• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Hearthstone Tournament #2 | One Legendary to rule them all

Ferny

I have a question about Rule #3. Let's say I win game one, then lose game two; am I allowed to make changes in my deck even though I won the first game? Another question, if I lose game one then win game two, can I make changes after game two since I lost game one or can I only make changes if I lost the most recent game?

Oh, Gotta get revenge against Yondy for beating me.

Yeah you are able to make changes game to game. Win or loss, it doesn't matter. It's very hard for me to really keep track of fixed decks game to game, so as long as the class stays the same, you're good.

SuperBonk

Can I ask for the reasoning behind being limited to one class? Lots of classes are almost direct counters to another (e.g. Hunter against Warlock or Shaman) and it really sucks when you're forced to play that matchup. Especially with the 1 legendary rule, which is probably going to be Leeroy in like 70% of the decks. I think a better idea would to be have 2 separate class decks that we can't make adjustments to once the match starts.

Regardless, I'm willing to go again. Erad#1870

Ferny

How exactly would I know if the people playing actually stuck to that fixed deck? It's not like I could show each deck to the participants to make sure they didn't play cards not in that deck. It's just too hard of a thing to enforce.

SuperBonk

How exactly would I know if the people playing actually stuck to that fixed deck? It's not like I could show each deck to the participants to make sure they didn't play cards not in that deck. It's just too hard of a thing to enforce.

Well the decks would be variable until the match starts. At that point, there could be a rule that people can't cancel out of the challenge, thereby not allowing anyone to go into "My Collection" to modify their decks.

I realize that it's annoying to keep track of and I don't really want to tell you how to run the tourney. Just trying to throw some ideas out there.

Ferny

I could just see an issue where they have a bunch of the same class but different decks ready depending on the deck they just played. They can do it in tournaments and stuff because everything is streaming so it's easy to check, but in something like this, it's a little bit harder to manage.

I'll explore other formats for the next one though and appreciate the feedback.

I am wondering if a 1 legendary limit is a good idea because it really helps some decks out a whole lot. Like miracle rogue, hunter, and zoolock for example are really benefited.

It isn't a big deal since the tourney is mostly for fun and trying to promote a semblance of balance so newer players feel like it is fair, but I think the rule really just limits the strongest decks to a couple.

either way Ichigo#1484

I changed tag to Protekt1#1871

Yondy604

Banned
With 1 legendary allowed.

I can garuntee you that the finals is going to be either a Hunter/Zoolock/or miracle rogue.

JesseZao

Eventually, it'd be fun to have each person run multiple decks. 2 for bo3 or 3 for bo5. This would be similar to official tournaments where you must beat each deck the other person runs. It would help allow variety, so we wouldn't see everyone just pick one of the strongest classes.

One day the gates will be open for legendary control decks, but I'm fine with one legendary for now. It just well funnel choices to certain classes.

Ferny

As the tourneys go on, it'll allow for opening up options. At the end of the day, this is just a fun thing to do about every month for fans of the game and GAFers.

embalm

Battlenet name is: TheEmbalmer

What are the numbers everyone is posting, if it's tied to my battlenet name, how do I find it?

Top Bottom