• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future putting out a Metal Gear Anthology book (148pgs - HC limited to 1000 copies)

Sol1dus

"The ruse cruise: How MGS's marketing destroyed everyone's sense of reality"

Can anybody read that part of it and tell us what it says?
In the back of my head I want it to confirm all the crazy stuff happening at Konami is just part of a marketing ploy.

I (apparently) have a hard back on the way but had a quick flick through the paperback version in my local WH Smith when I was out and about this morning.

Looks like it will be a decent read, it did look like a glorified magazine special issue but seemed to have a decent amount of written content and wasn't padded out with bare picture pages or other wasted space.

I was also interested to note a contributor credit for George Weidman of Youtube Super Bunnyhop fame, which is a good thing imo as I am a big fan of his 'Critical Close Up' videos on the series.

Looking forward to my copy arriving.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised to see George contributed to the mag. It's definitely got substance (lol) to it, even though it looks like some magazine special at first glance.

Plenty of Shinkawa art as well as the juicy written content. Definitely a bookazine with the fans in mind.

"The ruse cruise: How MGS's marketing destroyed everyone's sense of reality"

Can anybody read that part of it and tell us what it says?
In the back of my head I want it to confirm all the crazy stuff happening at Konami is just part of a marketing ploy.

Haven't read it yet, but my guess is that's it a reference to MGS2's 2nd act twist and how the marketing was all Snake focused.

realcZk

I wonder if mine will arrive before MGSV... haven't received any email notifications like someone posted earlier since the ordering confirmation.

Hendrixx

Neo Member
I'm about 100 pages in and, while it's a great set up for a lapsed fan like myself, the editing in the paperback seems pretty dire.

I'm talking paragraphs cut off, repeated copy, placeholder captions, numerous typos. Feels pretty rushed...

aradikus

Has anyone got theirs yet? Been a week since it was supposed to dispatch.
I've seen people on Twitter and I think in another thread on GAF post photos of theirs (hard cover), but like you I haven't received mine yet. Like you said it's been a week since dispatch and they don't offer tracking numbers. On the site I ordered from in pretty sure they said allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.

I'm too excited, I need this book so I can have something safe to read, too much risk of spoiling the story online!

realcZk

I've seen people on Twitter and I think in another thread on GAF post photos of theirs (hard cover), but like you I haven't received mine yet. Like you said it's been a week since dispatch and they don't offer tracking numbers. On the site I ordered from in pretty sure they said allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.

I'm too excited, I need this book so I can have something safe to read, too much risk of spoiling the story online!

Gotcha, it is coming from the UK so I expected it to take a week+. Hopefully it arrives soon, no tracking number on mine either. I ordered directly from myfavoritemagazines.

aradikus

Gotcha, it is coming from the UK so I expected it to take a week+. Hopefully it arrives soon, no tracking number on mine either. I ordered directly from myfavoritemagazines.

I ordered from the same place, now that I think about it wasn't it ONLY available there as an exclusive? It's a shame tracking isn't available, I tend to obsess over things getting delivered to me, particularly when it's MGS related. I'm in California, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer! If I get mine first I'll post a photo and answer any questions you have :)

Edit: I checked my browser history and found out where I saw the photos of the Hard Cover Book earlier. Check page 7 of the NeoGAF August 2015 Pick-Up Post!!

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175800213

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175933635

realcZk

I ordered from the same place, now that I think about it wasn't it ONLY available there as an exclusive? It's a shame tracking isn't available, I tend to obsess over things getting delivered to me, particularly when it's MGS related. I'm in California, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer! If I get mine first I'll post a photo and answer any questions you have :)

Edit: I checked my browser history and found out where I saw the photos of the Hard Cover Book earlier. Check page 7 of the NeoGAF August 2015 Pick-Up Post!!

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175800213

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175933635

Nice! Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can order it from online. Maybe he lives in the UK so he got it faster. You can purchase the paperback versions in stores but they aren't around in any close to me.

realcZk

I really hate to bump this again but has anyone in the US received their order yet? Mine was dispatched almost two weeks ago, I may shoot them an email soon and see what's up.

realcZk

Still waiting for mine too, I'm in Atlanta. Hoping it's not lost...the address formatting looks a little funny, but the info is there.

Mine looked the same way on their email (backwards), but on the shipping label it was actually in the correct format. I live in central US so I would think yours should be pretty close, if it dispatched on 8/13 like mine did!

Mine looked the same way on their email (backwards), but on the shipping label it was actually in the correct format. I live in central US so I would think yours should be pretty close, if it dispatched on 8/13 like mine did!

Good to hear! I just checked, I got the dispatch email back on 8/14 so it should be close like you said.

aradikus

I'm in California, kind of bummed I still haven't received mine yet. I'm happy for and jealous of you guys who have yours already :)

Every day I say, "It HAS TO get here today" but it doesn't. It's hard to believe it would take a full two weeks to ship a book from UK to California. Oh well.

eYIxOPK.png

ly8uzdV.png

Got mine its awesome

Portman

I gave in and ordered a copy. I had seen the thread a few weeks ago and resisted it then but now that the hype is at a peak I gave in. I won't get it in time to read before the game but hopefully it will show up around the same time as the rest of the OSTs I ordered so I'll be able to listen to them and read this.

Shauni

I went ahead and ordered a copy, too. Figured I might as well, good thing it seems for a retrospective on the series as whole.

PSOreo

Ordered mine yesterday, hoping the hardback looks decent in person. Looking forward to reading the reviews and retrospects again.

BreakingBrad

Neo Member
Still waiting on my copy. I am assuming that shipping from the UK to Utah will take longer than the estimate they provided in the confirmation email.

Portman

Hmm got shipping confirmation last night and my address was all jumbled up. I'm thinking others mentioned that in the thread and they ended up getting them okay. Might just be the way their website displays international addresses too (USA here) but I'm worried about it having trouble getting to me now.

Top Bottom