• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE delayed [Up: Confirmed - Releasing April-June 2013]

Liamario

Banned
I wish insomniac all the luck in the world. Ratchet and Clank is a great series and resistance 3 didn't get a fraction of the success it deserved.
That said, this title is doing absolutely nothing for me. It's unlikely to do very well for reasons already mentioned. Delay that game for the next gen. People are fatigued on the current gen and will be more accepting of a new IP on a new console with a small library of titles.

Maybe you should port it to the WiiU?

Nert

Wow,.. I hope for Gaf this game doesn't get great reviews. There won't be enough crows :p.

Not to make any specific judgement against Fuse (what do I know, it's not out yet), but there are plenty of games that get great reviews that I still don't give a shit about. Hooray for different people having their own personal tastes!

lol holy shit invisible walls on Gametrailers totally called this. they knew EA had to move something around because they couldn't have so many co-op third person shooters in the same time frame (ie. Dead Space 3, Army of Two, Fuse).

Corto

Not to make any specific judgement against Fuse (what do I know, it's not out yet), but there are plenty of games that get great reviews that I still don't give a shit about. Hooray for different people having their own personal tastes!

You're absolutely correct Nert. But following these FUSE threads as I have, and having even voiced my own problems with some choices that Insomniac did, it still shocks me a bit the kind of vitriol toward Insomniac that some show. It goes beyond wishing the game fails a metascore.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
humbleshoot2dwj94.jpg

True. But people are saying ridiculous things about a game they haven't played yet.
I have certainly had my doubts, and still do, about some of the choices insomniac has made. But some of the stuff i'm reading here is with soo much certainty that the game will be horrible that it's painfull to read.
The game could review amazingly well and I could still not like it. It could review terribly and I could love it.

There's no direct line from Metacritic to my head.
No, it's not that great scores will make them instantly want the game. But after reviews there will be much more known about the games' true quality.
Some statements are truelly a bit premature and way to bold.

But keep that grade-school logic at the kid's table, okay?

Therefore, I post on Gaf.

I never said new IP's are good, neither did I imply that. People constantly complain about publishers pushing out different iterations of the same IP year after year. Here is a long standing developer, who has made great games in the past, going mutli-plat for the first time (which is big enough risk alone these days).

From the previews I've read about it, they say it's fun, good enough for me.

Plus, people have established generic always = BAD.

Next time you want to try to sound like a smart a**, try doing with some class and a little creativity wouldn't hurt.

Merciless, some of ye.

Poor Insomiac, tis a shame. They've failed to show me why I should care, but maybe when Giantbomb do a QL I'll grow to understand.

Although at this stage in the cycle it would have to be pretty special to get me interested in a third person shooter.

It's where games without any marketing or hype, regardless of quality, go to die.

See: Spec Ops: The Line.

See thats something I don't understand. This notion that if a game comes out in the summer months, its not worth caring about. As far as I'm concerned a lot of people missed out on an amazing game like Spec ops.

Therefore, I post on Gaf.

I never said new IP's are good, neither did I imply that. People constantly complain about publishers pushing out different iterations of the same IP year after year. Here is a long standing developer, who has made great games in the past, going mutli-plat for the first time (which is big enough risk alone these days).

From the previews I've read about it, they say it's fun, good enough for me.

Plus, people have established generic always = BAD.

Next time you want to try to sound like a smart a**, try doing with some class and a little creativity wouldn't hurt.

So did you not actually mean what you wrote or are you backpedaling so furiously that we should expect to see you in an Oprah interview soon?

Agreed. First they complain that there aren't enough new IPs. A new IP comes out, "drep drep so generic drep drep"

IG has had a great track record of game, regardless of their sales.

Give them some credit.

You're telling -people to act counter to their tastes because it's a new IP. If that's not what you meant, then you have serious problems expressing yourself.

So did you not actually mean what you wrote or are you backpedaling so furiously that we should expect to see you in an Oprah interview soon?

You're telling -people to act counter to their tastes because it's a new IP. If that's not what you meant, then you have serious problems expressing yourself.

Don't seem to be backpedaling anywhere. And wouldn't mind being on Oprah, people make a lot money getting on that show.

mephixto

Banned
This thread amazes me

Yeah the post could be a little extreme, but please don't ignore them if so many people is pointing the same thing about your game is because there is some truth.

An early beta or demo could show them that they are wrong and the game is good.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it got canceled.

I wish this game never existed.

Sorry, IG. I love the Ratchet & Clank series, but this really looks so bland, generic and... boring? Such a change compared to R&C :(

I just want a worthy AciT sequel.

Best for both parties if it got cancelled instead.

I completely agree.

I don't have anything against them being independent, but that their first multiplatform game is just a generic shooter like this is sad to see as a longtime Insomniac Games fan.

What the hell.....

Is it that hard not to buy a game?

Loudninja

Yeah the post could be a little extreme, but please don't ignore them if so many people is pointing the same thing about your game is because there is some truth.

An early beta or demo could show them that they are wrong and the game is good.
Nobody played anything.

DaBuddaDa

As expected. I predicted a while ago that this was not going to come out in the same three week period as Gears of War Judgement and Army of Two: 3 as initially planned.

Now they have GTA V and The Last of Us to dance around.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
As expected. I predicted a while ago that this was not going to come out in the same three week period as Gears of War Judgement and Army of Two: 3 as initially planned.
Oh great one, when will 720 and PS4 be announced? Also when can we expect Agent and The Last Guardian?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
More polish in this case. We had a solid good game at the end of last year and we got a ton of feedback over the break we are making some great polish changes to the game. It's incredible having the extra time right now to make the game even better

Top Bottom