• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Was dicking around with a tablet (that's being sent back for being not-so-good), and decided to draw a Charizard from memory, in my style. It's pretty bad, but I kinda like it anyway.

ibopfXRCkdG4TM.jpg

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So Sydney and I went to a furmeet tonight

I don't think we're gonna be going to furmeets any more

Hop

lol. How was it?

We were the normal ones there. And when I'm going around in bunnyhat and he's got on cat ears and a skirt, that's definitely a low level to uphold.

There was apparently lots of drama around the others already there that I totally missed and was from the sounds of it remarkably juvenile. Which, is kinda par for the course with that meetup.

There was a baby. There was copious swearing by the person holding the baby. Nobody else seemed to think this might be ill-advised. They put fox ears on the baby. Nobody else seemed to think this might be ill-advised.

There was a guy there. First thing he said to me was "oh, you're a bunny". Second thing he said was "do you fit all the stereotypes?"

Protip: don't ask a girl if she fucks everything that moves within minutes of meeting her
Protip 2x: especially when her boyfriend is right fucking there

Hop

Do you like carrots?

*eyebrow waggle*

I will throw you into the mass of suited wannabe businesspeople that also happened to be at the mall tonight

Seriously, like a hundred fucking people, riding the train was like NYC subway levels of packed

We were the normal ones there. And when I'm going around in bunnyhat and he's got on cat ears and a skirt, that's definitely a low level to uphold.

My god. This meet would have been beautifully disastrous to behold with my own eyes, in a manner similar to watching the ending to Beyond unfold.

Chuck

Still without luck
Mega pokemon are so stupid and having 2 different ones is even stupider. I really hope it's just this version and they're gone in the next game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mega pokemon are so stupid and having 2 different ones is even stupider. I really hope it's just this version and they're gone in the next game.

someone is mad

also I doubt that - what with being ingrained in the system as well as having their own art

So I started a Spotify playlist the other day *cough*four months ago*ahem* and intended to fill it with animal-related songs, or at least songs that draw cool human-animal connections in some way. Then I realized that I don't know too many songs like that, surprisingly enough. Anyone have any input? Here's what I've got so far.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It'd be one thing if it were about suiters in gaming, of which Mario is king, but then it goes and mixes in anthro characters and really loses its focus. If you're putting Dust in the list, then why the hell does Hitman get a spot?

"Why aren't they fucking" angle put aside, of course.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I knew that video would be that one :p

Dust has good gameplay but man the character art style is horrid. DeviantArt furry art indeed.

This is a wrong and bad opinion.

Incorrect, Chuck. There were many instances (such as the animated cutscenes) where I found the faces of whoever was talking to be really weird (Usually as a result of eye shape and face orientation). In addition, almost every character save a few had a rather garish neon color scheme.

Grakl

the only half-decent character design in Dust is the main character. Everything else is terrible, and the voice-acting is shit-tier too.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My Dust art direction opinion (with all due respect to it being made by one person, a hell of a workload):

- Backgrounds are very well painted, professional and clever use of assets to avoid repetition.

- Dust himself is a pretty good design and works with the art style, but I didn't care for his color scheme. I think it makes him fail to pop out from the general color scheme of the game.

- Fidget is an OK design but fairy sprites gonna fairy sprite - many will be turned off.

- Many of the enemies and monsters have interesting, non-standard designs. More work appears to have gone into them.

- The NPC designs, both townsfolk and story characters, seem to suffer from the legacy of mid- 90s anthro animal comic and PC game art. Jazz Jackrabbit stuff. The style became the basis of a ton of furry fandom art, in the same way Sonic comics became the stock standard art style for Sonic fandom.

The affected characters are as well drawn in the style, but it's not a very appealing style for many/most. It doesn't help the game in general as it evokes mainstream stereotypes of "furry internet art".

Top Bottom