nord-_nevada_orego.html gives me +9 hours from L.A. to Austria.

Edit: your current calculations are correct as far as I'm concerned.

Gorgon

Clipper said:
e3timesos.png

Regarding CET/WET/EET, we really refer to Greenwish (GMT) for the most part with +- additions for different zones.

I thinks it's good as it is.

Thanks!

Clipper

Gorgon said:
Regarding CET/WET/EET, we really refer to Greenwish (GMT) for the most part with +- additions for different zones.

I thinks it's good as it is.

Thanks!
I've updated the original images to include the offsets.

M.D

Edit: I think this is the wrong thread for this, sorry

Anyway, looks like they'll have some Uncharted 3 this week or next week?

3eicj.jpg

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand this format. WTH are we not using GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) to denote time zones, the same way as the whole world does? Britain is GMT, majority of Europe is +1 GMT, etc.

Is it American thing that you always need to come up with your own stuff?

Castor Krieg said:
I'm sorry, but I cannot stand this format. WTH are we not using GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) to denote time zones, the same way as the whole world does? Britain is GMT, majority of Europe is +1 GMT, etc.

Pretty much. We have to be different from the rest of the world for some reason.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Castor Krieg said:

Huh? The chart has times based off GMT with the hour offset in parenthesis.

DrForester said:
Huh? The chart has times based off GMT with the hour offset in parenthesis.

Is it some variation of Summer Time? Because since I was very young GMT was always +0, Europe was +1, etc. Why complicate it more?

How long are the conferences usually? Hopefully, I'll be able to finish watching the Nintendo conference before my class begins. :(
I wonder if I'll be able to stream it on my iPhone...

antonz

Necromanti said:
How long are the conferences usually? Hopefully, I'll be able to finish watching the Nintendo conference before my class begins. :(
Sony is saying theirs is 90 minutes. Nintendo will probably be the full 2 hours

Necromanti said:

nintendo is usually short give or take, but then they have cafe to show off, my prediction is it'll be 90 minutes then they'll have hands on time with cafe .
sony has already said theirs will be 90 minutes and i'm gonna guess microsoft will be 90 minutes especially since EA's conference is afterwords at 12:30 pdt

From The Dust said:
it's gonna become the new Kirby GCN, so expect it to be for the Cafe but in a very altered state (in other words, not Kirby Wii but a new game)

It is Kirby GCN. That was like the first footage in five years, lol.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
It is Kirby GCN. That was like the first footage in five years, lol.

exacly, and then we won't hear of it while we get a different Kirby game for the Cafe. then we will learn that Kirby Wii was ported to the Cafe and get a short clip for it. the wheel life keeps turning

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Oh, good! All of the conferences will be at good time for me, just rechecked! I'm so lucky to be on vacations by that time.

Griffin said:
what are the odds that we're going to see
Eight Days
?

Not much. But hey, I'd love it if they do show the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom