• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E. 4.0 - Chiptunes/Retro SEXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

pirahna1 said:
Is there even a difference between the microK and the XL? Looks like it's just cosmetic changes. Or did they add effects? I'm lost.
usb port to work software with computer is the notable feature i saw. so you can edit effects more easily.

btkadams

why is soundcloud sucking so bad lately, did they not expect us all to use it so heavily?

and smoke, i made that song in about 15 minutes while taking a break from my assignment lol i used the macbook internal microphone so i couldnt really stop the air puffs and shit.

song #3 is eluding me, i think i'm going to stop at 2 submissions and just tweak what i have.

anyone else with tracks they are happy with please feel free to share them as WAV or AIFF files so i can run some tests on mastering with Soundtrack Pro

pirahna1

Question related to 3.1. When will it be released or has it been already? I've been waiting for a bump from the old thread, but haven't noticed if a new thread popped up with the release material in it. I would have bumped that thread with this question but didn't want to get everyone's hopes up! :lol

pirahna1

LiveFromKyoto said:
Oh man, yeah - Let's get back on that. I still haven't totally finished my track for 3.1, but I'll have time next week.

Umm, wasn't the deadline weeks ago? I was just waiting for it to be mastered and released. I figured 3.1 was done, 3.2 was dead, and everyone moved onto 4.0 by now.

btkadams

pirahna1 said:
Umm, wasn't the deadline weeks ago? I was just waiting for it to be mastered and released. I figured 3.1 was done, 3.2 was dead, and everyone moved onto 4.0 by now.
lol thats what i thought too

btkadams

i love using my mK as a midi controller! it's so much better to use an actual keyboard rather than the qwerty one lol. makes everything sound a lot more real, especially since it measures pressure of notes.

does it also output the arpeggiated notes?

i saw one of these on sale at guitar center for $300 and i have a $50 gift card...might just pick this up instead of the mK XL...i'm a sucker for the retro look

btkadams

monchi-kun said:
does it also output the arpeggiated notes?

i saw one of these on sale at guitar center for $300 and i have a $50 gift card...might just pick this up instead of the mK XL...i'm a sucker for the retro look
i have not tried that. i dont think so though. but ill try right now. can the new one do that?

EDIT: negative, it does not do that.

lil smoke

Banned
Damn, this thread was on page 16! Lets get this poppin again.

Is the deadline confirmed Jan 20th? I have to move soon, so it might slow me down but I think I can be done by then. I'm not using that shit song I put on Soundcloud. Maybe the 2nd one, but now I can't even listen to the 1st one. I have a 3rd that is sounding kinda nice too.

btkadams

lil smoke said:
Damn, this thread was on page 16! Lets get this poppin again.

Is the deadline confirmed Jan 20th? I have to move soon, so it might slow me down but I think I can be done by then. I'm not using that shit song I put on Soundcloud. Maybe the 2nd one, but now I can't even listen to the 1st one. I have a 3rd that is sounding kinda nice too.
yeah i think its still jan 20th. im fine with that but we can push it back further if anyone needs to. id love to really rework my entries and i've just been so busy lately with school but i shall have more time in the new year. plus i've been really busy in the anal sex thread too ;)

lil smoke

Banned
btkadams said:
yeah i think its still jan 20th. im fine with that but we can push it back further if anyone needs to. id love to really rework my entries and i've just been so busy lately with school but i shall have more time in the new year. plus i've been really busy in the anal sex thread too ;)
:lol I see that!

Nah I don't wanna push it up, thats too much time to fuck things up. Deadlines are gud. I need to be able to consider things...done.

Dartastic

I think I'm starting to get the hang of Reason. :D This is really rough, and it's got a long way to go but I'm enjoying myself. If it's not too late, I'd like to get in on this. :D

http://soundcloud.com/dartastic/this-shit-be-rough-game-4-0

I am still having a slight problem, however. Whenever I go to File > Export song as Audio Loop, it automatically includes my rack's presets, yet all I want to export are the tracks that I've already put down on the bottom. Does anyone know how to disable this?

ok kids, we're a little over a month away from final sub, get thems tracks in. :D

i'm going to assume some holiday downtime so maybe its actually less than a month before final sub. if anyone's submitted tracks are final please upload an AIFF or WAV file on your soundcloud account and PM me so i can start messing around with mastering on Soundtrack Pro

btkadams

monchi-kun said:
ok kids, we're a little over a month away from final sub, get thems tracks in. :D

i'm going to assume some holiday downtime so maybe its actually less than a month before final sub. if anyone's submitted tracks are final please upload an AIFF or WAV file on your soundcloud account and PM me so i can start messing around with mastering on Soundtrack Pro
none of mine are finalized yet, but i have 2 that are near completion.

Working on it!

Having these people over to install my new kitchen isn't speeding up the proces though......
But i'm defenitly making progress of some sort.

pirahna1

I've been working on a few songs recently, not very 'chippy' though. How much of our final song has to be 'chip'd? I think I'll upload my recent projects to soundcloud sometime soon, but I'll try and get something finished by the deadline.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
you, resonant heads, can't be silenced, eh?

just came back from vacation, terror resume.

oh, 'christmas too.

Broseybrose

thanks btk, id post my first DS creation that i made when i was first learning and experimenting, but i know this thread is for serious and id rather keep my posts as only my best.

LOTS of talent in this thread.

btkadams

Dartastic said:
BTK, I just listened to your track on Soundcloud. It's pretty damn rad.
thanks man, i'm going to go back and edit my 2 entries. i have more chip but i dont want to pollute the compilation with too much btkadams lol. really appreciate the comments, i replied to your message on soundcloud and really enjoyed your track as well. i've yet to hear a track i didn't like from this compilation, you guys are all doing a great job.

FightyF

Banned
Hello everyone, I have to apologize for the fallout of the G.A.M.E. 3.1 project. I basically had so much on my plate that I had to cut out GAF immediately (even 20-30 minutes of posting would take too much time, and usually when I post it's more like 1-2 hours, which is way too much). I also used to volunteer for different local aid organizations and I also had to cut that out, it got that bad.

I'm still extremely busy, and I won't even lurk, let alone post, on GAF much. I thought I'd pop by today though (I've had a few days off and have been able to catch up on stuff).

So I just wanted to apologize, I'm sorry.

btkadams

FightyF said:
Hello everyone, I have to apologize for the fallout of the G.A.M.E. 3.1 project. I basically had so much on my plate that I had to cut out GAF immediately (even 20-30 minutes of posting would take too much time, and usually when I post it's more like 1-2 hours, which is way too much). I also used to volunteer for different local aid organizations and I also had to cut that out, it got that bad.

I'm still extremely busy, and I won't even lurk, let alone post, on GAF much. I thought I'd pop by today though (I've had a few days off and have been able to catch up on stuff).

So I just wanted to apologize, I'm sorry.
glad to hear you're alive fightyf. i missed you!!! i hope you have a submission for game 4! (probably not), ill understand if you dont though.

FightyF

Banned
Sorry, I can't commit anything. (I'll only let people down again by not coming through. :( )

Good luck though, and I will check it out once released! Hopefully it gets as much attention as the last one!

okay folks, the final countdown is upon us, 18 days until you guys have to submit your final AIFF/WAV files via Soundcloud or other sources.

As modus will be working on the cover i'm wondering if anyone could volunteer to do the liner art (if modus doesn't have time)...and can we lay it out like a NES color manual? :D

Well, here's my work in progress.....

Samples from C64, SID, AMIGA 500, ATARI2600, NES, GAMEBOY, GAMEGEAR, LYNX, JAGUAR, SNES, MEGADRIVE, old 486 pc, and last but not least a NEOGEO that has never been used!
Friend of mine collects consoles and imported this one from Japan.
Took us over an hour to get it working properly!

Anyway, i couldn't make a track with solo chiptunes.
I always ended up with something i didn't like and had to start all over......
So i hope you don't mind the fact that i threw in some other musical instruments aswell.
Long way to go before it's finished though!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/536020611de9b625/

pirahna1

Albino_Samurai said:
Well, here's my work in progress.....

Samples from C64, SID, AMIGA 500, ATARI2600, NES, GAMEBOY, GAMEGEAR, LYNX, JAGUAR, SNES, MEGADRIVE, old 486 pc, and last but not least a NEOGEO that has never been used!
Friend of mine collects consoles and imported this one from Japan.
Took us over an hour to get it working properly!

Anyway, i couldn't make a track with solo chiptunes.
I always ended up with something i didn't like and had to start all over......
So i hope you don't mind the fact that i threw in some other musical instruments aswell.
Long way to go before it's finished though!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/536020611de9b625/

I'm feelin' it, like it alot. This is how my track is going to sound as well. I can get some chippy stuff, but I can't seem to get a complete chip-tunes sound throughout my entire track, so it's just going to incorporate chip-tune elements - mainly percussion. I'll try and get some more work on it so you can all hear how it's coming :)

Oh, and as a side note, I got one of these for my birthday!
Korg_nanoKONTROL.jpg

Korg nanoKontrol.
It's pretty great for being as cheap as it is (60USD). If anyone needs any info on it, give me a shout! I'm still trying to figure out how to get the transport controls working in FL Studio 7 though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom