• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2011 - Voting Thread - Voting's Over, Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodt

Banned
1. Dark Souls ; Easily best game of the year. Awesome environments and setting, atmospheric music, very challenging but rewarding gameplay. Real sense of progression. Exploration is rewarding. Great boss fights. This game is a true challenge, the focus is on the gameplay, and the online interactions are awesome.

2. Portal 2 ; Great level design and puzzles. Good humor, although some of it is getting stale now. Was really impressed by the old 1950's Aperture sections.

3. Skyrim ; First 10 hours were mesmerizing. Impressive environments and exploration. Then the game starts to get stale. When exploring dungeons rewards you with better gear and items it is great, eventually (once you complete some quest lines) you have good gear and 90% of dungeons get you nothing. After you become powerful the game becomes less interesting. You spend time fast traveling completing fetch quests. It is still a great game, but in some ways the freedom is a hindrance as you end up losing focus and many areas become a waste of time to even explore.

4. Battlefield 3 ; The graphics wow, the feeling of being in a battle is so impressive here. It boils down to the same old FPS Battlefield game-play, which isn't bad, but also doesn't hold my attention for long.

5. Minecraft ; This was my top choice from 2010, I guess it is officially out now so I'll vote for it again.

6. Plants vs. Zombies ; Great puzzle/tower defense game.

7. La Noire ; Started out strong, but then the illusion of real detective work wears out. The fact that "doubt" actually means "accuse without proof" without the players knowledge is a big issue early on in the game (until you figure it out). The facial animations are the best I have seen, very impressive. The art style was done very well. However having an open world is almost pointless, I guess it does add to the realism though. Shooting an driving sections kind of sucked. The cases also start to get stale. This probably would not be on my list at all if I had played more games this year.

8. Crysis 2 ; Meh, this would not be on my list if I had played more games. Graphics were really nice, some good sections but ultimately it was a let down compared to Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

9. ...
10. ...

2010. Minecraft ; I played it much more in 2010 than 2011 but an amazing game.

Games I meant to play but didn't have time. Many of these would have probably made this years list if I actually played them. Oh well.

Batman: Arkham City
The Witcher 2
Gears of War 3
Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Space 2
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Rayman Origins
Dragon Age II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Serious Sam 3

I am guessing, Zelda, Batman, The Witcher 2, and possibly Deus Ex would have all made the list if I had played them.

2011 Betas:

Tribes: Ascend ; Tribes is back! I was never a Tribes pro or elitist, so maybe I am less picky, but this game is plain fun. The mechanics are great, the maps are great, just pure fun. Still requires strong teamwork and players understanding their roles.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive ; CS is back! ... almost. Game looks great and is quite fun. I just can't get used to the new sprays, honestly I suck ass at everything except the AWP. Gets really aggravating, my brain just can't learn new sprays it seems. The option of matchmaking and built in competitive mode are great steps to improve the community however.

Riposte

Is there something as being too verbose? My post is not completed and it is already a few microsoft word pages long. And that is before taking images into account. Not sure how many runners-ups I'll include too.

1. Dark Souls
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
4. Portal 2
5. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Dead Space 2
9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
10. Bastion

So, I just took a first run processing the numbers. Very, very interesting. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No, standings will not be posted during voting.

Decado

We should have a best of 2011 thread at the end of 2012! I can't play/finish games nearly fast enough :( My top 10 will probably change a lot in the next year.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; Embodies the reasons I play games.
2. Bulletstorm ; One of the most balls to the wall fun I've had in a shooter in ages. Perfectly paced and wildly inventive. This game deserved better sales.
3. Saints Row the Third ; Some of the best open world missions out there and just a fun place to romp around in for shits and giggles.
4. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine ; Epic, true to the universe, and so damn satisfying on a raw level. I yearn for more, a LOT more.
5. Crysis 2 ; Being a meaty shooter that offers up plenty of player choice and doesn't sacrifice it's campaign quality for its multiplayer alone earns this title a spot on my list.
6. Portal 2 ; A bloody fantastic and hilarious game, but barely makes my list only because I can't honestly recommend a game with zero replayability.

X. LA Noire ; A great idea in search of a great game.
X. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; Would've been in the GOTY list if it wasn't for stealth patching ads in shortly after release. Fail.

2010. Medal of Honor ; Not GOTY itself, but if I had played it last year it may have made the list. Its the best modern military based single player campaign out there. After Bulletstorm its one my biggest surprises in gaming this year too.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Saints Row the Third
3. Bulletstorm
4. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
5. Crysis 2
6. Portal 2

X. LA Noire ; A great idea in search of a great game.
X. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; Would've been in the GOTY list if it wasn't for stealth patching in ads shortly after release. Fail.

Will flesh out a bit later.
Really? That's sad to hear. Can I play this game offline and not miss anything?

Really? That's sad to hear. Can I play this game offline and not miss anything?
I'd imagine so, but you might want to look into it some more just to be sure. The ads are very small and won't bug most people. I just don't want ads where they don't belong in my games period, so I'm touchier than most on this subject.

I'd imagine so, but you might want to look into it some more just to be sure. The ads are very small and won't bug most people. I just don't want ads where they don't belong in my games period, so I'm touchier than most on this subject.

They are only in the PC version I assume? Never saw them during my PS3 playthrough.

8bit

Knows the Score
1 Super Mario 3D Land : Everything I want in a 3D handheld Mario
2 Portal 2 : Great Sequel, Wheatley grated a bit but the whole experience was great fun
3 Yakuza 4 : Hitting people with bikes never gets old
4 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception : Though it a bit weak at first but loved the buildup to the end
5 Batman: Arkham City : I'm Batman
6 Assassin's Creed: Revelations : Nice end to this chapter, but the Desmond bits and Tower Defence were not welcome
7 Shadows of the Damned : Very rough, but such an enjoyable game once some time is sunk into it.
8 Child of Eden : Good fun on Kinect but no more Genki Rockets please. Liked the bonus mode but it was kind of a Tiesto remix of Rez
9 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword : Haven't put enough time into this yet, but not really feeling the Motion Controls or the graphics but it's a rough diamond
10 Bangai-O HD : Too much of a retread of the DC version after the sublime DS one, but still worth mentioning

Dishonourable Mentions, -1000

L.A. Noire : Terrible. When the guy from heroes turned up it was time to go.
Dead Space 2 : The stomping mutant children bit made me really sad.
Deus Ex : Horrid boss fights.

In general I'm a bit pissed off with codes and multiplayer tokens in games, I'm usually in it for single player experiences and don't care for tag or capture the flag and feel annoyed having to enter codes to unlock content. Batman was particularly annoying for this as the Catwoman stuff keeps nagging on boot yet the content was crap.

Penguin

1) Super Mario 3D Land- A truly fantastic debut on the 3DS

2) Xenoblade Chronicles (import to the States)- A game that breathes new life into the jRPG.

3)The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword-
4)Batman: Arkham City
5)Saints Row: The 3rd
6)Portal 2
7)Gears of War 3
8) Uncharted 3
9)Sonic Generations

My bet is on a close call between Skyrim, Deus Ex and Portal 2.

I'm 90% sure, based on what I've seen, it's:
1. Portal 2
2. Skyrim
3... Everything else

Why is Portal 2 over Skyrim? Because it often appears on lists Skyrim isn't, or is more often than not placed higher.

Case in point: the post below mine.

Vexidus

I know I missed some great games that I didn't get the chance to play. What a nice year for releases. Can't wait to pick up some of the other 2011 heavy hitters in the new year.

1. Dead Space 2
2. Portal 2
3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
4. RAGE
5. L.A. Noire
6. InFamous 2
7. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
8. PixelJunk Shooter 2
9. Bulletstorm
10. Renegade Ops

x. Outland
x. From Dust

2010. Limbo ; Picked this up for PS3 and loved it to pieces. I had been waiting for it to come out on a platform other than 360 since it released, and it was well worth it.

1. Battlefield 3 (PC) ; a technological masterpiece and the game play is juts phenomenal and it just keeps getting better over time. The only downfall for multiplayer is DICE's attempts at pseudo realism which unbalance things a bit. I think they need so start considering that for multi player they need to need to leave the hyper realism for hardcore mode. At the moment there are too many 'cheap' ways to get ahead which I don't like, but as they get ironed out the game will probably be the best multplayer shooter of all time, it certainly has the potential to be, the technology is there - funny to nominate a game for the number 1 spot based on potential.
2. The Witcher 2 ; simply a masterpiece that was held back from number 1 spot somehow and I can't quite pin-point what it is that makes me put BF3 ahead of this almost perfect rendition of the game that the developers were setting out to build.
3. Skyrim ; this almost deserves number one on my chart but I like to take into account the quality of the technology that the developer has created as well as the content of the game when thinking about these sorts of things and Bathesda released a bugged POS, the combat system is pretty rubbish really and it has really only become so good for me since modding it heavily. It's definitely my favourite game this year, but I don't think it's the game of the year in the sense of the word, BF3 is technologically the game of the year IMO.
4. Uncharted 3 ; Naughty Dog are just magicians, what a game.
5. Portal 2 ; I love this game, I love this game so much. I just wish Valve would build a new engine, those loading screens were pretty much the only thing that stopped this being the number 1 game for me, plus the fact that it was over so quickly.
6. Crysis 2 (Single Player) ; take Crysis and make it better? Check. Take Crysis and do it on Consoles and make it look almost as good? Check. I'm a graphics whore and a tech whore, so this game just tickles my nuts, plus I very much enjoyed the single player and never even logged into the multi.
7. Mortal Kombat ; Oh the brilliance of this is just... brilliant.
8. Rage ; i think this deserves a spot here because it's version of a post apocalyptic world is really rather awesome.
9. Modern Warfare 3 (Single Player)
10. Dirt 3 ; Just because this is about all I think deserves this spot simply due to technical achievement.

2010: Vanquish

I'm 90% sure, based on what I've seen, it's:
1. Portal 2
2. Skyrim
3... Everything else

Why is Portal 2 over Skyrim? Because it often appears on lists Skyrim isn't, or is more often than not placed higher.

Case in point: the post below mine.
I ran my own quick tally a few days ago, and I'm fairly certain this is exactly the "very, very interesting" data to which he's alluding. Portal 2 has a higher score, but not by too much. Skyrim has the higher average score, because it has a fair number more first place votes (in fact, it has more 4s than 3s, 2s, or 1s); but Portal 2 has placed on considerably more lists, so (while it has more 3s and 2s than 4s) it has an edge overall.

What I think will hinder Skyrim in relation to Portal 2 is the fact that it seems Portal 2 occurs more frequently on lists containing Skyrim than Skyrim appears on lists containing Portal 2.

1. Dark Souls
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Bastion
4. Skyrim
5. Super Mario 3D Land
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Dead Space 2
8. Portal 2
9. Shadows of the Damned
10. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

gate777

1. Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling together
2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Dark Souls
4. Football Manager 2012
5. Disgaea 4
6. Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
7. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
8. PixelJunk Shooter 2
9. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
10. L.A Noire

2010 mention: Red Dead Redemption.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As of right now, it looks to be
Portal 2
Skyrim
Zelda
Uncharted 3
Dark Souls.

Portal in 1, Dark Souls in 2, Skyrim in 3, Uncharted 3 in 4, and Zelda in 5.

Sounds about right for the top five, but it seems to me like Skyrim will have the most votes. It's usually the most predictable one.

Majora

I've been keeping a rough track of things and Zelda is totally out of contention for top 5 at this point. I didn't keep track of Batman so I don't know if that's a contender or not.

At the moment it's between Dark Souls, Deus Ex and Uncharted for the 3-5 positions. Literally any one of them could still take third, it's incredibly close.

Portal 2 and Skyrim are waaay out in the lead. Portal 2 has been leading Skyrim since the beginning without ever really building up a huge lead. Skyrim could still overtake it by the end but it's struggled to make much of a dent in Portal's lead. From many of the comments I've seen, Skyrim would probably win comfortably if the PS3 version was up to scratch.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sounds about right for the top five, but it seems to me like Skyrim will have the most votes. It's usually the most predictable one.

Just using this page. Portal 2 appears 9 times to Skyrim's 3. Dark Souls is another with 3 appears on this page, but all 3 are first. It was mentioned like in the first 10 pages, but this has been very much how its been playing out. Portal 2 is that kid that just keeps popping up in most photos.

Agyar

1. Bulletstorm
2. Gears of War 3
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
5. Bastion
6. Battlefield 3
7. Mortal Kombat
8. Iron Brigade
9. Infinity Blade 2
10. Dragon Age 2; Wooden Spoon award

x. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception; Unfortunately I didn't get time to play this before the year ran out but it'll hopefully be a great way to kick start 2012

2010. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Mœbius

1. Portal 2 - Humour
2. Deus Ex Human Revolution - Atmosphere
3. From Dust - Scope
4. Uncharted 3 - Adventure
5. Frozen Synapse - Addictiveness
6. Bastion - Storytelling
7. LittleBigPlanet 2 - Fun
8. Where is my Heart? - Originality
9. Child of Eden - Synaesthesia

Honourable mentions:
Batman: Arkham City
Dark Souls
Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition
Battlefield 3 (for MP only)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Coen

1. Portal 2; My favourite game of this decade. Interesting plot, narrative and characters backed by inventive level design and great presentation. Just a masterly crafted experience from beginning to end.
2. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective; In some ways quite similar to Portal 2, actually. Interesting puzzle gameplay mechanic, great cast of characters, lovely presentation. Best goodbye my DSlite could've hoped for.
3. Xenoblade; Best thing to happen to jrpg's in years. Completely changes the rules for the genre. Hopefully Level 5 and Square-Enix are paying attention.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; When it's good, it's so good, but when it's bad it's so bad. Proves motion gaming is a versatile option if handled lovingly, provides some great dungeon and item design and has an interesting, dense overworld. But the unnecessary padding at the end left a bad impression.
5. Super Mario 3D Land; Ingenious level design, stuffed with content, full of charming little details but most important of all: it knows it's a portable game and it's beautifully designed to be enjoyed in small bursts.
6. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine; Plain and simple fun. Fun! Shooters over the past couple of years have become about hiding in cover and popping out to pick off a couple of bullet sponges. Space Marine changes that, actively trying to get you as close to the enemy as possible. And the result is as refreshing as it is fun.
7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception; I feel a bit bad for Uncharted 3. It's an amazing package and a game everyone should play. It's presentation is the best in any game to date, its campaign hits all the right notes and it offers a great range of multiplayer options. There's literally nothing bad I can say about it. Yet I've never even considered putting it at the top of this list.
8. Kirby Mass Attack; Released with little fanfare, this is my biggest surprise of the year. Seems like the Kirby franchise has become a test bed for Nintendo's wacky ideas and Mass Attack is the latest example. Get this game.
9. Dead Space 2; Surprisingly different from it predecessor, but just a great. One of the better franchises to come out of this generation. Love to see what Visceral would do with part 3, but I hope they'll save it for a next generation of consoles.
10. Anno 2070; People explaining what they like about Dark Souls, remind me of what I like about the Anno-series. 2070 is unforgiving and complex but that's exactly what makes me sink hours upon hours into it. After the very disappointing Civ5, this was exactly what I was looking for.

2010. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit; impulse Steam-sale buy but totally worth it. Great execution on a familiar concept. Lovely car-handeling.

x. Skyrim: Can't support this broken piece of a game with a vote, no matter how great it is when it works. I just gave up on this game due to unexplainable errors, glitches and crashes on my PC. I've also sworn to never buy a Bethesda game again.

Herla

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; The true sequel to Deus Ex. Excellent music, excellent atmosphere, excellent everything. Well...boss fights sucked, but who cares.

2. Saints Row: The Third ; The most pure fun I had this year. It's really a shame that the first missions aren't as interesting.

3. Dark Souls ; Like Demon's Souls but better, though I don't agree with some of the choices they made and the online is not integrated as well.

4. Magicka ; The most innovative game of the year in my opinion, a bit buggy but a whole lot of fun. These guys have a ton of potential.

5. Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story ; Am I the only one that played this? It may be not as good as Digital (but what is?), but it's still a very well written and interesting story with good characters and a few twists.

6. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine ; Just what a fan of the WH40k universe would want to play. Incredibly satisfying and brutal, a shame the multiplayer feels a bit bland.

7. Battlefield 3 ; Finally a proper sequel to BF2. It's far from perfect, but going back to 64 players and huge maps is still a great experience.

8. Bastion ; It's fun to play, the music is great and the way it handles its story is unique and interesting.

9. Dungeons of Dredmor ; Oh my god so much content, so much loot, so many hours wasted. And it's funny too!

10. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes ; A surprise for me...fun, deep, addictive and gorgeous.

krYlon

5. Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story ; Am I the only one that played this? It may be not as good as Digital (but what is?), but it's still a very well written and interesting story with good characters and a few twists.

I loved Digital, but the art style kind of put me off this game. I think I'll give it a try anyway.

1. Portal 2
2. Trackmania 2
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
5. The Binding of Isaac
6. Bastion
7. Resistance 3
8. Skyrim
9. Dawn of War 2: Retribution

ASIS

As of right now, it looks to be
Portal 2
Skyrim
Zelda
Uncharted 3
Dark Souls.

Portal in 1, Dark Souls in 2, Skyrim in 3, Uncharted 3 in 4, and Zelda in 5.

Uncharted? Really? It's being frequently mentioned, just didn't think it would rank that high.

theDeeDubs

That is the tricky part about GotY voting. I see both arguments of a game that gets consistent middle ground votes winning because it's commonly liked, but at the same time it's weird if it doesn't get the most #1 votes. Something like a second round vote pinning the game with the most #1s vs. the game with the highest weighted score would be interesting to see.

amdnv

1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Crysis 2
3. Gemini Rue
4. Portal 2
5. Alice: Madness Returns
6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

That is the tricky part about GotY voting. I see both arguments of a game that gets consistent middle ground votes winning because it's commonly liked, but at the same time it's weird if it doesn't get the most #1 votes. Something like a second round vote pinning the game with the most #1s vs. the game with the highest weighted score would be interesting to see.

The results thread last year was great, it had the votes tallied up in different ways just like that.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=418389

1. Portal 2: It's just so charming and fun and hilarious. I didn't think it could outdo the first game, but it did. Some people think the puzzles were more linear than the first game, but I personally never noticed that. The co-op mode is brilliant - it's the only game I've PC LANed this year. I've only had fond memories of this game and therefore it's my GOTY.

2. Super Mario 3D Land: I think I enjoy this game more than the two Galaxy games. I wasn't expecting that, but it more or less feels that good to me. The platforming is just fiendish when you get to the special stages, but it's still great all the way through. It would have been my GOTY if not for ^^^.

3. Batman: Arkham City: I'm just going to say it's a better Zelda than Skyward Sword.

4. The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword
5. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
6. Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
7. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
8. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
9. Alice: Madness Returns
10. Skyrim

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
4. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
5. Minecraft
6. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
7. Super Mario 3D Land
8. Gemini Rue
9. Driver: San Francisco
10. Portal 2

olimpia84

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; beautiful art, interesting dungeons and surprisingly intuitive motion controls (except for swimming, ugh). Another epic game in the series and one of the best Zeldas imo.
2. Battlefield 3 ; Amazing and addicting FPS. Not as fun as BC2 but still worthy of being up here. Already put more than 200 hours in this game!.
3. Super Mario 3D Land; quickly became one of my favorite Mario games of all time. I still think SMW is the best but this comes on a second place tie with SM64
4. Mario Kart 7 ; Just had this game for a few days but it has become an instant addiciton. Online works great, SP is pretty fun and the graphics are good although the 3D goes unnoticed for me.
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Wii version) ; It's important to note that this is the Wii version because it's a complete separate product when compared to the HD versions. Definitely the best soccer game out thanks to the pointer controls.
6. Football Manager 2012 ; One of the most well known and respected PC games, not as addicting as previous versions but it's nice that they introduced new features like being able to change number of leagues while the game in in progress.
7. Pilotwings Resort ; Fun little game for short burst of gaming and excellent use of 3D.
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D ; The best game of all time making good use of 3D and the gyro sensors.
9. Steel Diver; best 5 bucks spent in 2011
10. Pushmo; excellent pick up and play game for quick bursts

2010. Yakuza 3 ; Still haven't finished this but it's definitely worth a mention.
edit: removed Uncharted 3, RE Mercenaries and Nintendogs, added Super Mario 3D Land, Steel Diver and Pushmo.

I feel ashamed that I still haven't even tried some of the best games that came out this year like Skyrim, Batman and Portal 2 but I guess I'll pick them up eventually and save some money. I blame Battlefield 3 since that's all I pretty much play :p

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
1. Portal 2
2. Batman: Arkham City
3. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception
4. inFamous 2
5. Goldeneye 007: Reloaded
6. Infamous: Festival of Blood
7. Battlefield 3
8. NHL 12

2010: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Didn't get a chance to play, but looking forward to it:
Skyrim (I'm PS3 only =( )

1. Portal 2
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles
  3. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  4. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron ; Interesting art, dull combat sysytem.
  5. Dead Space 2 ; Best improvement in a sequel.
  6. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together ; Enjoyed because every encounter has meanings (I'm looking at you FF:Tactics).
  7. Batman: Arkham City ; Nice combat system and soundtrack, everything else's rubbish.
  8. Driver: San Francisco ; Coherence between gameplay and story, I like It.
  9. Fight Night Champion ; Putting story in my sport videogame? Ian Bogost would be pride.
  10. The Cursed Crusade ; Them crazy frenchies.

x. Total War: Shogun 2 ; Need more scripting storywise but a lot of fun neverthless.
x. The 3rd Birthday ; I didn't understand a single thing but it has character.
2010. Nier

Atilac

1. Saints Row the third
2. Bastion
3. The Witcher 2
4. Dead Space 2
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
6. Portal 2
7. Dark Souls
8. Skyrim
9. Dead Island
10. Infamous 2

iNvid02

1. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
2. FIFA 12
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Saints Row The Third
5. Witcher 2
6. inFAMOUS 2
7. Deus Ex Human Revolution
8. Assassin's Creed Revelations
9. Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
10. Battlefield 3

x. Bulletstorm
x. RAGE
x. Resistance 3

2010. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit​

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't play to completion many games released this year.

1. Portal 2 ; Utterly brilliant in every respect. A passionately crafted, truly unforgettable and almost ineffable experience.
2. Alice: Madness Returns
3. Rage
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
5. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

If I manage to complete The Witcher 2 in time, I can see it bumping DE: HR down to 5th.

Edit: Added TW2. It loses points for being significantly shorter than I was expecting.

Yager

Banned
1. Skyrim; one of the games I enjoyed the most (and still doing it) this gen despite its flaws and bugs.
2. Portal 2; loved every single second/inch of it, simply amazing.
3. Ms Splosion Man; the original was already awesome, this one is even better.
4. Limbo (PS3); as mindblowing as when I played it on the 360.
5. Bulletstorm; one fo the best shooters this gen, IMO.
6. Bangai-O HD; so much madness that you just have to love it.
7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution; never really thought I was going to enjoy it as much as I did.
8. Child of Eden; it may be not as great as Rez, but it's fun to play and beatiful to watch.
9. Arkham City; I love Batman, simply as that...
10. Fifa 12; and I also love football.

1. Minecraft: Endless possibilities, best sandbox ever created
2. Portal 2: Not as good as the first one, but I really enjoyed every second of it, plus the coop
3. Limbo PS3: Amazing experience, never played the 360 version
4. Trine 2: One of the most beautiful games ever, and quite addictive
5. Xenoblade Chronicles: Best JRPG of this generation
6. DoDonPachi Resurrection: <3 Cave shmups

Tuck

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
+Great level design outside dungeons
+Great level design inside dungeons
+Fun bosses
+Motion Controls
+Beautiful
+Nice story
+Flying was fun
-Stupid motion controls in some areas (Swinging on a rope)
-Fi (x20)
-Slow intro
-YES I KNOW WHAT THE DAMN ITEM I JUST PICKED UP IS
-Somewhat easy

2. Uncharted 3
+Great graphics
+Great scale
+Great Story / Characters
+Set pieces
+Multiplayer
+More platforming
+Some insane level design
+Co-op
-Shooting was a bit bjorked
-Didn't feel as... special as U2 - level design wasn't as memorable, as good as it was.
-Multiplayer maps were not as good

3. Portal 2.
+Great puzzles
+Holy shit moments
+Funny and full of personality
+Great story
+Great final boss
+Co-op
+Great scale
-Middle sections were slow

4. Super Mario 3D Land
+Great 3D
+Great level design
+Long / VERY replayable
+Later levels are hard
+Great graphics
-Bjorked backflip
-Long jump was VERY unreliable

5. Sonic Generations
+Great level design (Modern and Classic)
+Overworld was cool
+Most challenges were fun
+Colourful
+Speedy, very replayable
-Some challenges were stupid
-Bosses were fun but unpolished
-Could have done more to smooth over speedrunning
-Needs more polish
-Sonic still feels floaty

6. Mario Kart 7
+Pretty good graphics
+New levels were FANTASTIC (Love the levels that aren't laps around a loop but rather one long road)
+Great controls
+Great 3D
-No missions
-Blue shells
*Won't comment on online because I was having trouble with it.

1. Inazuma Eleven
2. Super Mario 3D Land
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Ghost Trick
5. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
6. Kirby's Epic Yarn
7. Go Vacation
8. Solatorobo
9. Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call
10. Minecraft
x. Dead or Alive Dimensions
x. Uncharted 3