• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Creates: Super Smash Bros. 4

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I hadn't even glanced at this thread until now. Can't believe how much hilarity I missed. XD

+50 Colette
+50 Masked Man

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wii Will Rock U said:
I keep scrolling through all these new votes and I am shocked by the immense love and hate for Colette. Did I miss something? :lol

I'm just pissed that people are spending all their votes on a character I've never even heard of while Midna gets left out to dry.

Davey Cakes

Andrex said:
I'm just pissed that people are spending all their votes on a character I've never even heard of while Midna gets left out to dry.
I just think that if there's going to be a Tales of Symphonia character in a Smash game, it should be Lloyd. Colette should only be in there if Lloyd already is.

Having Colette in there is like having just Luigi instead of Mario, just Tails instead of Sonic, etc. It just doesn't make sense.

Rash said:
I just think that if there's going to be a Tales of Symphonia character in a Smash game, it should be Lloyd. Colette should only be in there if Lloyd already is.

Having Colette in there is like having just Luigi instead of Mario, just Tails instead of Sonic, etc. It just doesn't make sense.
AGREED.

Or like having Tails and no Sonic. In fact, new rule (since I am as crazy as the Warden of Superjail), all people who vote for Colette hear on out must also vote for Lloyd.

EDIT: Forget this rule, it is non-existent.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
By that definition all the people who vote for Lyn must also vote for Eliwood.

Seriously, stop changing the rules, let's just get this over with.

I agree that's not a fair rule change. On the other hand, of all the characters Namco would include in a Smash title, Colette is so unrealistically far down that list that it makes this list seem just short of justifying the inclusion of Master Chief. It would be like Sega proudly unveiling the inclusion of Alissa Cyan from Comix Zone, and no one else. All the Sonic fans would be pissed, the Virtua Fighter fans confused, even the Comix Zone fans wondering why they didn't go with Sketch.

Regulus Tera said:
By that definition all the people who vote for Lyn must also vote for Eliwood.

Seriously, stop changing the rules, let's just get this over with.
OK fine. My new rule is cancelled. As you were people...

Well, the moment of truth has finally arrived, the votes have been cast, the PMs were sent, the rounds have been finalized. After about three weeks of voting, suggesting and making ridiculous comments on one another, I have gathered together al the points, requests, PMs, and votes of all the characters and I have created the finalized roster. There are some characters missing, a couple barely missed the cut but overall I think this turned out really well.

So without further ado...

GAF Smash Bros. Final Roster:

Mario Bros.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Toad

The Legend of Zelda

6. Link
7. Zelda/ Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
10. Midna
11. Skull Kid

Pokemon

12. Pikachu
13. Jigglypuff
14. Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
15. Missingno.
16. Lucario
17. Mewtwo

Kirby Superstar

18. Kirby
19. Metaknight
20. King Dedede

Yoshi’s Island

21. Yoshi

Donkey Kong Country

22. Donkey Kong
23. Diddy Kong
24. King K. Rool

Starfox

25. Fox
26. Falco
27. Krystal

Metroid

28. Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
29. Ridley
30. Rundas

F-Zero

31. Captain Falcon
32. Black Shadow

MOTHER (Earthbound)

33. Ness
34. Lucas
35. The Masked Man
36. Kumatora

Fire Emblem

37. Marth
38. Lyn
39. Eliwood

Ice Climber

40. Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus

41. Pit

Game and Watch

42. Mr. Game and Watch

Wario Ware

43. Wario
44. Ashley

Pikmin

45. Captain Olimar

Advance Wars

46. Will

Nazo

47. Takamaru

Punch-Out

48. Little Mac

Startropics

49. Mike Jones

Sin and Punishment

50. Saki

Golden Sun

51. Isaac

Pilotwings

52. Lark

Drill Dozer

53. Jill

Gyromite

54. R.O.B.

Animal Crossing

55. K.K. Slider

Panel de Pon

56. Lip

Wii Series

57. Mii

Sonic the Hedgehog

58. Sonic

Megaman

59. Megaman

Chrono Trigger

60. Crono

Tales of Symphonia

61. Colette

Ace Attorney

62. Phoenix Wright

Mischief Maker

63. Marina

Street Fighter

64. Ryu

No More Heroes

65. Travis Touchdown

The World Ends with You

66. Neku

There you have it, a ridiculously huge, funny, sixty-six character roster that we have set for Super Smash Bros. 4. So, with that in mind, what STAGES do you want to see in the next Smash game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
2. Luigi
9. Toon Link
10. Midna
41. Pit
59. Megaman

:D

All I care about. Would've preferred X though...

Don't care about stages as long as there's a Galaxy stage and Luigi's Mansion makes a return. Also maybe the Twilight Realm from TP as Midna's stage...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Phoenix and Marina do not totally make up for the lack of Neku. :(

GIMME GUSTY GARDEN GALAXY
I suggest the No More Heroes motel, too.
Tornado Man stage from Mega Man 9.
Zeal Palace from Chrono Trigger.
AIRCRAFT HARRIER STAGE from Sin and Punishment.
And Lemuria, from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Masked Man

I said wow
Wii Will Rock U said:
4. Peach
5. Toad
10. Midna
11. Skull Kid
16. Lucario
34. Lucas
35. The Masked Man <333
36. Kumatora
41. Pit
43. Wario
47. Takamaru
48. Little Mac
49. Mike Jones
50. Saki
54. R.O.B.
55. K.K. Slider
59. Megaman
62. Phoenix Wright

:O :O :O

Day One. Without question.

Not happy with no Tingle or Karate Man, but four Mother characters is sweet.

New stages I'm nominating...

Mario:
Gusty Gardens
Doom Ship
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-3/1-4

The Legend of Zelda:
Light World/Dark World

Pokemon
Pokémon Field

Kirby Superstar
Mt. Dedede

Yoshi’s Island
YI Dungeon

MOTHER (Earthbound)
New Pork City: Good Version
Onett
Saturn Valley

Fire Emblem
Dragon Gate

Ice Climber
Classic Ice Climber

Kid Icarus
Underworld

Game and Watch
Game & Watch Gallery

Wario Ware
Shake It! stage (the most popular stage others mention can be this)
WarioWare 2

Pikmin
Underground (w/ Distant Planet as a returning stage)

Advance Wars:

Wars World (with alt. designs - AW design and DoR design)

Punch-Out
Boxing arena

Drill Dozer
Art Museum

Animal Crossing:
Basically another Smashville, but with stuff in it - trees, villagers, etc.

Wii Series:
Wii Menu

Sonic:
Emerald Hill Zone

Mega Man:
Dr. Wily's Castle

Chrono Trigger:
Kingdom of Zeal

Ace Attorney
Courthouse

The problem is, though, that by the time an SSB4 comes out, it'll be out of date for stages.

Also, I believe that we should cover new and returning stages separately.

Oh, and:

Rhythm Heaven Remix stage. It's popular enough that it should get a stage like Smashville got.

Also, whatever happened to Ray MK?! I didn't even notice that he got completely snubbed.

MisterHero

Raphael the Raven's Moon (Yoshi's Island)
It's completely spherical and the only way to KO is to launch them into the sky. If they are launched sideways they will just orbit the stage at high speeds.

Ryu's Temple (Street Fighter II)
The temple is a flat stage. Maybe at certain times barrels, crates, brick walls, or a car will drop onto the stage to liven it up and form destructible platforms.

Little States (Pilotwings 64)
On a giant flying platform, it will travel from NYC's rooftops to the Grand Canyon, over the Mississippi river, and Mt. Rushmore. Mecha Hawk appears occasionally and hurls boulders at players.

Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!!)
The ring is the only safe spot in this stage. Outside the ring is the audience which can damage/launch players who land on them. Perhaps every 2-minute round there's a 10-second rest period and if someone attacks, the crowd boos and throws trash on the stage.

Magicant (EarthBound)
This is Ness's version of Magicant. Every 2 minutes, it will completely change from Ness's home, to a place where his childhood friends are (and perhaps Paula, Jeff, and Poo appear), to the Sea of Eden where Ness's worst fears are realized with the presence of Krakens and his Nightmare (the Mani Mani Statue).

That's it for now. :lol

I have a question for us to ponder

Why did Ice Climbers make it into Melee over pit? Surely it cant be based on popularity, how many times have you heard fans demand a new ice climbers game?

MisterHero

Suburban Cowboy said:

Why did Ice Climbers make it into Melee over pit? Surely it cant be based on popularity, how many times have you heard fans demand a new ice climbers game?
I think it was spotlight Nintendo's work in the arcade (pre-NES?) like Mr. Game & Watch represents their pre-GameBoy work.

I heard Balloon Fighter was another possible character (it didn't occur to me that the Flipper item was from Balloon Fight). :lol

With the exceptions of Colette and Ryu, I think that's a great character list.
RAGE

Davey Cakes

With the exceptions of Colette and Ryu, I think that's a great character list.

Now onto stage nominations:

Metroid:
-Abandoned Ship or Tourian (Super Metroid)
-Temple Grounds or Sanctuary Fortress, with dark world effects. (Metroid Prime 2)
-Sky Town, Pirate Homeworld (with acid rain effects) or Phaaze (Metroid Prime 3)

Zelda:
-Clock Town (Majora's Mask)
-Palace of Twilight or Temple of Time (Twilight Princess)
-Hyrule Castle (OOT or Twilight Princess, and take inspiration from SSB64)

Mother:
-Moonside, Saturn Valley, or Belch's Factory (Earthbound)
-Thunder Tower (Mother 3)

Tetris:
-The obligatory Tetris stage

Sonic:
-Death Egg (any of them)

User2k said:
I would kill for a new Smash Bros to replace the filth that is Brawl. More like Melee, less like Brawl please.
Oh, go soak your fat head.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A Link to the Snitch said:
Not happy with no Tingle or Karate Man, but four Mother characters is sweet.

New stages I'm nominating...

Mario:
Gusty Gardens

The Legend of Zelda:
Light World/Dark World

Pokemon
Pokémon Field

Kid Icarus
Underworld

Wario Ware
Shake It! stage (the most popular stage others mention can be this)

Animal Crossing:
Basically another Smashville, but with stuff in it - trees, villagers, etc.

Wii Series:
Wii Menu

Mega Man:
Dr. Wily's Castle

MisterHero said:
It's completely spherical and the only way to KO is to launch them into the sky. If they are launched sideways they will just orbit the stage at high speeds.

Rash said:
Zelda:
-Palace of Twilight or Temple of Time (Twilight Princess)
-Hyrule Castle (OOT or Twilight Princess, and take inspiration from SSB64)

+1 for all of these, especially the Shake It, Raphael, and Twilight stages.

MisterHero said:

Little States (Pilotwings 64)
On a giant flying platform, it will travel from NYC's rooftops to the Grand Canyon, over the Mississippi river, and Mt. Rushmore. Mecha Hawk appears occasionally and hurls boulders at players.

Magicant (EarthBound)
This is Ness's version of Magicant. Every 2 minutes, it will completely change from Ness's home, to a place where his childhood friends are (and perhaps Paula, Jeff, and Poo appear), to the Sea of Eden where Ness's worst fears are realized with the presence of Krakens and his Nightmare (the Mani Mani Statue).

That's it for now. :lol

You sir are filled with some of the best ideas this board has ever seen. :lol

Azure J

Wii Will Rock U said:
You sir are filled with some of the best ideas this board has ever seen. :lol

HEY! The idea I had for Gusty Garden/Good Egg/Center of the Universe is the same as his idea for Raphael the Raven's moon! :lol

Edit - I even posted it earlier in the thread! :lol

Davey Cakes

A Link to the Snitch said:
So is this a free nomination thing? No limits? Not voting yet?
Apparently. Just post some ideas, and later on is when we vote and decide whether or not their suitable.

Of course, I'm not sure exactly if Wii Will Rock U is going to do the voting with stages the same way he did with characters.

MisterHero

AzureJericho said:
HEY! The idea I had for Gusty Garden/Good Egg/Center of the Universe is the same as his idea for Raphael the Raven's moon! :lol

Edit - I even posted it earlier in the thread! :lol
Oh yeah? Well, I posted my desires to see such a stage in the original Dojo thread, especially once Brawl's Yoshi's Island was revealed with the hand-drawn aesthetic.

HA I BEATED YOU :lol

PS: I agreed with you earlier that Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy is another awesome idea

To be clear with everyone, voting for stages will no be a very long time. Right now, we are in the suggestions stage so just throw out ideas about whatever you think would be an interesting stage and we can talk about them.

That said, I would love to see the Distortion World from Pokemon Platinum as an interesting Pokemon stage.

Any stage based on something from Super Mario Galaxy would be good.

Suburban Cowboy said:

I am now demanding a new Ice Climbers game. Seriously though, I have wanted one before you mentioned it.

I gotta encourage people go for a castle stage from YI!

It would be a great change-up from how YI stages are.

Ideas for my stages:

Mario:
Good Egg Galaxy - Basically, a gravity system. It all depends on the planet - the first planet is large, and as such doesn't allow you to go all around it, but you can jump onto a planet orbiting it, and fight upside down. The players automatically all get sent to the next planet at a predetermined time, which may be completely different.
Doom Ship - Scrolling Doom Ship stage. Was kind of surprised it wasn't in SSBB, since they did SMB with SSB and SMB2 with SSBM.
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-3/1-4 - Scrolling stage of 1-3 and 1-4. Pretty self-explanatory.
Light World/Dark World - Basically Hyrule Castle and Pyramid of Power. If a portal appears, any player entering it changes the stage around. Enemies appear on the stage, and they change as well.
Pokémon Field - Basically a Saffron replacement - it would be surrounded by a city and a cave, with a patch of grass and a pond in the middle. Pokémon could come from any which way, including from a Trainer.
Mt. Dedede - Kind of like Little Mac's arena, but overtime, the arena would raise to a windy roof, and at times, Dark Matter will be waiting.
YI Dungeon - Would have various elements of a YI dungeon - some enemies, Ferris wheel platform, spikes around that do lots of damage, and a turning mace.
New Pork City: Good Version - Limo as platform regularly, full of platforms (model it more like the real New Pork City), Yokuba!!, sewers.
Magicant - Ness'. Flying Men would be like built-in ATs that would fight alongside the person who finds it.
Tanetane Island - Would basically be really, really scary. Like Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy without feeling gimmicky. Eerie Smiles would attack the players, one of the platforms would be a "hot spring", players could heal when a purple mushroom appeared, etc.
Classic Ice Climber - Would not be a climbing stage, but would have classic IC visuals.
Wars World - Tanks, infantries, and bombers would pelt the stage with ammunition. Various terrains would be more or less protective. Player could hold down R to change it from green, grassy area to ruined area as in DoR.
Smashville - Would be ground-based, and villagers would walk around, chat with each other, and give you items sometimes. Trees could yield items or bees.
Kingdom of Zeal - Would be huge, floating platforms, Epoch would fly around it as a platform, and sometimes, Lavos would shoot his heaven beams and send it into the ocean.
Rhythm Heaven Remix - Would contain the contents of five rhythm stages from Rhythm Heaven, including the Karate Man stage. Would switch between them, and hazards would be presented in such a way as they make sense, like the Karate Man punching objects.

Top Bottom