• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE delayed [Up: Confirmed - Releasing April-June 2013]

reminder

I wish this game never existed.

Sorry, IG. I love the Ratchet & Clank series, but this really looks so bland, generic and... boring? Such a change compared to R&C :(

I just want a worthy AciT sequel.

I completely agree.

I don't have anything against them being independent, but that their first multiplatform game is just a generic shooter like this is sad to see as a longtime Insomniac Games fan.

Man..what's up with some of you guys? wish it didn't exist? damn. I get it. They messed up on the overall visual style and so on. But it could very well be a solid and fun game.

I swear gamers hate on things way too much. Let's hope they take the extra time to make it an even better title as THAT would actually benefit us

Agreed. First they complain that there aren't enough new IPs. A new IP comes out, "drep drep so generic drep drep"

IG has had a great track record of game, regardless of their sales.

Give them some credit.

krae_man

Can you tell us if the game's been delayed? I am still interested in it.

Wait for an official press release. He won't say anything before that. He was probably commenting on all the "lol this game is going to suck anyway" joke posts in the thread anyway, not the acuracy of the thread title.

Carl

Agreed. First they complain that there aren't enough new IPs. A new IP comes out, "drep drep so generic drep drep"

Give them some credit.

People want good new IPs, not shitty generic ones that are exactly the same as everything else out there in everything but name.

They've released 3 exclusive games for Sony since announcing they're going third party and Sony never owned them anyway. They still have a good relationship.

Pity two of them were crap :(

Card Boy

Banned
Generic and souless is how i would describe this game. Who asked for this game? Who even thought it was a good idea? What sets this apart from the hundreds of other shooters on the market? Who even cares outside 8Byte?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Give them some credit.

So we're just not allowed to say a new IP looks generic, regardless of whether or not it looks generic?

What do you want from us?

velociraptor

I like Insomniac. I really do.

I will never forget the memories of completing Sypro 1, 2 and 3 (which was incredible).

Then we had the Ratchet and Clank series on the PS2. I owned all of them except the first, and I loved them to bits.

Resistance wasn't bad, though I don't think it would be wise to release R4. They should can the series.

FUSE however looks so disappointing. There is nothing which sets it apart from other shooters. I feel they made an awful decision by changing the art style.

But I fear for their future. I feel the industry has changed so much. No one buys games such as 'Fuse' anymore. It's either FIFA/Madden/Call Of Duty/Battlefield/Halo/Gears and that is pretty much it.

Omikaru

Not gonna post a snarky remark because this game bombing (whether that's in March or whenever its new release date is) will be bad news for Insomniac (and its staff), and that's a bad thing no matter what you think of the game.

To be positive about this: I hope that however long this game is delayed for, the extra time it's getting can go towards it looking less bland. I fear it's past that point now, but hey, one can dream.

Probably amazed so many Gaffers are lining up to shit all over Insomniac, despite their great track record, when they haven't done much wrong.

Which is a shame, but not unexpected, sadly.

Only big thing they did was go generic and focus groups.

I would bet that if they kept the E3 trailer style and the gameplay they have now.
Everybody would be pissed off it got delayed because that style made the game not look like a run of the mill game.

Probably amazed so many Gaffers are lining up to shit all over Insomniac, despite their great track record, when they haven't done much wrong.

Which is a shame, but not unexpected, sadly.
Well they showed a game which had a cartoon-like style with camp humour. After a long absence, show the game again but take away both those aspects and leave what looks to be a generic shooter. They deserve all the shit they get. It is sad because Insomniac have made good games but like with Resistance 2, they listened to the wrong crowd.

I've got to say, the wave of negativity about this game seems suspiciously strong to me.

Do I think FUSE looks great? No, not really.

But I also don't think it looks bad, so the overwhelming negativity just comes off as rather odd. Is this what happens when a developer that was once exclusive decides to go multiplatform?

inky

Give them some credit.

Not every new IP gets focus tested to death and comes out unrecognizable and lacking character from that to the point in which it just resembles every other boring shooter out there. They don't seem to be giving us any credit as people who liked their previous games when changing & marketing this and other recent games (hello Outernauts), so why should we?

It has nothing to do with our perception of their sales (no one wants a CoD out of them), but in fact is looks as if they are the ones desperate for some.

Herp derp.

Give them some credit.

I feel like, as a human being capable of rational and nuanced thought, I can hope for one thing and be disappointed by factors or quality of it.

I like ice cream! I do not like all ice cream. When I hope for ice cream, I hope for kinds of ice cream I like.

I enjoy time with friends. I would not enjoy time with friends where we are being mugged. This does not mean I do not enjoy any time with friends.

If you want to boil down "new IPs are good" so that literally any new IP, regardless of any other descriptor, must be accepted without question lest everyone be labeled a hypocrite, that's your prerogative. But keep that grade-school logic at the kid's table, okay?

Carl

But I also don't think it looks bad, so the overwhelming negativity just comes off as rather odd. Is this what happens when a developer that was once exclusive decides to go multiplatform?

No, it's what happens when a developer changes a game from "Wow that looks pretty good" to "ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Li Kao

I've got to say, the wave of negativity about this game seems suspiciously strong to me.

So you are saying that all the 70 or so negative posters are mega Sony fanboys ? Uh, yeah...

8byte

Banned
Man..what's up with some of you guys? wish it didn't exist? damn. I get it. They messed up on the overall visual style and so on. But it could very well be a solid and fun game.

I swear gamers hate on things way too much. Let's hope they take the extra time to make it an even better title as THAT would actually benefit us

It's not that they hate on things, it's that their just jerks, plain and simple, lol. Gamers, by far, make up the worst communities. NeoGAF is among the "best" but you have to sift through pages of adolescent trash.

I played the game, it was really enjoyable, and the busiest game at EA's New Years Eve press event.

Edit: What's most interesting is that it is the exact same people time after time in these threads. You'd think if they weren't interested and hated it that much they'd just shut the hell up and go play something or post in a thread for a game they actually "cared" about. Nope.

Toppot

Only big thing they did was go generic and focus groups.

I would bet that if they kept the E3 trailer style and the gameplay they have now.
Everybody would be pissed off it got delayed because that style made the game not look like a run of the mill game.

It may look more generic than thier R&C look, or look of the first teaser, but the gunplay looks to be very un-generic. Focus groups are always a part of big budget game development, focus groups are designed to get a wide spread thought on a target group. Gaf is a very small community really and not the target audience (though there is obviously overlap)

I love the original art style to, but thats never going to happen now and Gaf needs to get over that and focus on the fact that Insomniac actually tend to make really fun games and that Fuse will probably be great to play, and graphics or style aren't everything.

Well they showed a game which had a cartoon-like style with camp humour. After a long absence, show the game again but take away both those aspects and leave what looks to be a generic shooter. They deserve all the shit they get. It is sad because Insomniac have made good games but like with Resistance 2, they listened to the wrong crowd.

It will be interesting to see if people change there tune when they get to play it.

I don't think they deserve the shit they are getting, they have made mistakes sure but nothing has been a failure.

What crowd exactly do you think they were listening to for R2? It has its flaws, but I think that comes down to over ambious development, the co-op in that game was some of the best I've ever played, and the same guy behind it is working on Fuse. Given it's a co-op game I have high hopes for Fuse being a blast to play.

Adam Blue

The reaction here is depressing. I mean, I for one haven't played it, but the previews look fun. The FUSE ability could be fun, and the fact that it is almost class-based with skills for each character and weapon upgrades. Plus the gibbing looked tasty.

Have most of us played a demo or beta or something?

Corto

March was an insane month to launch. And I would indeed mind if it got cancelled. Hope it's for the best of the game.

kuYuri

A delay to give the game more time to cook or to move it away from other high profile releases can only be a good thing.

Cover wasn't orange enough

Guevara
(Today, 10:20 PM)
lBZanGAcpdCMnN3KKkhTsbX8VXN7nrnq0R_gOriG13q2wIoZLSgCqF2g69WSAkutC6Z0SA=s85

i dont mind about FUSE, i dont plan on buying it.
it surprises that it gets delayed so near its original release date (if it was march)

maxiell

From what I have seen the game looks really fun, but the title and marketing are a disaster. I think this probably indicates they're going to repackage it somehow.

hamchan

It's what happens when a developer compromises their vision for a game and turns it into a generic looking shooter.

Kifimbo

No, it's the perfect storm. End of a generation, people (here at least) sick and tired of military shooters and a beloved studio perceived as selling its soul (even if that's not true) to chase the same market so many others failed to capture. The "selling their soul" part is a reference to the sudden visual change.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
needs more dildos. dildos would have been perfectly ok if it retained the old style.

Top Bottom