• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf Help. I want to ask her out but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuhira

Put that silver tongue of yours to work,you have 1 month to ask her out.
It´s not gonna work if you can´t even have a natural conversation with her.

Tansut

Before you ask her out load up this thread on your phone and show it to her. That will really give her an idea of how interested in her you are.

If that doesn't work recite some Taylor Swift lyrics.

Ororo? That's not even a name. Let's not call her that.

That's the thing that stands out the most to me. Why that name?

Anyway, just ask the girl out. Her saying no is the worst that could happen, and if that is what happens, then you can move on. Or....

Since you're the one who signed her up, you presumably have access to her information. You could show up in front of her house and lift weights until she notices you and asks you out. That's what I'd do.

Why was it important that you told us about her looking average? If you're feeling a vibe, ask her and be done with it. Its easier said than done, but losing an opportunity by overcomplicating things is a bitch. Don't let it happen to you.

Saw her today. I started out talking to her normally but then I got called to go take care of an appointment before I could ask. FML. I have to do this Tmrw. No fucks. It is getting done Gaf.

Samuel Out!

Update: So I finally found my testicles and asked her out. Got the number and we're meeting up at an average place on Thursday...the most average day of the week..

Blobbers

You have to establish dominance.

Next time you see her, approach her and say nothing but "Yeah, you'll do just fine". Then grab her hand and walk her to the closest coffee place.

To be honest.....Im nervous....one thing that I've noticed..Im actually really personable and likeable in Person. However, over Text I feel awkward as fuck. I feel like I either say too much or too little...I basically set a place to meet then asked her if she liked Jazz (the place is a jazz restaurant) then said excellent :) I'll be in touch

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
To be honest.....Im nervous....one thing that I've noticed..Im actually really personable and likeable in Person. However, over Text I feel awkward as fuck. I feel like I either say too much or too little...I basically set a place to meet then asked her if she liked Jazz (the place is a jazz restaurant) then said excellent :) I'll be in touch

Well, the date is Thursday and we are heading into Wednesday. I doubt you could fuck up bad a day before the date.

Don't have a conversation over text. Save it for IRL.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
So I work at a Gym selling memberships. Recently I signed up this girl lets call her Ororo. She isn't overly beautiful or anything. In fact shes quite average.

But I dont know theres just something about her that just makes me strongly attracted to her. Im debating asking her to go grab a cup of coffee. But Im not even sure how to bring it up wothout being my usual awkward self.

Ive also already given my notice to work that I'll be leaving at the end of the month. So I'm not too concerned with what management would say to this lol

Coffee??? Start your relationship out on the right foot. Mad Max is still in theatres.

Ororo... How did you come up with that.

Favourite x-man + favourite type of cookie.

Coffee??? Start your relationship out on the right foot. Mad Max is still in theatres.

NO! NO! Never go to the movies on a first date! Gee, I've got a great idea for a first date with someone I barely know! Let's go watch a big screen for a few hours and sit silently next to each other while trying not to make eye contact! That won't get awkward at all!

OP, you gotta approach this like she's the final boss. You have to input the right combos precisely and choose the correct branches in the dialog tree. Only this time- there is no reset button and you gotta one-credit that shiat. Only then will you be victorious and obtain the greatest treasure... da pussii.

Nah, jk. Props on getting that number. Just remember that she's there to get to know you just as much as you should be there to get to know her. If I go on a date and have sex on my mind, I fuck up. When I go because I'm genuinely interested in learning more about what's happening in this person's life, then everything falls into place. It took me years to figure that out. Sex becomes incidental after that, something that just happens when we're both comfortable with each other. After that- distractions appear, promises are broken, hearts are crushed, lives are ruined and then the process repeats itself (lol, kidding... sort of).

A lot of people say "be confident" but that doesn't really help. It's like telling someone to "be fun" it's something you have at the moment or you don't. I say: "be comfortable" most people can't tell the difference between that and confidence.

I think a coffee meetup is good. Scope each other out. After that, maybe get some real food if you're into each other. Then, if you've been touchy and are holding hands or something, go see a movie so you can snuggle a bit during the film.

Feels like you've had 3 dates in one, as well. She may be down to go to your average apartment to see your average penis after the flick, too.

Darksol

"You may not know me, but I've been thinking about you. Don't worry, I'm not struck by your beauty -- in fact, I think you're quite average. But after consulting online with a bunch of strangers on an enthusiast's gaming forum, I've decided that I should man up and ask you out. Are you free for dinner this evening?"

EDIT: Boo-urns. You already asked her out.

nullset2

Ask out 100s, 10s will agree to meet you, 1 may stick around, the others will reject you.

Get used to it, it's how it goes.

nero2082

do not create scenarios in your head with what is ok to say and what's not, just chat like a normal person ;)) also fuck coffee, get some icecreams man

Cool....I was worried that I was a bit too abrupt with how I texted her....I really suck at texting I would rather talk to someone over the phone to be honest

Don't do that, either. Save it for the date!

Also, you want her to think you've got other shit going on, not just waiting around to talk or text with her.

do not create scenarios in your head with what is ok to say and what's not, just chat like a normal person ;)) also fuck coffee, get some icecreams man

Im actually thinking of taking her to a nice patio spot downtown toronto. Nothing fancy but it'll provide some good atmosphere.

terrisus

She may be down to go to your average apartment to see your average penis after the flick, too.

d544MrW.jpg

I'd be annoyed if even the staff was creeping on me at the gym

Must be a chick thing because I sure as fuck wouldn't be. Also, "creeping" is such a lovely term. This poor guy is talking about being nervous asking for a coffee date and you're calling it creeping. How cute.

UPDATE: So we went out on a date. I took her to this Thai place in Toronto called Salad King. Food was great, conversation was even better. I punked out and gave her a kiss on the cheek then the lips but overall, I think we'll be seeing each other again.

Thank you Gaf

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
UPDATE: So we went out on a date. I took her to this Thai place in Toronto called Salad King. Food was great, conversation was even better. I punked out and gave her a kiss on the cheek then the lips but overall, I think we'll be seeing each other again.

Thank you Gaf
Well. This turned out rather well.

Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom