• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full E3 Press Conference Dates/Times (Nintendo, MS, Sony, EA, Ubisoft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Dust said:
people still care about Eight Days? that shit fell off the earth :lol

With valid reason. The concept (driving across America, persuing criminals, gun fighting ect) was pretty awesome and hadn't been done before when the game was first announced. Also the concept video they showed off looked snazzy back in the day, and the leaked animation system vids were pretty stunning. So I'd love to see it again, although I have a feeling it would be a very different game now.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bisnic said:
I took the day off for work for june 7th.

tumblr_l3wu2eM0sA1qa6wvao1_500.png
9QNWB.jpg

Bulzeeb

From The Dust said:
exacly, and then we won't hear of it while we get a different Kirby game for the Cafe. then we will learn that Kirby Wii was ported to the Cafe and get a short clip for it. the wheel life keeps turning

Kirby GCN wants to be the Duke Nuke Forever of Nintendo, but I do want to play it >_<

Loudninja

PlayStation Fans: Watch E3 Online Right Here
Last year, we invited three hundred fans into our press conference. This year, we’re shooting for a million.

You’ve been requesting it, so for the first time, we’ll be broadcasting the entirety of the PlayStation press conference directly into this Blog. Additionally, we’re setting up a mini-studio in the PlayStation booth, and we’ll be bringing in developers while the show floor is open for interviews, live demos and to answer your questions via a built-in chat module. It all starts right here on June 6th.

Kaz Hirai, Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/29/playstation-fans-watch-e3-online-try-to-win-your-way-in/

watershed

Banned
So all three are hosting their conferences online now right? And G4 is broadcasting the entire E3. Wasn't there also some news about Spike tv doing E3 coverage?

artwalknoon said:
So all three are hosting their conferences online now right? And G4 is broadcasting the entire E3. Wasn't there also some news about Spike tv doing E3 coverage?

If they did, it would probably be after the fact.
There's no way they can go that long without commercial breaks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AceBandage said:
If they did, it would probably be after the fact.
There's no way they can go that long without commercial breaks.

Spike has done live showings of E3 before haven't they? They just WILL interrupt with commercials. Wasn't there some grumbling when they cut to commercial right before Halo was shown (or was that G4)?

lockload

AceBandage said:
That was G4.
Actually, now that you mention it, I think Spike might have shown MS's conference last year.
Not completely sure, though.

DrForester said:
Spike has done live showings of E3 before haven't they? They just WILL interrupt with commercials. Wasn't there some grumbling when they cut to commercial right before Halo was shown (or was that G4)?

Spike is showing the microsoft conference this year commercial free http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Articles/20110526-e3-2011-spiketv

AniHawk

DrForester said:
yeah that was g4. you could hear sessler arguing with someone in the background right before it happened too.

BY2K

Membero Americo
AniHawk said:
yeah that was g4. you could hear sessler arguing with someone in the background right before it happened too.

Is there anywhere where I can see that? Seriously, I just want to see that clusterfuck.

-le sigh- Kirby wii(or cafe if it has been ported) and pikmin 3 are gonna be my biggest joys/disappointments . i usually don't do the whole "hoping for things that aren't confirmed" thing so i'm not disappointed but man, those 2 hopeful games have hooked me.

watershed

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
-le sigh- Kirby wii(or cafe if it has been ported) and pikmin 3 are gonna be my biggest joys/disappointments . i usually don't do the whole "hoping for things that aren't confirmed" thing so i'm not disappointed but man, those 2 hopeful games have hooked me.

Pikmin 3 for the cafe is the only one of those for me. I sooooo badly want to see Pikmin in hd but there's next to no reason to expect it, still I do.....

artwalknoon said:
Pikmin 3 for the cafe is the only one of those for me. I sooooo badly want to see Pikmin in hd but there's next to no reason to expect it, still I do.....
I kinda expect it. It started development rather recently, so moving it to the Cafe shouldn't hinder the team too much

Instro

artwalknoon said:

I dunno it seems somewhat likely. Pikmin is a relatively big title, theres no point in using it to keep a dying platform afloat. Also I recall Miyamoto basically saying the game would benefit from HD graphics.

Necromanti said:
What are the chances of being able to watch the conferences live on my iPhone? :(
I think someone might stream it on Justin.TV. If you have the app, you should be able to watch it there.
I'm going to be at work during the conferences so that's what I'm going to be doing.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Guys, on Gametrailers we will be streaming all 5 major press briefings in HD. These streams will be available on iPad, iPhone, and Android phones as well....as will all the rest of our coverage.

Clipper

Castor Krieg said:
Is it some variation of Summer Time? Because since I was very young GMT was always +0, Europe was +1, etc. Why complicate it more?
Sigh... sorry for not catching this earlier, but this is why I asked whether I should be using the current Summer offsets or the standard offsets. Britain is currently operating in GMT+1 time, not GMT, due to daylight savings. Thus, I put (+1) as that is the actual offset used to calculate the time at the current stage.

Are you truly saying you find it more logical to refer to Britain times in Summer as (GMT+0) when the times listed in the same row are actually one hour later than GMT? Should I perhaps be showing the non-Summer times and letting you calculate them yourselves? I can change anything there, but it would be nice to get some consensus as I have multiple Europeans telling me entirely conflicting things are correct.

Edit: for anyone confused, we are discussing the layout of this table and the least ambiguous way to name/indicate the European time zones:
E3times.png

AiTM

Banned
geoffmk said:
Guys, on Gametrailers we will be streaming all 5 major press briefings in HD. These streams will be available on iPad, iPhone, and Android phones as well....as will all the rest of our coverage.

Have GT streams held up well in past years? HD streams sound nice...but from what I remember E3 streams never held up well for me...

pharmboy044 said:
I think someone might stream it on Justin.TV. If you have the app, you should be able to watch it there.
I'm going to be at work during the conferences so that's what I'm going to be doing.
geoffmk said:
Thank ye kindly! Looks like I'll be enjoying E3 live, after all.

Linkup

Instro said:
I dunno it seems somewhat likely. Pikmin is a relatively big title, theres no point in using it to keep a dying platform afloat. Also I recall Miyamoto basically saying the game would benefit from HD graphics.

Yeah, thought most of us already decide it was a Wii2 game.

geoffmk said:
Ah helll yeah, that's even better. Thanks for the heads up Geoff.

DanMoritz

Neo Member
geoffmk said:

Nice!

Sadist

SidVicious said:
So is anyone else finding it a bit weird how the conferences are spread out this year?
Except for the Sony one, not really. Sony holding their conference on Tuesday is actually smart, seeing what happened last year. Everybody was talking about MS being bad and Nintendo being awesome; not about the okay show from Sony.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sadist said:
Except for the Sony one, not really. Sony holding their conference on Tuesday is actually smart, seeing what happened last year. Everybody was talking about MS being bad and Nintendo being awesome; not about the okay show from Sony.

Even if Nintendo wasn't THAT good, everybody would be over the new console. Sony doesn't want that.

Gametrailers were really bad live last year, for me. The official streams will be my first stop this year, with other sites open in different tabs in case they overload.

In the seven years I've been streaming E3 press conferences live, I've never found one that was REALLY reliable. 'Tis a shame.

Also, I PM'd Evilore about unlcoking the Spoiler Free thread soon, so make sure to bookmark/subscribe if that's a thread that will interest you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom