• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Hearthstone Tournament #2 | One Legendary to rule them all

I'll enter this even though I haven't played on NA yet.

Hydranockz#2265

Might try get an EU one going sometime, maaaaaaaaybe.

Feonix

Is it too late to join up? I guess I can hop in and give you guys some easy wins (I don't have a lot of cards, so...)

Feonix#1822

Ferny

Is it too late to join up? I guess I can hop in and give you guys some easy wins (I don't have a lot of cards, so...)

Feonix#1822
Not at all. Welcome :)

Deadline isn't for another 3 hrs or so. I'll post when sign ups are done. I actually should have the bracket up shortly after deadline as well.

Ferny

Alright deadline is up. Since we didn't get one more and I'd rather have everyone in it that I can, I'll bow out myself and that will get us to a clean 32. The bracket will be up shortly.

Ferny

Bracket is up!
http://challonge.com/gafhearthstone
Deadline for Round 1 is Thursday, May 15th @ 6PM EST
Please make sure to post results as well as the class you played your game with after it's over.

hGUy93p.png

Alright deadline is up. Since we didn't get one more and I'd rather have everyone in it that I can, I'll bow out myself and that will get us to a clean 32. The bracket will be up shortly.

I literally only joined the NA server today. Take my place dude! I would rather you played with your own deck than have me playing with a deck I scraped together from the 3 boosters I have managed to get in the last few hours.

Ferny

It's really alright man. I don't mind and there's other people in the tourney who aren't all that far along too. It's just for fun anyway. Take part in it.

inky

There's something I didn't understand from the rules. Is there anything stopping someone from playing, let's say, Zoo deck one match and Handlock the next? It says you can "make changes" but there is not a set limit for these other than the 1 legendary per deck. Heck, it might be a different legendary next game.

Mind you, I'm not preemptively complaining about it. I just want to know in advance to round up my deck if a situation like that might arise, considering my hero choice isn't as versatile as the example from above.

Ferny

There's something I didn't understand from the rules. Is there anything stopping someone from playing, let's say, Zoo deck one match and Handlock the next? It says you can "make changes" but there is not a set limit for these other than the 1 legendary per deck. Heck, it might be a different legendary next game.

Mind you, I'm not preemptively complaining about it. I just want to know in advance to round up my deck if a situation like that might arise, considering my hero choice isn't as versatile as the example from above.
As long as the class stays the same, you can do whatever you want after that. It could very well be a different legendary the next match/round as well, but in a tournament like this, it's difficult to have fixed decks enforced. I haven't thought of a way to really do that in a fair way quite yet.

embalm

Sorry that I missed the deadline, sounds like one more would have been balancing some things out.

Good luck everyone I'll be watching to see how things turn out.

Ferny

Just a note
Losers bracket deadlines will start during Round 2. If you get your match up early, I encourage you to try and set up a time with your opponent early though. It'll help move things along even faster.

BigAT

Hey bunbun, I sent you a friend request in HS yesterday and just shot you a PM. I can play pretty much any time tomorrow.

In trying to get cards for my NA account, I have found that entering this has let me save loads of gold on my EU account for the Naxx stuff haha.

JesseZao

I guess I won 2 games over Ashodin's 1, to take the series. Something fishy at the end though. GG

Both of us played warlocks.

Ferny

Bracket updated. These are the matches still to go. Hopefully these games are being scheduled somehow outside the thread.

nXrkWNQ.png

Top Bottom