• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowledge Nick – The Transcribed Sentiment (2011)
2577199487-1.jpg

Tracklist said:
1.Life of an Emcee 04:02
2.Slave to the Rhythm feat Royal T & Infinito 2017 03:41
3.Preminitions of Love 04:27
4.Knowledge Nick feat Nilaja & Kolaj - Its All You 04:01
5.Proving You Wrong 03:59
6.Interlude 02:29
7.A Rhyme Writer's Dream 03:32
8.Licence to Kill feat Jason da Hater 04:13
9.The Flow feat Royal T TopMC 03:58
10.Everyday Struggle feat Savsola 02:55
11.Life of an Emcee(MaxPtah Remix) 04:05
12.My Farewell(Ode to the Record Stores) 02:14

http://knowledgenick.bandcamp.com/album/the-transcribed-sentiment

Fun record. He sounds like a lot of this college rappers, but I enjoy his choice of beats and wordplay.

Slaine & Statik Selektah – State Of Grace (2011)
KwszYl.jpg

Tracklist said:
01 State Of Grace (Intro)
02 Don’t Talk Greezy
03 Offensive Lines (ft. Action Bronson & Ill Bill)
04 Thats How It Is (ft. Termanology & Tully Banta)
05 Trail of Blood (OG Beat Version)
06 Tonight (ft. Cyrus Deshield)
07 Gotta Go (ft. Kali & D-Stroy)
08 American Way
09 Run It (From the Town OST)
10 Night After Night
11 Molly (ft. D-Stroy)
12 Hold Up (ft. Reks)
13 Concepts (Freestyle)
14 Shade 45 Freestyle (ft. Kali & D-Stroy)
15 Mistaken Identity

Willie The Kid – The Crates-Mixtape(2011)

5WX0Fl.jpg

95vf3l.jpg

Tragedy Khadafi – Thug Matrix 3 (2011)
W1pkg.jpg

Tracklist said:
01.Narcotic Lines Prod By: araabMUZIK
02. ILL-LUMINOUS FLOW Prod By: Now & Laterz
03. Black Prince Prod By: Ayatollah
04. Free Thinkers Prod By: Shroom
05. Each One, Teach one Prod By: Audible Doctor
06. Gorilla Warefare Status Ft: Killa Sha Prod By: Asmatik
07. The Wake Up Prod By: Booth
08. Still Breathin’ Prod By: Now & Laterz
09. Outstanding Prod By: Audible Doctor
10. Best Of Both Coast Ft: Killa Sha, King David and Planet Asia

That Khadafi album drops on the 20th of September. Fucking hype for it. The production on this album is going to be sick. Here are some sample tracks.....Straight fire I tell you.

ILL-LUMINOUS FLOW Prod By: Now & Laterz
http://hulkshare.com/edtw9go2fia9

Narcotic Lines Prod By: araabMUZIK
http://hulkshare.com/noiqodjzvts7

IrishNinja said:
...what the fuck

i just finished this, you're on another level man. this is like track 1 of the gafhop mixtape if it happens, and if you're in the gaming industry, i hope you're doing VA work. i wanna make a game now and make you a villain.

ps does jay have a twitter/etc about? toss it his way just because, for real. can't hurt.

I dunno, Jay might lie about having sex with me or something

also, next time you load up Rapstar, go to the options menu and listen to the "check 1, check 2..." when adjusting the microphone volume. It's pitched up a little bit, but there's my first voice acting work, haha.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fixed2BeBroken said:
lol, cool man. My constructive critique of your stuff.... your wack.
See that's just corny. No one would listen to my flow and say that.

You're too hard-headed.

K.Jack said:
See that's just corny. No one would listen to my flow and say that.

You're too hard-headed.

Lol @ hard headed. How does saying "your wack" mean im hard headed? I mean you're!

The only thing corny is your flow and people would say that. I can go around to random hoods right now, play ur track and record thier responses if you dont believe me. Look im just being real with you since you keep coming at me.

K.Jack

TheOddOne said:
GAF beef be real.
Nah, no beef on my end. It just that him thinking so highly of himself confuses me.

I'm waiting for someone in this thread to back him up on the corny thing though.

Please, be honest. If I'm a lame mc, LET ME KNOW!

Should be a voting thing or like someone said earlier make a separate thread, but I'm not sure that's such a great idea if criticism can not be handled. Whatever just stops the whole battle thing for lasting 3 pages lol.

K.Jack said:
Nah, no beef on my end. It just that him thinking so highly of himself confuses me.

I'm waiting for someone in this thread to back him up on the corny thing though.

Please, be honest. If I'm a lame mc, LET ME KNOW!

You,re! The one claiming to be so great and there is a gulf between our skill sets. Then you try to analyze my quick little recording and "teach me a thing or two." like seriously dude, who are you? Again, whats your credentials?

HiResDes

Yeah squash it, I only said what I said to Fixed because I wanted to see how he would react, but twas really in jest. I really did like K. Jack's shit more, but that's only because I enjoyed his grimy lyrical assault over the lyrical overload, 8-mile styled response that Fixed gave. Oh and I've never been keen on battlers talking about how much money they have or how many hoes they've fucked unless it's done in a non serious swag-rap style. However, with that being said I could see most people giving it Fixed.

Master Z said:
GAF battles need to be officially judged with an official winner announced so that the loser can just take the L and STFU.

Take it to all of gaf to judge. fuck it.

K. Jack, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnI8JEW7Ty4

that song is for you brother.

I'm cool about squashing it. If you read the thread, it's K. Jack continuing this thing over and over. I squashed it when I posted my track. I think I did say, I have no hard feeling about any of this shit, so nows a good time to get off my dick.

oh and I meant You're!

K.Jack said:
Well let's do the damn thing then.

Round 2- Fixed goes first.

p.s. - KRS is the shit

naw lil man, we postin the current tracks. and you can post another track in response to mine. I don't need to make another track.

So I'l let you respond to my track and use both tracks against my one. fair? you get 2 shots at me.

Let there a be an official thread for it too.

K.Jack

Can we get a vote on this? I think it's better for the scene, if we go with fresh tracks and I get the chance to post the response this time.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
My man, I know you're not this dense...

FAKE EDIT:
Fixed2BeBroken said:
oh and I meant You're!
Thank god! :lol

Anyway, somebody make an official battling thread like we said before. We just need somebody to recount the origins of the beefs and post the Yoda and Kampsy tracks.
DO IIIIIIIIIT!
please

Recon

Banned
Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
My man, I know you're not this dense...

FAKE EDIT:
Thank god! :lol

Anyway, somebody make an official battling thread like we said before. We just need somebody to recount the origins of the beefs and post the Yoda and Kampsy tracks.
DO IIIIIIIIIT!
please

While this sounds like a good idea, it won't be, as Gaf is a bunch of cynical assholes who would talk shit about almost anything.

ReconYoda said:
While this sounds like a good idea, it won't be, as Gaf is a bunch of cynical assholes who would talk shit about almost anything.

not necessarily. Gaf was actually very accepting of the So appalled track. Don't see why the battles would be different.

kamspy

Damn who called the hip hop police?

Let the thread live. Beef is hip hop. Shit talking is hip hop. If you just want mixtapes go to dat piff. If u want a circle jerk go to kanye to the. I like my gaf hop free and grimey.

Esch

Banned
Honestly I'm on Fixed's side in this. Yea he took some shots at gaffers but who gives a fuck? K. Jack talking about how he's got a gulf in quality between him and anyone else on GAF-HOP is way worse. And coming up with excuses like "oh i penned this in 5 minutes" is lame too.

And siddx fuck you for mentioning ODB and soulja boy in the same sentence. That's just not even fair.

K.Jack

EschatonDX said:
Honestly I'm on Fixed's side in this. Yea he took some shots at gaffers but who gives a fuck? K. Jack talking about how he's got a gulf in quality between him and anyone else on GAF-HOP is way worse. And coming up with excuses like "oh i penned this in 5 minutes" is lame too.

And siddx fuck you for mentioning ODB and soulja boy in the same sentence. That's just not even fair.
The bolded is not exactly what I said. I said that if he or anyone thinks he's better, I want to prove there's a gulf between us. That's actually a Bleach reference, and I only said it whimsically.

The laying in bed 5 minutes stuff was just a poke at him taking a week to come up with the response.

I didn't realize we were taking things so seriously until this page. My bad.

didn't take me a week, took me a couple hours to write. i did point out that I would write it sunday after work and then record it on my next day off which was wednesday. Just clearing that up.

anyways, are we finally moving on now? Good.

K.Jack

Fixed2BeBroken said:
didn't take me a week, took me a couple hours to write. i did point out that I would write it sunday after work and then record it on my next day off which was wednesday. Just clearing that up.

anyways, are we finally moving on now? Good.
Now we just have to make a song together and the circle's complete!

JakE_WoW.gif

OG Kush said:
re-listening to The Roots' How I got over. Still a good album.
It was album of last year in my opinion.

I don't know. This whole freestyle shit was just for fun and I haven't been liking the animosity between the two participants of the last one. I thought the whole thing was for fun or maybe I'm just not seeing the sarcasm in some of these posts. If the beef was just ended, that's cool. Although there have been "play" fights with people like kams and Recon, I think we were able to keep things at a certain level where it didn't get too grating or personal.

I just don't want this sacred haven, if you will, to devolve into a shit throwing fest of stupidity. I know some of the music in the industry, as well as some of the people in the industry are very ignorant ... there's no need for us to be the same way.

It's so true though, even though I hate to admit it. Nas got a "I sell weed at the end of your block" look to him in that picture.

Nas won the battle but Jay definitely won the war. My Nas stan DNA is crippling as I type.

K.Jack

Danny Brown is probably doing local TV commercials for a used car lot in a Detroit hood.

That's how he rolls.
spindashing said:
It's so true though, even though I hate to admit it. Nas got a "I sell weed at the end of your block" look to him in that picture.

Nas won the battle but Jay definitely won the war. My Nas stan DNA is crippling as I type.
Or maybe it's a subliminal, "yeah you better give me half of your shit, bitch" thing going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom