• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funniest characters in video games

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
2145259-javikgtddv.png

dock

Most american games that people recommend for their comedy fall completely flat for me. :( In fact, I sometimes avoid recommended games if their recommendation is largely based upon how funny it is.

I enjoyed Portal 1's humour enough, and completed it the week it came out. Shortly after the 'cake is a lie' fandom garbage made me never want to play another minute of Portal.

American game humour always seems to be entirely in the writing and script delivery, rather than anything within the gameplay.

I love the humour in plenty of Japanese games though.

I feel pretty bad about this.

EvilPengy

Banned
TF2 characters are pretty funny and well represented in Valves SFM short films they do when ever they release new updates.

Claptrap was funny for 10 minutes and became this annoying side character that did nothing but delay the
story further for no real reason (bumping into shit when hes supposed to be opening a gate)

In fact the whole cast (except Dr Zed and the main 4) are either annoying, stereotypes or spout the same god awful shitty memes every 2 minutes

Herne

Everyone from Giants - Citizen Kabuto -

giantsbeta002.jpg

The Meccaryns, Baz, Tel, Reg, Gordon and Bennett.

1382798-giants_2010_05_24_20_10_25_74.jpg

0.jpg

Timmy, his parents, his grandfather Borjoyzee (and Borjoyzee's friend, Yan). Check out this great scene for an example of the humour in this weird, wonderful game.

lechuck3.jpg

Someone has already said Guybrush and Murray, so I'll add Le Chuck.

Burn down every island in the Caribbean if you have to, but bring me my bride!... and more slaw! Curse the villains, they never give you enough slaw with these value meals.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yusef from The Ballard of Gay Tony
Guybrush Threepwood from MI
Cave Johnson from Portal 2
Sam and Max
... And, as the OP correctly stated, HK47.

TUROK

This motherfucker right here.

Passos.png

Max: "What am I, the button pusher?"

Raul: "Yeah, you're so good at it."

*Max pushes another button*

Raul: "Good job."

Most american games that people recommend for their comedy fall completely flat for me. :( In fact, I sometimes avoid recommended games if their recommendation is largely based upon how funny it is.

I enjoyed Portal 1's humour enough, and completed it the week it came out. Shortly after the 'cake is a lie' fandom garbage made me never want to play another minute of Portal.

American game humour always seems to be entirely in the writing and script delivery, rather than anything within the gameplay.

I love the humour in plenty of Japanese games though.

I feel pretty bad about this.

Weird, didn't know there was a region lock to a good sense of humour.

Ishida

Banned
The Bonnes.

The-Bonnes.jpg

Everything about them is hilarious. They try hard to be bad, but they are incredibly funny.

Teisel: "Take everything that isn't nailed to the ground!"

Servbot: "What about the toilet paper..?"

Teisel: "We may be pirates, but are not barbarians! We'll let them keep the toilet paper..."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
HE'S IN MASS EFFECT 3?!
Is this from the Citadel DLC? Cuz that'd be the only reason I'd ever bother getting ME3 on Steam =_=

If all you care about is Blasto, save yourself money and time(cause the game will never release on Steam) and watch this video instead, it's the only time you see Blasto :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7aMcqbPdq0

Bonus funny, Pizza Delivery guy in ME3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqAOiE6dBwU
Extra bonus funny, Shepard himself and "I should go"(spoilers for Citadel DLC) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZG_NbY5OY
Last one : Joker's crazy tale : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Io-iaLlio

Basically, the whole cast in the Citadel DLC is funny.

ghosttrickdog-e1296225333622.png

Such a dummy.

Capcom's always good with their lovable idiot characters, like the Judge that people have already stated, and of course Gumshoe.

This motherfucker right here.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120725060707/maxpayne/images/1/19/Passos.png[/IM]

Max: "What am I, the button pusher?"

Raul: "Yeah, you're so good at it."

*Max pushes another button*

Raul: "Good job."[/QUOTE]Played it yesterday, both him and Max got some quick subtle lines.

"He just lost 3 million dollars and his wife. He should soon be giving us a raise."

tw1164

Oh, Mr. Torgue is hilarious too, in both the Torgue and Dragon Keep DLCs. He never fails to crack me up, and the Fake Geek Guy gag in Tiny Tina's DLc was brilliant.

I would have to agree, my favorite mission of his is the Matter Of Taste mission. I've played it a couple times and the dialog still has me laughing every time.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
forgot

KOTOR's main character played giving the most asshole answers to everyone. I laughed my arse off a thousand times. Too bad I cannot find a Carth Onassi dialogue exchange

kotor2.jpg

Mupod

Your player character in Fallout 2 when playing with low INT is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a video game.

I love Jan Jansen in Baldur's Gate 2 as well, his quotes are funny on their own but way better in the context of the game. There will be super-serious moments and then suddenly this gnome interjects with a wall of text about turnips.

General Serrano - Bulletstorm

Some pretty good choices so far, but this guy is often overlooked and is fucking hilarious. He's an asshole, but a funny asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rx2QkVobM4#t=19s

GlaDOS and Wheatley from the Portal series really made me laugh. Right now, I'm getting quite a kick out of the cast of The Wonderful 101!

tookhster

Jansen. Hilarious and half of
one of the most beautiful love stories in videogames.

Seriously this guy. Hands down the funniest JRPG character of all time IMO. He kept me playing that game just because I wanted to see what he would say next. If you haven't played this game yet, do so or at least Youtube Jansen's lines.

Top Bottom