• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

My new avatar is the shizzle. I also like its full art.

Also considering using this too

lazarusjzlui.png

The hazards of not varying lineweights.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I haven't seen a San Renard thing in years.

Koppai

3 weeks since I lost my job. Sitting at the doctor office applying for eligibility in the Ryan White program. X.x

Hope I find a job soon so im not just a burden on society. Still waiting for unemployment to kick in but it takes a while.

D-Pad

That dragon's bladegun is awesome.

3 weeks since I lost my job. Sitting at the doctor office applying for eligibility in the Ryan White program. X.x

Hope I find a job soon so im not just a burden on society. Still waiting for unemployment to kick in but it takes a while.

I'm rootin' for ya~

I totally missed that rruffurr online #2 came out already, you can read the digital comic anthology online: http://rruffurronline.com/w2014.html

As usual, David Carlyle's simple linework but down-to-earth stories makes an appearance:

gcoSLyp.png

I also like the comic by Mandi Tremblay:

wBJ3qSb.png

Megahertz, which started in issue 1, continues:

eHRZWet.png

Kris Jacque and Michael Arthur have another one too, I really dig the artstyle:

nBCXX01.png

D-Pad

Was rewatching FMA:Brotherhood and it's been a while and I almost forgot how cute beast form Heinkel was.

qQbkKJll.jpg

UoHQnGk.jpg

27uu4Dql.jpg

There's apparently a werewolf in the recent movie but I don't like the art style enough to care.

Edit- Darius is cute too actually, in both human and chimera form. Too bad about the rest though. Boars and frogs aren't high-enough on my F-list to matter, tbh. The was Greed's dog-man but he never transformed. The bull-man was cool I guess.

/me is busy trying to improve his drawing skills.

I think I have the most trouble with feet. They are pretty hard to get right, especially of you're planning to draw digitgrade feet.

I've been working on my fursona for some time, and there are so many sheets of A4 paper used up for drafts, sketches, and drawings at this point that I've probably lost count. I actually liked the conceptualization part, to be honest. It's kind of... fun.

I probably should practice more, especially with regard to proportions and things like that. I think my drawing skills are awful.

Do you guys mind if I linked to my stuff here?

I don't think anyone would mind. I've posted my own stuff in here before. Which is only reminding me of how little I've drawn this year, damn.

Not at all, would be fun to see other FurryGAF artist's work, I've seen stuff from d-pad(TSBellatre), who I do think is quite good and like his stuff. But always open to looking into other artist from here.

As for me yeah I've been trying to teach myself to draw anthros to draw my fursona. It's coming along good, in that I have a decent amount of things pinned down in terms of conceptualization(fur colors(needs to play around within those colors to find the right shades), fur patterns, hair, and tail), still needs a good amount of work, since I'm still having trouble drawing certain parts of it, I'm working on heads right now, and kinda driving me a bit crazy in how to draw them and not look weird. Though I think I'm getting the hang of it, just need a bit more practice.

Sometimes, I think I'm going to regret posting this link here, but I have been working on this... character for a while. I sometimes feel pretty bad about it, and I'm thinking of going to also draw the front view. Right now it only has a head for now, since I still need to do more work on anatomy in general.

Here's the linky to a later sketch. (it looks kinda generic to be honest.)

Refyref

This picture is pretty great.

Sometimes, I think I'm going to regret posting this link here, but I have been working on this... character for a while. I sometimes feel pretty bad about it, and I'm thinking of going to also draw the front view. Right now it only has a head for now, since I still need to do more work on anatomy in general.

A bit basic, yes, but that's not a bad sketch. Much better than anything I could do, at least.

It's a good start. It seems you knew what you wanted, so you drew it. My only suggestion would be, start learning how to construct drawings out of base primitives. It'll go a long way towards adding three-dimensionality to your drawings, and helping you build a firm foundation for the eventual shape. It'll also help alleviate the "template" look.

Top Bottom