• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G2A accuses Gearbox of 'defamatory statements' and says it won't change its business

Crawl

has gearbox done anything since borderlands? every time I look up its usually bad news or bad pr in general.

Peroroncino

has gearbox done anything since borderlands? every time I look up its usually bad news or bad pr in general.

Battleborn, but it's understandable if you don't know what that is or don't remember it by now, lol.

Gearbox should of just canceled the deal and moved on instead of the whole "G2A needs to change!" thing. Now It's just dumb and awkward.

I don't mind, as long as it brings more spotlight on those thieves I'm all for dumbness and awkwardness.

rhandino

Banned
You have to cut them some slack since they no longer have any of that sweet SEGA/Aliens money to siphon to their own projects anymore /s

To be fair they did published Homerworld Remastered and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, both seems to be fine products.

But they also published Battleborne lol

Something something GAMERGATE is about games journalism something

Something somethin "I am a neutral person BUT I will die on the hill named JonTron because he does not deserve all the hate he is receiving from the lamestream media about his pesky little comments about the creation of an ethnostate and the diluting of genepools"

Maybe, idk.

Pretty much.

Repeatedly used the 'both sides' bullshit with regards to Gamergate, but seemed to always side with them.

All three of these players can fight to the death as far as I'm concerned.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
i can see G2A buying up a bunch of keys on stolen credit cards for the next gearbox game then gearbox having to have a quell the shitstorm when they have to either eat the losses when the credit card companies charge back the keys or gearbox needing to revokes the keys.

sibarraz

Banned
Pretty telling that the site url is already auto-blocked here.

Gross that anyone would root for G2A in this case just because Gearbox made a bad game.

In this case I will still root for G2A over Gearbox

Is obvious that Randy Pitchford knew all the shady things that G2A does before signing the deal, but when he realized that he was against the wall, he decided to throw them under the bus after signing a deal just to win some cred points with gaming forums by showing morals against G2A.

Heck, I will not be surprised if Randy Pitchford hoped that G2A will do all the bullet points from the ultimatum so he could become a hero amongst gamers

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You have to cut them some slack since they no longer have any of that sweet SEGA/Aliens money to siphon to their own projects anymore /s

SEGA knew what they had, and they published it regardless.

Still amuses me the mental gymnastics people do when apportioning blame for Aliens: CM.

Aselith

SEGA knew what they had, and they published it regardless.

Still amuses me the mental gymnastics people do when apportioning blame for Aliens: CM.

No he meant Gearbox was literally using Sega money to find projects other than the one they were hired for allegedly.

jennetics

Cut the **** **** 'ause I need my red delicious
Tells me as a Kiwi that my money isn't valid
Gonna dice the mutha'ucka like a mutha'uckin' fruit salad
Then *** **** Granny Smith *** ****
*** up *** an avocado *** *** **** *** 'an *** 'n ***
***'on***an' a mango*** ****
'k***'k and pop an apple in his ass, yeah!

G2A slinging poo at GB is silly. They're both shady as hell.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
No he meant Gearbox was literally using Sega money to find projects other than the one they were hired for allegedly.

That's beside the point really. Its simple: they knew what state the product was in, and decided to release it anyway. They made their problem, their customers problem.

If they had issues with Gearbox's development practices, they should have tried to get legal recourse for them failing to deliver a saleable product.

However what they did was sell the thing, then try and throw Gearbox under the bus after the fact, whilst still collecting the revenue anyway! Which to me is far more shady than anything Gearbox allegedly did.

Gattsu25

Banned
When/Why the heck are people turning on TB? Did I miss something?
B1uLwwpCMAAtGEl.png

In general, he was an asshole during Gamergate. 100% with them while refusing to just come out and say it. Dog piling on their harassment targets while giving GG figureheads uncritical interviews and promotion. Attacking any media companies (e.g. his competitors) that stood up against gamergate.

To be fair they did published Homerworld Remastered and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, both seems to be fine products.

But they also published Battleborne lol
GAF nominated Best Action game of 2016 Battleborn thank you.

People need to stop treating TB as anything other than a disgusting manchild that delights in harassing others. It's revolting that some people on this forum still think he's anything other than scum.

Van Bur3n

Where is all the gearbox hate coming from? What did they do to piss so many people off?

Duke Nukem, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Randy Pitchford being Randy Pitchford, I'd say.

Also, charging an old ass game like Bulletstorm for $60 again and having Duke Nukem as a pre-order bonus or day 1 DLC costing $10 is also kind of bullshit.

Throw in Battleborn and this mess, they're sort of the laughing stock of the industry.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
So, total biscuit is pro gamer gate yet gets invited to Valve wtf? I've only ever watched a few of his videos.

Savitar

Don't forget Gearbox hired the guy who came up with the art design in Borderlands(he had done a cool little movie in the style before this) and soon after they axed him. Took his design.

So yeah.

Did Epic sell off PCF, or did they not even acquire them in the first place? Never understood Gearbox being involved.

I believe they split after Bulletstorm (actually, GoW: Judgment, forgot they did that) didn't perform to Epic's expectations and they're now being published by Gearbox. Still think they're independent.

People need to stop treating TB as anything other than a disgusting manchild that delights in harassing others. It's revolting that some people on this forum still think he's anything other than scum.

Regardless of anyone on Neogaf's feelings for him, he is one of the most influential people in the PC gaming space not named Gabe Newell. Ignoring him or hoping he goes away is ridiculous.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
TotalBiscuit the person and TotalBiscuit the industry advocate are very different people.

He can be a scumbag *and* be a force for good in the industry. Believe it or not they are not mutually exclusive.

TotalBiscuit the person and TotalBiscuit the industry advocate are very different people.

He can be a scumbag *and* be a force for good in the industry. Believe it or not they are not mutually exclusive.
They are the same human being, believe it or not.

Yukinari

I think someone who communicates with Valve to improve their storefront and stops G2A from doing business with companies is worthy of being commended.

Nairume

Banned

His being a scumbag directly impacts what kind of force he is in the industry.

nynt9

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He's right many times though.

Getting more companies to add FOV sliders.
Getting more companies to unlock FPS in games.
Helping the movement to get Dark Souls ported to PC.

He's done some shitty things, and I dislike the man personally, but let's not act like he's not done many good things for the medium of PC gaming as well. We can commend him while also being critical of him.

Pretty telling that the site url is already auto-blocked here.

Gross that anyone would root for G2A in this case just because Gearbox made a bad game.

G2A are awful but at least you know were you go if you try to shop with them.

Gearbox are liars and scammers as well with added deception.

Unless he's using his personal twitter account completely unrelated to the TB persona (if that's persona) they're the same thing.

Xyber

He's right many times though.

Getting more companies to add FOV sliders.
Getting more companies to unlock FPS in games.
Helping the movement to get Dark Souls ported to PC.

He's done some shitty things, and I dislike the man personally, but let's not act like he's not done many good things for the medium of PC gaming as well. We can commend him while also being critical of him.

Yeah, there's no denying he has done a lot of good stuff to help improve PC-gaming.

Such a shame his personal opinions on a lot of stuff have been pretty shitty.

Top Bottom