• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Creates: Super Smash Bros. 4

A Link to the Snitch said:
Um, hey, you kinda not only missed two votes for Masked Man, but somehow negated one of the points he got in the first two votes (5 and 22 respectively).

The correct total is "37".

Also, another preemptive suggestion for stages is a Castle stage from Yoshi's Island. No more freaking flat cheery stages.
You are correct good sir, I didn't notice that one guy edited. Thanks! I updated the list above.

Of the characters listed, I specifically would object to...

Tails- 32
Ashley- 30
Mii- 26
Mr. Stevenson- 20
Akari Hayami- 20
Viewtiful Joe- 15
Megaman X- 12
Ice Hockey Trio- 10
Neku- 10
Phoenix Wright- 8
Travis Touchdown- 6
Terra- 6
Skull Kid- 5
Rundas- 5
Daisy- 5
Mallow- 5
Doc Lewis
Sam & Max- 5
De Blob- 5
Sylux- 3
Roy- 2
Dr. Mario- 1
Waluigi- 1
Grey Fox- 1
Porky- 1
Black Knight- 1
Wolf- 1

It's a shame that more characters cannot be nominated - the options for new franchises are lacking. I mean, sure, 17's big, but it's not like all 17 franchises are necessarily going to be featured. What about Mole Mania? There's also many other franchises, like Rhythm Heaven, Daigasso! Band Brothers, Chibi-Robo!, EBA/Ouendan, Battleclash, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, Magical Vacation, Sheriff, Densetsu no Starfy (Come on, this is an obvious choice - he's had five games in the past two generations and was in Brawl), etc.

It's a shame that more characters cannot be nominated - the options for new franchises are lacking. I mean, sure, 17's big, but it's not like all 17 franchises are necessarily going to be featured. What about Mole Mania? There's also many other franchises, like Rhythm Heaven, Daigasso! Band Brothers, Chibi-Robo!, EBA/Ouendan, Battleclash, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, Magical Vacation, Sheriff, Densetsu no Starfy (Come on, this is an obvious choice - he's had five games in the past two generations and was in Brawl), etc.

Dude, what are you talking about? Chibi-Robo has been on the nomination list since day one as has Starfy, the Laughing Dog, and Muddy was added a few days later, it's just that no one has voted for them. Clearly you have just been skimming the list to not notice them.

Seriously, you should vote and vote for characters that you are complaining about not seeing on the list instead of cying about who hasn't been voted for. Take charge!

That said, I don't know how you are not taking Stevenson and Skull Kid as victories...

Wii Will Rock U said:
Dude, what are you talking about? Chibi-Robo has been on the nomination list since day one as has Starfy, the Laughing Dog, and Muddy was added a few days later, it's just that no one has voted for them. Clearly you have just been skimming the list to not notice them.

Seriously, you should vote and vote for characters that you are complaining about not seeing on the list instead of cying about who hasn't been voted for. Take charge!

That said, I don't know how you are not taking Stevenson and Skull Kid as victories...

1. I didn't skim, my memory of the full list is just foggy. Even still, the point of my post wasn't that they weren't being voted for, but that some characters aren't eligible, such as a Battleclash rep or a Rhythm Heaven rep, the latter which would be sexcellent.

2. Stevenson, I don't think is a particularly great retro rep. And Skull Kid is just plumb overrated.

1. I didn't skim, my memory of the full list is just foggy. Even still, the point of my post wasn't that they weren't being voted for, but that some characters aren't eligible, such as a Battleclash rep or a Rhythm Heaven rep, the latter which would be sexcellent..
Since your arguments were convincing enough, I made an exception and added Mike and Anubis from Battleclash along with the foot-tapping Samurai from Rhythm Heaven to the list. Now you guys better freaking vote for them, otherwise my exception would be for nothing.

Also, there is no character poll update today since NO ONE voted in the past 24 hours. :(

PLEASE PEOPLE, KICK START THE VOTING AGAIN.

Also, you may note on the next voting results list that I have actually changed my vote (which I also edited in my vote post on page 3). I took the five points I gave to Will and spread them across to four other characters. Now Will has 1 of my votes as do four other characters. My other 25 points, however, remain the same.

Transferring two points from Masked Man to Mike and Karate Man (he appeared in two games, while the Rhythm Samurai is only in one of them).
Done and done. ALSO, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY VOTED, PLEASE VOTE ASAP, THE CUT OFF DEADLINE IS FRIDAY MORNING!

Add Mewtwo and kick Sakurai in the balls . . . >_>

Oh, and add some fucking Female characters/ Japan only Characters (Stafy!) to help push these series to the west like with Melee and FE.

From lyre, via PM:

lyre said:
I'm not sure what the thread is about, but put my 30 points into a flying/hovering Majora's Mask (ie final boss form), Mr. Resetti and, just for fun, Crashman. 15, 10 and 5 points respectively.

Chowfahn

Neo Member
Nobody suggested Marina from Mischief Makers? I am shocked.

Wellp, here's my 30 points:

Isaac - 5
Mike Jones - 5
Crono - 10
Travis - 5
Missingno - 5

Jiggy

I had this whole plan of sitting back and watching things play out until just before the deadline so that I could either bring Sami up from the grave, kick Lyn even higher than she already is, or give an instant 30 to Lip.

But seeing Lloyd and Crashman pop up when I'm pretty sure they weren't listed before makes me wonder if nominations are still open. If they are, it's an instant no-brainer for me: 1 point for Falco, 1 for Kumatora, 1 for Lip, 1 for Lyn, 1 for Mega Man, 1 for Mona, 1 for R.O.B., 1 for Sami, and 22 for Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia).

john tv

To the OP: Do not spam users with PMs about this topic anymore. Next report is going to = a ban. Keep it in the thread only.

john tv said:
To the OP: Do not spam users with PMs about this topic anymore. Next report is going to = a ban. Keep it in the thread only.
do you require evidence of PMs? Otherwise I know a sure fire way to make sure Isaac takes his rightful spot at #1

McLovin said:
Megaman that is all:)
I took that as 30 points for Megaman, that seems fairly clear.

PHEW, okay that was a lot of last-minute suggestions and votes but I was able after about an hour to wade through all of them, add who needed to be added and see who got even the smallest of votes. Here's the updated voting list:

Smash Bros. Character Voting List As of 2/12/09 (7:45 AM):

Mike Jones- 88
Megaman- 82
Isaac- 50
Little Mac- 44
Crono- 35
Masked Man- 35
Toon Link (Uncloned)- 34
Tails- 32
Mii- 31
King K. Rool- 31
Lucario- 30
Ashley- 30
Lloyd- 30
Lucas- 24
Colette- 22
Ridley- 21
Missingno- 20
Mr. Stevenson- 20
Akari Hayami- 20
Skull Kid/ Majora- 20
Knuckles- 17
Lyn- 17
Terra- 16
Mewtwo- 16
Viewtiful Joe- 15
Micaiah- 15
Vaati- 15
Ryu- 15
Kumatora- 16
Marina- 15
Midna- 12
Megaman X- 12
Lark- 12
Simon Belmont- 11
Krystal- 11
Travis Touchdown-11
Ice Hockey Trio- 10
Mr. Resetti- 10
Neku- 10
Snake- 10
Paula- 10
Takamaru- 10
Phoenix Wright- 8
Roy- 7
K.K. Slider- 6
Sami- 6
Saki- 6
Female/Rival Pokemon Trainer- 6
Black Shadow- 6
Rundas- 5
Jill- 5
Captain Syrup- 5
Daisy- 5
Felix- 5
Mallow- 5
Paula- 5
Kefka- 5
Doc Lewis- 5
Mona- 5
Sam & Max- 5
Crashman- 5
De Blob- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Hector- 4
Tingle- 4
Protoman- 4
Sylux- 3
R.O.B.- 3
Falco- 2
Will- 1
Andy- 1
Bomberman- 1
Dr. Mario- 1
Waluigi- 1
Dixie Kong- 1
Ray MK III- 1
Grey Fox- 1
Porky- 1
Black Knight- 1
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario- 1
Ike- 1
Tom Nook- 1
Wolf- 1
Geno- 1
Fawful- 1
Mike (Battleclash)- 1
Karate Man- 1
Lip- 1

Observations:

-Crono has overtaken Tails as the 2nd most requested 3rd party character. That said, at this point, no one can touch Megaman.

-New suggestions Lloyd, Marina and Colette have all taken high ranks and Pokemon gltich Missingno. is continuing to rise in the ranks as well.

-Mewtwo has become the most requested Melee character to make a return.

Alright everyone, just a reminder, this will be the last day for voting as it ends TOMORROW MORNING @ 12 AM CNT. Please, if you haven't already or know people that want to, vote as this is your only chance and all character who have not yet been voted for WILL BE CUT from the suggestion list and all suggestions will be closed.

Also, to john tv, sorry about that. I was only sending out all the pms because I really didn't want people to forget that this is the last day for voting. I tried to use pms as a sort of last minute PSA but clearly, we're aren't supposed to so I won't. Thank you for the heads up.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to tell the OP not to spam my PM box.

Jtwo said:
Just wanted to tell the OP not to spam my PM box.
Yeah, I mentioned that was a mistake of mine earlier. Sorry about that, chap.
I just hope that the roster isn't determined by votes only.
What do you mean? This round has nothing to do with who is on the roster, this round just says which characters should remain on the suggestion list. Tomorrow morning @ 12 AM CNT, voting for the pre-lims ends.

As for the making of the final roster, voting is going to start tomorrow afternoon and I will make the announcement tomorrow morning after the final pre-lim tally of how exactly it is going to go down..

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who voted. It is officially Friday and pre-lim voting is closed. That said, here was the final result outcome of the prelim votes:

The Final Prelim Smash Bros. Character Voting List (As of Friday, Februrary 13th, 12:00 AM):

Megaman- 112
Mike Jones- 88
Isaac- 50
Kumatora- 46
Marina- 45
Little Mac- 44
Crono- 35
Masked Man- 35
Toon Link (Uncloned)- 34
Tails- 32
Mii- 31
King K. Rool- 31
Lucario- 30
Ashley- 30
Lloyd- 30
Lucas- 24
Colette- 22
Ridley- 21
Missingno- 20
Mr. Stevenson- 20
Akari Hayami- 20
Skull Kid/ Majora- 20
Knuckles- 17
Lyn- 17
Terra- 16
Mewtwo- 16
Viewtiful Joe- 15
Micaiah- 15
Vaati- 15
Ryu- 15
Midna- 12
Megaman X- 12
Lark- 12
Simon Belmont- 11
Krystal- 11
Travis Touchdown-11
Ice Hockey Trio- 10
Mr. Resetti- 10
Neku- 10
Snake- 10
Paula- 10
Takamaru- 10
Phoenix Wright- 8
Roy- 7
K.K. Slider- 6
Sami- 6
Saki- 6
Female/Rival Pokemon Trainer- 6
Black Shadow- 6
Rundas- 5
Jill- 5
Captain Syrup- 5
Daisy- 5
Felix- 5
Mallow- 5
Paula- 5
Kefka- 5
Doc Lewis- 5
Mona- 5
Sam & Max- 5
Crashman- 5
De Blob- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Hector- 4
Tingle- 4
Protoman- 4
Sylux- 3
R.O.B.- 3
Falco- 2
Will- 1
Andy- 1
Bomberman- 1
Dr. Mario- 1
Waluigi- 1
Dixie Kong- 1
Ray MK III- 1
Grey Fox- 1
Porky- 1
Black Knight- 1
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario- 1
Ike- 1
Tom Nook- 1
Wolf- 1
Geno- 1
Fawful- 1
Mike (Battleclash)- 1
Karate Man- 1
Lip- 1

As you can see the final voting outcome was extremely interesting with Megaman taking the top spot while late-comer characters such as Lloyd and Colette along with "WTF" characters Missingno and Mii taking high ranks on the list. That said, voting turnout was fantastic and voting is now open for the final roster of 55!

HOW THIS ROUND'S VOTING WORKS:

The new suggestion list featuring, the cuts, all the characters who got votes as well as the seeds will be posted in the OP.

Voting is now open on the characters who survived the prelim and are still on the suggestion list. Everyone has now been given 40 points to spread across how they choose among the characters on the list and no one can vote using anything less than 5 of those points (aka no more 1 point votes). The goal, by the end of this round will be to make a final roster of 55 combatants that should be featured in SSB4. That roster will then become the official playable character list for "GAF Creates' version of SSB4"

The final roster will be based on which characters get the most votes so if there is a specific character that you want to see, use all your 40 votes and if there are a few, spread them out!

That said, here's the new suggestion list based on pre-lim voting (this is also in the OP):

Characters:
Mario Bros.
Mario (Seed)
Luigi (Seed)
Peach (Seed)
Bowser (Seed)
Geno
Mallow
Daisy
Fawful
Waluigi
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario
Dr. Mario

Legend of Zelda
Link (Seed)
Zelda/ Sheik (Seed)
Ganondorf (Seed)
Toon Link Uncloned
Skull Kid/ Majora
Tingle
Vaati
Midna

Metroid
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus (Seed)
Ridley
Rundas
Sylux

Pokemon
Pikachu (Seed)
Jigglypuff (Seed)
Pokemon Trainer (Seed)
Female/Rival Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo
Missingno.

Kirby Superstar
Kirby (Seed)
Meta Knight (Seed)
King Dedede (Seed)

Star Fox
Fox (Seed)
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi (Seed)

Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong (Seed)
Diddy Kong (Seed)
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

F-Zero
Capt. Falcon (Seed)
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh

MOTHER (Earthbound)
Ness (Seed)
Lucas
Porky
The Masked Man
Claus
Paula
Kumatora

Pikmin
Olimar (Seed)

Animal Crossing
K.K. Slider
Tom Nook
Mr. Resetti

Fire Emblem
Marth (Seed)
Roy
Ike
Lyndis
Micahah
Hector
Black Knight

Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch (Seed)

Drill Dozer
Jill

Golden Sun
Isaac
Felix

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac
Doc Lewis

Startropics
Mike Jones

Advance Wars
Andy
Will
Sami

Pilotwings
Lark

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Panel de Pon
Lip

Nazo no Muramejou
Takamaru

Wario Ware
Wario (Seed)
Mona
Ashley
Captain Syrup

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers (Seed)

Kid Icarus
Pit (Seed)

Custom Robo
Ray MK III

Gyromite
R.O.B.

Gumshoe
Mr. Stevenson

Ice Hockey
Ice Hockey Trio

1080 Snowboarding/ Wave Race
Akari Hayami

Battleclash
Mike

Rhythm Heaven
Karate Man

Wii Series
Mii

3rd Party Characters (By Series):

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic (Seed)
Tails
Knuckles

Chrono Trigger
Crono

Mischief Makers
Marina

Mega Man
Mega Man (Classic)
Mega Man X
Protoman
Crashman

Sam & Max
Sam & Max

De Blob
De Blob

Castlevania
Simon Belmont

The World Ends With You
Neku

Final Fantasy
Terra
Kefka

Street Fighter
Ryu

No More Heroes
Travis

Gyakuten Saiban
Phoenix Wright

Tales of Symphonia
Lloyd
Colette

Metal Gear Solid
Snake
Grey Fox

Bomberman
Bomberman

Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe

So that's it! Get to voting and use your 40 points! Remember, NO MORE SUGGESTIONS ARE OPEN, YOU MUST VOTE FROM THIS LIST.

EDIT: I forgot my vote for this round! I'll start!
EDIT to the EDIT: I realized Neku is going to do just fine without my help so gave his 10 points to the Female/Rival PKMN Trainer.

Will- 10
Female/Rival Pokemon Trainer- 10
Missingno- 20

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Neku Sakuraba, from The World Ends with You: 20 40
The Masked Man (
Claus
), from MOTHER 3: 5
Terra Branford, from Final Fantasy VI: 5
Travis Touchdown, from No More Heroes: 5
Saki Amamiya, from Sin and Punishment: 5

EDIT: Fixed according to the new rules.

EDIT2: Actually, fuck that, my boy Neku needs all the help he can get. The World Ends with You fans reek of FAILURE in this thread and I cannot trust in them.

Masked Man

I said wow
Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) + 5
Lucario (Pokémon Diamond / Pearl) + 5
Lucas (MOTHER 3) + 5
The Masked Man
Claus<333
(MOTHER 3) + 15
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment) +5
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou) + 5

* Anyone who hated on Stafy and Sukapon = evil. ;_;
* I was going to include Skull Kid / Majora, but I prefer Midna as a new Zelda addition.
* Mike Jones doesn't even need my support, nor does Mega Man.
* I almost voted for Neku, but I had to split my votes. ;_;
* I wish I could give more to my beloved Masked Man (<333), but I feel compelled to keep others alive. Everyone, vote for Masked Man! :D

EDIT: I absolutely adore Little Mac and I really, really want him in the next Smash, but I had to remove my vote for him since he certainly doesn't need my help at this point. :lol

Regulus Tera said:
Neku Sakuraba, from The World Ends with You: 20 40
The Masked Man (
Claus
), from MOTHER 3: 5
Terra Branford, from Final Fantasy VI: 5
Travis Touchdown, from No More Heroes: 5
Saki Amamiya, from Sin and Punishment: 5

EDIT: Fixed according to the new rules.

EDIT2: Actually, fuck that, my boy Neku needs all the help he can get. The World Ends with You fans reek of FAILURE in this thread and I cannot trust in them.
I love you so much! :) I was hoping that someone would use their 40 points for Neku and that's why I only used 10 of mine on him.

Also, here is Azure Jericho's vote via his PM to me:

AzureJericho said:
Mike Jones (StarTropics) - 10
Lyn (Fire Emblem) - 10
Lip (Panel De Pon) - 10
Takamaru (Nazo no Muramejou) - 10

Keep us the votes people, we have one full week and then the final roster will be decided! Also, I think it goes without mentioning that I will post the updated Voting List each day for the next week just as I did with the last list.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
40 points:

mike-jones-new-album-american-dream.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wii Will Rock U said:
I love you so much! :) I was hoping that someone would use their 40 points for Neku and that's why I only used 10 of mine on him.

I don't even like Neku as a character that much. I found Shiki and Beat to be more human, Joshua more interesting, and Minamimoto way funnier. I just want to smash it out someday to music like Ooparts, Emptiness and, Owaji-Hajimari, and Three Minutes Clapping. :(

Seriously people, The World Ends with You = best Square Enix soundtrack since Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Masked Man

I said wow
Regulus Tera said:
I don't even like Neku as a character that much. I found Shiki and Beat to be more human, Joshua more interesting, and Minamimoto way funnier. I just want to smash it out someday to music like Ooparts, Emptiness and, Owaji-Hajimari, and Three Minutes Clapping. :(

Seriously people, The World Ends with You = best Square Enix soundtrack since Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Joshua and Hanekoma = <333 (especially Joshua)

And I think I agree with your last statement, partly because I don't remember any solid S-E soundtracks between FF:CC and TWEWY, and partly because I adore the TWEWY soundtrack. :D

Gabyskra

Banned
Oh my, someone actually voted for Lyndis (FE) :D

Add +40 with my points. I'd be really happy if that happened.

A brawler based on FE would be awesome... or if they included one of each class in SB.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Masked Man said:
Joshua and Hanekoma = <333 (especially Joshua)

Joshua is a prick and I hope he suffocates in his smugness.

Mr. H is cool in my book, but he's also a prick.

Masked Man said:
And I think I agree with your last statement, partly because I don't remember any solid S-E soundtracks between FF:CC and TWEWY, and partly because I adore the TWEWY soundtrack. :D

You're still a FAILURE.

Regulus Tera said:

You are so right, FFCC had some amazing music (especially the opening theme and the theme of the lizard people's lair). I'm honestly surprised no one suggested a Clavat or a Yuke back when suggestions were open.

Also, you forgot to list the two best songs in TWEWY: Calling and Twister.
Regulus Tera said:
Joshua is a prick and I hope he suffocates in his smugness.
You still better get used to him.
If they make a sequel, I can guarantee he will be in it after watching the hidden ending of TWEWY

Anyways, keep on voting people! This round's turnout is fantastic already! When I post the voting list tomorrow, I think a lot of people will be happy. :)

As promised, here is the voting list for this round so far:

Smash Bros. Voting List:

Neku- 50
Lyn- 50
Mike Jones- 50
Phoenix Wright- 40
Little Mac- 40
Ashley- 40
Missingno- 20
Ryu- 20
Lark- 20
The Masked Man- 20
Takamaru- 15
Lucas- 10
Will- 10
Lip- 10
Midna- 5
Saki- 5
Lucario- 5
Jill- 5
Mike (Battle Clash)- 5
Toon Link- 5
Tingle- 5
Samurai Goroh- 5
Karate Man- 5

Observations:

-Neku is currently the highest ranked 3rd party character with Phoenix Wright only 10 points behind him. (Honestly though, Megaman will soon overtake both, I am sure). And, within a matter of hours Mike Jones and Lyn jumped to the top of the list again.

-Lucas is the most requested returning character with 10 votes with Lucario and Toon Link behind them at 5 points.

Keep up the voting!

Masked Man said:
Did you count the votes that I just did, Wii Will Rock U? I gave 5 to Saki, so I wonder if maybe my post got skipped. XD
Haha, no I counted your votes but I must've missed Saki, thanks, it has now been edited. :)

Top Bottom