• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Creates: Super Smash Bros. 4

Captain N

I was thinking about this thread the other day! Finally got around to looking it up today. We should have someone start up a new thread. New thread. New rules. Some of the choices were out there. Maybe we can narrow down the choices and have NeoGAF select who they'd put in SSB4

Captain N said:
I was thinking about this thread the other day! Finally got around to looking it up today. We should have someone start up a new thread. New thread. New rules. Some of the choices were out there. Maybe we can narrow down the choices and have NeoGAF select who they'd put in SSB4
Woah, :lol

This is a mighty bump! Recently, I've actually thought of starting fresh again since the character contest last time turned up very strange and since Nintendo and its partners have really made some of their franchises flourish recently, I also would totally be down with re-starting the character poll.

Give me until tonight and I'll forge a new thread if there is demand for it.

OnPoint

Just remove tripping, and add more characters/stages. Adding more characters could also include changing cloned movesets as well.

Firestorm

Captain N said:
http://www.gamefaqs.com

As far as I can tell, this topic is all they do there.

MisterHero said:
Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!!)
The ring is the only safe spot in this stage. Outside the ring is the audience which can damage/launch players who land on them. Perhaps every 2-minute round there's a 10-second rest period and if someone attacks, the crowd boos and throws trash on the stage.

World Circuit Ring
I thought better that the ropes of the boxing ring have a little bumper en effect (not as big as the bumper one) and every 1 or 2 minutes comes a boxer from the Wii roster (all the 13 boxers of course) and does a taunt (for the giggles) and his special attack in the middle of the ring. The ring is big so you can play safely at the sides of it when the boxers do special attacks.
You can also see sometimes Doc Louis coming to the corner of the ring to say a quote.
Dont know about the crowd thing, maybe the landing - launch thing yes, but the throwing trash is not my cup of tea.
Better have the boxers as the fun/action thing.

And the music remixes of the wii game with real instruments, no need to touch the music. Also all the training theme.

That uis the only thing im going to ask Sakurai for the next game, Little Mac, ring stage and punch-Out!! music, and maybe Ridley as newcomer. If he fails at this I will buy the game, but I will not be pleased.

Alright guys, I have gotten quite a few e-mails within the last hour to re-open voting and create an all-new GAF-chosen playable character roster. So, wihtout further ado...

PLAYABLE CHARACTER VOTING IS NOW ONCE AGAIN OPEN!

That said, I have made some rules this time around to avoid the weird outcome of the last time we did this.

The Updated Playable Character Voting Rules (IMPORTANT):

- All Third Party Characters Must Have Appeared On a Nintendo Platform

- If a character is suggested for a series that has not yet been represented in the Smash games, the main character from that series MUST have already been suggested. (IE: No voting for King Hippo and Super Macho Man if Little Mac hasn't been nominated.)

- Things are going to work a little differently this time when it comes to voting. In order for a character to gain a spot on the list, the characters must've been nominated by at least 5 different people. Only after five votes will the character be added to "the list". This way, we at GAF actually have to work together if we wish to see a charcater gain a spot.

- You are allowed to vote for five characters in your initial post and after that you are allowed to post one suggestion every 24 hours after that inital post.

THE LIST SO FAR:

Super Mario Bros.:

Mario
Peach

The Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda

Kirby Super Star:

Kirby

Pokemon:

Pikachu

Donkey Kong Country:

Donkey Kong

Starfox:

Fox

Metroid:

Samus

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi

That's that. Get to voting!

Here are my initial five votes:

Little Mac- Punch-Out
Professor Layton- Professor Layton
Neku- The World Ends With You
Skull Kid- The Legend of Zelda
Megaman- Megaman

Characters
-Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
-Ridley (Metroid)
-Ray (Disaster: Day of Crisis)
-Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
-Megaman (Megaman - CAPCOM)

You hear me Sakurai, thats a fucking realistic list the one you got here!
If Little Mac isnt in the next smash Sakurai... *Shakes fist!*

Azure J

Why not?

Mike Jones (Startropics)
Mega Man (Mega Man - Capcom)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Takamaru (Mystery at Murasame Castle)

Wii Will Rock U said:
This thread desperately needs more Layton love. :lol

Layton is great but he is not important to industry to appear as a invited character just yet.
I was going to put Phoenix Wright for Capcom, but its more realistic to see Megaman from them.
I would love to see Phoenix and Layton though.

MarkusRJR

-Mike Jones from Startropics (NES)
-Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (GC/Wii/DS)
-Miis from the Mii Channel (Wii)
-Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes (Wii)
-Little Mac from Punch Out!! (NES/SNES/Wii)

Yaceka said:
-Mike Jones from Startropics (NES)
-Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (GC/Wii/DS)
-Miis from the Mii Channel (Wii)
-Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes (Wii)
-Little Mac from Punch Out!! (NES/Wii)

Fixed.
Shity Super Punch-Out!! character has never been Little Mac, and please do not post the shity screen from Fight Night GC, that shit is not canon, only EA thout he was Little Mac, Nintendo never said that was him.
Also, see Punch-Out!! Wii ending.

Hey everyone, after the first day of voting, here are the results!

THE LIST SO FAR:

Super Mario Bros.:

Mario
Peach

The Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda

Kirby Super Star:

Kirby

Pokemon:

Pikachu

Donkey Kong Country:

Donkey Kong

Starfox:

Fox

Metroid:

Samus

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi

Punch-Out!!:

Little Mac

The Suggestion List (As of Now):

Little Mac- Punch-Out (5)- SAFE
Megaman- Megaman (3)
Mike Jones- Startropics (2)
Takamaru- Mystery at Murasame Castle (2)
Tom Nook- Animal Crossing (2)
Isaac- Golden Sun (2)
Ridley- Metroid
Ray- Disaster: Day of Crisis
Captain Rainbow- Captain Rainbow
Lip- Panel de Pon
Geno- Super Mario RPG
Mii- Mii Channel
Travis Touchdown- No More Heroes
Lyndis- Fire Emblem
Captain Syrup- Wario Land

A few notes after yesterday's voting:

- Little Mac became the first GAF-chosen playable character recieving his required 5 separate votes within just one day!
- The Punch-Out franchise has now been included and Little Mac is its first inductee. This now opens voting for all other characters from the franchise!
- Megaman is only two away from being our first third-party choice!
- Our roster is now up to 11.

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

Fireblend

Banned
So Professor Layton's twitter (yup, he's got one) just had an interesting submission:
I received an invitation this morning to something called the "Grand Smash Brothers Tournament". Does anyone know anything about it?

http://twitter.com/TopHatProfessor/statuses/2422670462

I'm not gonna make a "Professor Layton in SSB4 confirmed!" thread, but I found it pretty funny. I know this thread isn't very appropriate either but I wanted to share.

Oh and I want Klonoa in SSB4, can I nominate him or am I late? The rules aren't very clear...

Fireblend said:
Oh and I want Klonoa in SSB4, can I nominate him or am I late? The rules aren't very clear...
Yes you can nominate him.

Each voter gets 5 votes in their initial post and then 1 more each day after that.

For example, for my one suggestion today, I am voting for Isaac from Golden Sun.

People, people, WE NEED VOTES! If you haven't already voted, VOTE, and if you have already voted, you still have your one new vote per day so get voting!

Fireblend said:
So Professor Layton's twitter (yup, he's got one) just had an interesting submission:

http://twitter.com/TopHatProfessor/statuses/2422670462

Is that an official Nintendo feed (even if it's "in-character"), or just some random fan? It probably doesn't mean anything, but it would be a great tease if it was true. :lol

Edit: Nevermind, he just referenced Megaman, Geno and Little Mac in one sentence. Fan, no question. :lol

Characters:
Wolf Link + Midna (possibly just as an alt form for Twilight Link)
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Little Mac
Mii (doesn't have a set of unique special moves, but can be outfitted with the special moves of other characters mixed to a custom set, not available in certain modes)
Megaman

Honestly, it may be too late for a Twilight Princess set of characters when a new Zelda is on the horizon, but they weren't too swift about including any Mario Galaxy content (not even a song), and too much of their TP content was far more inspired by Melee and OoT. So I don't know how close to current a new Smash would be, it depends on how far along the new Zelda is or isn't when they start work on it.

GamerSoul

AzureJericho said:
Well, it's been a day, so I'll use my bonus point for Captain Syrup.

Yesss. She would be an awesome edition and a real suprise character. I can already see skits between her and Wario fighting over treasure or even her capturing Toon Link in his King of Red Lions at sea.

I'll vote for Luigi.

Results from Yesterday's Voting:

THE LIST SO FAR:

Super Mario Bros.:

Mario
Peach

The Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda

Kirby Super Star:

Kirby

Pokemon:

Pikachu

Donkey Kong Country:

Donkey Kong

Starfox:

Fox

Metroid:

Samus

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi

Wario:

Wario

Pikmin:

Pikmin & Olimar

Punch-Out!!:

Little Mac

Little Mac- Punch-Out (6)- SAFE
Megaman- Megaman (4)
Isaac- Golden Sun (3)
Mii- Mii Channel (2)
Captain Syrup- Wario Land (2)
Luigi- Super Mario Bros.
Ridley- Metroid
Lip- Panel de Pon
Geno- Super Mario RPG
Lyndis- Fire Emblem
Jill- Drill Dozer

- Megaman is ONE vote from being our first third-party nominee and Isaac is two away.
- Captain Syrup and Mii have both gotten multiple votes now and Jill has been added to the suggestion list.
- Rumors of Layton participating in the next Smash have sprung up on the Layton Twitter.
- Our roster is now up to 13 with Wario and Olimar both cemented as returning veterans.

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

Yazus

Megaman- Megaman
Captain Syrup- Wario Land
Geno- Super Mario RPG
Lyndis- Fire Emblem

GamerSoul

OnPoint said:
Just remove tripping, and add more characters/stages. Adding more characters could also include changing cloned movesets as well.

And speed it up! :lol

Seriously, if they just added about 10-15 characters refreshing characters, more stages, take out that long storymode with a better, shorter melee storymode version, create an incredible opening featuring most of the characters then people will buy it.

Results from Yesterday's Voting:

THE LIST SO FAR:

Super Mario Bros.:

Mario
Peach

The Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda

Kirby Super Star:

Kirby

Pokemon:

Pikachu

Donkey Kong Country:

Donkey Kong

Starfox:

Fox

Metroid:

Samus

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi

F-Zero:

Captain Falcon

Mother:

Ness

Wario:

Wario

Pikmin:

Pikmin & Olimar

Punch-Out!!:

Little Mac

Megaman:

Megaman

Megaman- Megaman (5)- SAFE
Isaac- Golden Sun (3)
Captain Syrup- Wario Land (3)
Mii- Mii Channel (2)
Geno- Super Mario RPG (2)
Travis Touchdown- No More Heroes (2)
Lyndis- Fire Emblem (2)
Luigi- Super Mario Bros.
Ridley- Metroid
Lip- Panel de Pon
Jill- Drill Dozer

- Megaman is now SAFE and is the first third-party entrant!
- Captain Syrup is flying up the ranks and Ridley is still at only one vote.
- Luigi is the only returning character with any votes.
- Our roster is now up to 16 with Capt. Falcon and Ness both cemented as returning veterans.

Forkball

Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
Takamaru (Mysterious Castle)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
Isaac (Golden Sun)

Azure J

Wait, Marth isn't up there already? You all better not be planning to axe my main. :lol

Meanwhile, I use the daily extra vote on Saki from Sin & Punishment. I'm counting on GAF to get Takamaru, Mike Jones, Lip, Lyn, Issac, Captain Syrup and Ridley into the ranks now.

Masked Man

I said wow
I refuse to respond to your message because I'm not Andrex. >=(
Kidding! <3

Masked Man (MOTHER 3)
Lucas (MOTHER 3)
Takamaru (&#35598;&#12398;&#26449;&#38632;&#22478; / Mystery of Murasame Castle)
Sukapon (&#12472;&#12519;&#12452;&#12513;&#12459;&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12488; / Joy Mech Fight)
Lucario (Pokémon)

D-Pad

1) Travis Touchdown - No More Heroes
2) Mii
3) Lucas - Mother 3
4) Wolf - Starfox
5) Layle - Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles : The Crystal Bearers

spanks

Captain Syrup (Warioland)
Diddy + Dixie tagteam (can I do that?)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mii
Bomberman (Hudson)

Hey everybody, yesterday's voting really shook up a lot so here are the results:

THE LIST SO FAR:

Super Mario Bros.:

Mario
Peach
Bowser

The Legend of Zelda:

Link
Zelda

Kirby Super Star:

Kirby

Pokemon:

Pikachu

Donkey Kong Country:

Donkey Kong

Star Fox:

Fox

Metroid:

Samus

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi

F-Zero:

Captain Falcon

MOTHER:

Ness

Fire Emblem:

Marth

Wario:

Wario
Captain Syrup

Pikmin:

Pikmin & Olimar

Punch-Out!!:

Little Mac

Nazo no Murasame-j&#333;:

Takamaru

Mega Man:

Mega Man

Megaman- Megaman (5)- SAFE
Takamaru- Nazo no Murasame-j&#333; (5)- SAFE
Marth- Fire Emblem- SAFE DUE TO PREVIOUS INCLUSIONS/ LEAD OF SERIES
Captain Syrup- Wario Land (5)- SAFE
Tom Nook- Animal Crossing (4)
Isaac- Golden Sun (4)
Mii- Mii Channel (4)
Travis Touchdown- No More Heroes (3)
Geno- Super Mario RPG (3)
Lyndis- Fire Emblem (2)
Lucas- MOTHER (2)
Skull Kid- The Legend of Zelda (2)
Sukapon- Joy Mech Fight (2)
Luigi- Super Mario Bros.
Ridley- Metroid
Saki- Sin and Punishment
Lip- Panel de Pon
Jill- Drill Dozer
Falco- Starfox
Waluigi- Super Mario Bros.
Ike- Fire Emblem
Masked Man- MOTHER
Lucario- Pokemon
Wolf- Starfox
Layle- FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
Diddy + Dixie- Donkey Kong Country
Bomberman- Bomberman

- As of today, all other returning characters must be voted for. Marth and Bowser were both added to the list as returning characters.
- Captain Syrup and Takamaru have flown through the ranks and been added to the playable list!
- Isaac, Tom Nook, and Mii are all one point away from being included.
- The roster now stands at 20.

KEEP UP THE VOTING!

GamerSoul

hmm....I vote Impa.

Impa.jpg

Impa.gif

I'm guessing by the list Zelda is now seperate from Sheik, which is the more reason to add the greatest Sheikah, the one who taught Zelda all the knows: Impa. You know, just to keep alittle of OoT in Smash.

Ps: I think Pikachu must be a shoe in.

spanks

For today's vote, I'll go for Flint (Earthbound). I figure we've got ninjas, robots & pirates, so now we need some cowboys up in this bitch .

Top Bottom