• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full translated Japanese Wii release list - Sega light gun game on the way and others

Rocked

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67678

Some stuff I hadn't heard about in this article, like the Sega light gun game and (yawn) Mario Party 8. Pokemon will be huge before Christmas!

Closer examination of Nintendo Japan's enormous list of software titles in development for Wii reveals that Big Brain Academy, Super Paper Mario, Kirby and others will be making the leap in 2007.

The full list mentions Super Paper Mario (previously a Cube-only title - we've asked Nintendo what that version's fate is), Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race, Hoshi no Kirby, Mario Party 8, Eyeshield 21, a new light-gun style title from SEGA and "Wii Music".

It also pegs the Japanese release of Fire Emblem as February.

Big Brain Academy will form part of Nintendo's "Touch! Generations" push for Wii, and will include multiplayer versus and co-op modes for two players, along with brain-training activities similar to those of the DS version.
Advertisement

The full list of Japanese titles, which I had an enormous amount of fun formatting, follows.

Launch titles

* Elebits (Konami)
* Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco Bandai)
* Hajimete no Wii aka "Wii Play" (Nintendo)
* Kororinpa (Hudson)
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
* Machi-Kuru Domino (Success)
* Necro-Nesia (Spike)
* Red Steel (Ubisoft)
* SD Gundam Revolution (Namco Bandai)
* Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (SEGA)
* Swing Golf Pangya (Tecmo)
* Tamagotchi no Pikapika Daitouryou (Namco Bandai)
* Trauma Centre: Second Opinion (Atlus)
* Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
* Wii Sports (Nintendo)
* Wing Island (Hudson)

December 6th titles

* Bleach Wii (SEGA)
* Cooking Mama (Taito)
* Crayon Shin-chan (Banpresto)
* Furifuri (Taito)
* Mahjong Wii (KOEI)
* Need For Speed: Carbon (EA)
* Pokemon Battle Revolution (Nintendo)
* Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
* Sengoku Musou Wave (KOEI)
* Sudoku (Hudson)
* Tsuri Master (Hudson)

2007 (working titles where staggeringly obvious)

* 3D Action game (Takara Tomy)
* 3D Boxing Action game (AQ Interactive)
* Action Game (ASNetworks)
* Action Game (Epoch)
* Action game (Takara Tomy)
* Action Game (Banpresto)
* Action Game (From Software)
* Action RPG (From Software)
* Bachindaa (Hudson, February)
* Barnyard (THQ)
* Baseball Game (Konami)
* Battle Action game (Takara Tomy)
* Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)
* Bokujou Monogatari Wii (Marvelous Interactive)
* Bomberman Land (Hudson, March)
* Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
* Cars (THQ)
* Crossword (Hudson, March)
* Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Nintendo)
* Densha de Go! (Taito)
* Disaster (Nintendo, spring)
* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (Nintendo)
* Doubutsu no Mori (Nintendo)
* Dragon Ball Z Sparking! NEO (Namco Bandai, January)
* Dragon Quest Swords (Square Enix, spring)
* Excite Truck (Nintendo, January)
* Eyeshield 21 (Nintendo)
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearer (Square Enix)
* Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami (Nintendo, February)
* Fishing Game (ASNetworks, summer)
* Forever Blue (Nintendo)
* GT pro series (MTO)
* Gun Shooting game (SEGA)
* Harry Potter (EA)
* Heroes (Spike)
* Horse Racing Action game (KOEI)
* Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
* Java (Spike, spring)
* Jigsaw Puzzle (Hudson, March)
* Kawano Nushi-Tsuri Series (Marvelous Interactive)
* Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
* Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo)
* Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
* Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Nintendo)
* Mobile Suit Gundam (Namco Bandai)
* Music simulation game (Konami)
* New Action Adventure Game 1 (Konami)
* New Action Adventure Game 2 (Konami)
* New RPG (KOEI)
* Noumiso Konekone Puzzle Takoron (Compile Heart, summer)
* One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (Namco Bandai)
* Original Action game (D3 Publisher)
* Original Simulation game (Marvelous Interactive)
* Pac-Man Carnival (Namco Bandai)
* Princess Company (Starfish SD)
* Project Hammer (Nintendo)
* RPG (Konami)
* San-X Allstar for Wii (MTO)
* Shooting Game (ASNetworks, summer)
* Simple series (D3 Publisher)
* Soccer Game (Konami)
* Sonic and the Secret Rings (SEGA)
* Soothing character action game (MTO)
* SpongeBob SquarePants (THQ)
* SSX (EA)
* Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)
* Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
* Sword Fighting Action game (Interchannel-Holon)
* Sword of Legendia (Namco Bandai)
* The Dog Island (Yuke's)
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA)
* Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Activision)
* Totsugeki Famicom Wars W (Nintendo)
* Wii Music (Nintendo)
* Wii Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo, spring)

M3wThr33

Banned
Could it be a port of Jurassic Park 1 and 2?
Oh, I would love that, freaking LOVE that.
(JP3 was made by Konami.)

M3wThr33

Banned
GhostSeed said:
Come on House of the Dead #1.
NO! It's been ported too much. Play it on old consoles. I already memorized the entire game. I want a NEW arcade port of an old game. JURASSIC PARK!

It was on the Saturn, Dreamcast and PC. I don't know if the Xbox of HOTD3 had #1 in it.

5 Konami games?
Not a single one announced yet. Obviously 1 is Kojima's game and the soccer being whatever Wii version of WE. What are the rest?
Also, other than Biohazard Chronicles, there's a surprising lack of Capcom support for Wii, and yet they're supporting the 360 heavily (even though they're Xbox games weren't really hits)

GhostSeed

M3wThr33 said:
NO! It's been ported too much. Play it on old consoles. I already memorized the entire game. I want a NEW arcade port of an old game. JURASSIC PARK!

It was on the Saturn, Dreamcast and PC. I don't know if the Xbox of HOTD3 had #1 in it.

Wait when was the first one on Dreamcast.

Rocked

EternalDarko said:
Also, other than Biohazard Chronicles, there's a surprising lack of Capcom support for Wii, and yet they're supporting the 360 heavily (even though they're Xbox games weren't really hits)

Capcom likes to support the underdog for some reason.

Mashing

LegendofJoe said:
Damn, Konami has a ton of games coming for the Wii. I had no idea they were throwing that much support behind Nintendo.

Which is strange considering, even in Japan, they did jack shit for GC.

Rocked

WhatRuOn said:
Is Banana Blitz going to suck like adventure...or is it going to rock like the first 2?

Hard to say. It's done by Amusement Vision who made the first two games, but the jumping and boss battles worry me.

Neo Child

Banned
the year 20XX said:
Unfortunately, it'll still be Mario Party.

I really hope Hudson create a new MP engine from the grounds up, I am really sick of 4,5,6,7's. Please, add shadows and stuff.

In other wods - Excite Truck, 2007... :(

WhatRuOn said:
Is Banana Blitz going to suck like adventure...or is it going to rock like the first 2?

Jumping isn't so bad, and Boss Battles arent too common, so you should love it.

Taker666

EternalDarko said:

I still can't believe they didn't chuck in a quick Okami port.

darkbanjo

Dead Rising is doing very well though.

Is Famicom Wars Battalion Wars? I thought Nintendo said they were two seperate series'?

GDGF

Soothsayer
darkbanjo said:
Is Famicom Wars Battalion Wars? I thought Nintendo said they were two seperate series'?

I hope they're two seperate series, but now that you mention it, it probably is Battalion Wars...

Neomoto

the year 20XX said:
Unfortunately, it'll still be Mario Party.
To be honest, I never owned a Mario Party game.. but with Wii controlls, new content and an online mode (assuming it will be online, why woudn't it?), I'll be there.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Sugarman said:
Advance Wars deserves a full-blown console game like Fire Emblem. Battalion Wars is a disgrace.

I dig Batallion Wars, but Famicom Wars does deserve a full blown console game. Maybe it'll happen someday. Until then there's always the DS.

Light gun shooters will make the Wii an essential purchase. Its about effing time that somebody finally figured out what the Wii will be best for, ressurecting arcade style games at home.

Kororinpa(marble rolling) looks pretty dang ace too, no?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wonder if it'll be Virtua Cop Revolution?

(yeah I know it's called the Wii, but Revolution makes a much better end of title tag)

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
* Gun Shooting game (SEGA) = NiGHTs 2?

I would guess Virtua Cop, actually.

EternalDarko said:
5 Konami games?
Not a single one announced yet. Obviously 1 is Kojima's game and the soccer being whatever Wii version of WE. What are the rest?

My guesses:

Soccer = Winning Eleven Wii
Baseball = Power Pro
Action Adventure 1 = Kojima's game
Action Adventure 2 = Castlewiinia (Iga was much more positive with regards to Wii as of Leipzig)
RPG = No idea. Very unlikely to be Suikoden -- more likely to be a new IP, like how PS2 got Reiselied.

And Elebits. Nice support from them all around, for sure.

Mashing said:
Which is strange considering, even in Japan, they did jack shit for GC.

Not too surprising given that the president of Konami said after E3 that he expects the Wii to dominate Japan on DS levels.

OmegaRed

oo Animal Crossing is on the list. Hope we get info on that soon. And two games from Konami. Wonder what they could be.

Rocked said:
Capcom likes to support the underdog for some reason.

Ugh... I hate it when people say this. Capcom released probably 2-3x as many games for PS2 as they did GC last gen. And maybe 4 of their GC games were exclusive.

They support PSP because it's an easy platform to do ports and remakes on, plus a lot of those games were planned back before DS became a juggernaut.

Why do they support 360? Probably because it's actually on the market right now. I'm sure if PS3 is successful at all, most of the "exclusive" 360 games will be ported to cash in on the European and Japanese markets. Though Dead Rising is doing (relatively) well in NA, its sales are going to be non-existent in EU and JP.

Anyhow, Capcom seems hell bent on going with the hardcore model of X360/PS3/PSP rather than the low-cost model of Wii/DS. Despite the fact that it's essentially what hurt its company last gen with low performing, high budget games.

The biggest surprise here to me is that Capcom's one game is from an M-rated series.

Also, regarding the Sega light gun game, I would imagine it would be something more "family oriented" than Virtua Cop or House of the Dead. I hope I'm wrong though.

ethelred said:
Yes. Kirby, DK, and SPM are all moved.

Is there a link for that? :)

Edit: Nevermind, the list will be enough.

Also, a few other things I noticed. Heroes (Spike) and Fire Emblem (Nintendo, February).

ethelred said:
Yes. Kirby, DK, and SPM are all moved.

Good to finally have some official confirmation of this. SPM should make a good top-tier title, and the other two looked like they could be fun - though how much they'll change in the transition is up in the air.

Though Dead Rising is doing (relatively) well in NA, its sales are going to be non-existent in EU and JP.

Japan, certainly, but I believe DR is the fastest-selling 360 title in Europe - though that doesn't necessarily mean fantastic total sales, it does suggest that it could end up performing pretty well here as well.

The biggest surprise here to me is that Capcom's one game is from an M-rated series.

Not really - the RE series seemed to perform pretty well on the 'Cube (and RE4 likely would have done better if they hadn't holed it below the waterline by announcing a PS2 port pre-launch...) and I wouldn't be surprised if they were Capcom's biggest seller on the platform. An RE game - apparently based around an existing engine that should port across nicely - isn't too unexpected.

I'll be interested to see what more they bring to the console. I'd say Viewtiful Joe, MegaMan and Phoenix Wright are all likely, though if the system takes off I'd hope for at least one new IP. Other than that, I'm not expecting much from Capcom.

Cosmonaut X said:
Good to finally have some official confirmation of this. SPM should make a good top-tier title, and the other two looked like they could be fun - though how much they'll change in the transition is up in the air.

Japan, certainly, but I believe DR is the fastest-selling 360 title in Europe - though that doesn't necessarily mean fantastic total sales, it does suggest that it could end up performing pretty well here as well.

Not really - the RE series seemed to perform pretty well on the 'Cube (and RE4 likely would have done better if they hadn't holed it below the waterline by announcing a PS2 port pre-launch...) and I wouldn't be surprised if they were Capcom's biggest seller on the platform. An RE game - apparently based around an existing engine that should port across nicely - isn't too unexpected.

I'll be interested to see what more they bring to the console. I'd say Viewtiful Joe, MegaMan and Phoenix Wright are all likely, though if the system takes off I'd hope for at least one new IP. Other than that, I'm not expecting much from Capcom.

I think, Viewtiful Joe, is one thing that really should be on the Wii.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
could the wand act like a lightgun if you calibrated it? assuming you won't have to "aim" with some stupid cursor, ghost squad or vc3 would kind of tempt me to buy a wii. oh, there would need to be a gun-shaped wand receptacle as well.

GDGF

Soothsayer
drohne said:
could the wand act like a lightgun if you calibrated it? assuming you won't have to "aim" with some stupid cursor, ghost squad or vc3 would kind of tempt me to buy a wii. oh, there would need to be a gun-shaped wand receptacle as well.

Yes, and yes.

Yes the wand acts like a lightgun with calibration, and yes, there already is a gun-shaped wand receptacle.

(both known since E3, BTW :))

beanoboy7

VIRTUA COP 3
543_2.jpg

Top Bottom