• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nns3d

ReconYoda said:
It looks like Jay is shaking hands with a crack head...god damn we know who won that war.

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.

But yeah, Jay def won the war. He scored Queen B and... well, how's Kelis been?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Afrocentric-Asian said:
I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.

But yeah, Jay def won the war. He scored Queen B and... well, how's Kelis been?

Her milkshake ain't bringing any boys to the yard anymore...that's for sure

HiResDes said:

1. Rome Cee ~ The Extra Mile - Rome Cee is such a well-rounded MC, solid in all facets, and the production is a long orchestral groove...Shit sounds like Apollo Creed diss tracks over Rocky themes. Constantly ascending in tone and pace, mimicking the climbing of stairs, clad in boxing gloves.
Loving this right now. Will get to the rest at some point. Thanks for always posting these. I'm probably listening more to free mixtapes than the stuff I actually bought recently.

This thread has been great lately btw. I always lurk a little but lately I'm trying to keep up with everything.

Esch

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Gang Starr: Where do I start, yall?
510EN71Q88L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Detox

wenis said:
Her milkshake ain't bringing any boys to the yard anymore...that's for sure
Get it right son
My queen used the milkshake to bring y'all to my slaughter houses
I do this for the group home kids in boarding houses
This is that nigga shit that's on the album
For the niggas inside the chalk line in 40 houses
Bring back Arsenio
Hip-hop was aborted
So Nas breathes life, back into the embryo

So in approximately how many hours is the DMX and Busta remix of Otis going to drop? That growling in the trailer got me hyped, X has to kill it. Flex better upload the clean version as soon as he starts playing it.

kamspy

Fixed2BeBroken said:
oh, so kams loves odd future but hates eminem? oh the irony

Que?

The credits in Goblin and Blackendwhite don't have any Interscope goon ghost producers/writers/album directors.

kamspy said:
Que?

The credits in Goblin and Blackendwhite don't have any Interscope goon ghost producers/writers/album directors.

Odd future is essentially an eminem tribute band. If eminem didnt exist, odd future as they currently are wouldnt exist

kamspy said:
So which hood corners have you been on Fixed? As a #section80 dude myself, your flow doesn't really come off that hood.

I don't believe you.

bad newz Va. born and raised sir.

you don't have to believe me, cause frankly, I don't care. You are no one special to where I feel the need for your acceptance. Don't know what your obsession is with me.

Recon

Banned
Lets not fucking compare hood cred please, this will prove nothing and will get us nowhere. Plus, y'all know my backpack is the most hood anyways.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Lets not fucking compare hood cred please, this will prove nothing and will get us nowhere. Plus, y'all know my backpack is the most hood anyways.

packinamacindabackofdapack

iavi

That is so bad. Busta's tolerable but X needs to stay away from every studio standing. The dog is not back.

peterb0y said:
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2011/08/04/ifwt-exclusive-busta-rhymes-dmx-otis-freestyle/#more-100756

Busta x DMX x OTIS (featuring Funk Master Flex Drops)

edit: Just relistened to it- between the Otis loop, the drops, and DMX its just sounds like random noises.

Busta KILLED it. But I really hated the stupid Flex shoutouts and DMX really did just sound like a bunch of noise. Also the scratches and beeps for censoring screwed it up. Oh well, hearing Busta go hard for a couple minutes was good

see5harp

Fixed2BeBroken said:
hard to earn is my favorite followed by moment of truth....but....hard to earn has so many classic tracks.

Hard To Earn is easily their best, and the place to start out. Maybe the compilation is better for someone starting out though.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
How the fuck are there still "Detox Sessions". I wonder if he fucking scrapped and restarted again.

I hope he did. That Alex da Kidd shit, and that shit featuring Jay Z before that were beyond terrible.

That article gave me new hope for Detox. A project with Interscope funding and Snoop and DOC writing it? Gotta be good.

kamspy said:
I hope he did. That Alex da Kidd shit, and that shit featuring Jay Z before that were beyond terrible.

That article gave me new hope for Detox. A project with Interscope funding and Snoop and DOC writing it? Gotta be good.

Snoop...writing? lol

I seriously doubt Detox is salvageable at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Waiting for CDQ version.

They need to turn the GRRRRRRR down on DMX's voice, I mean I know it's X and all but goddamn.

Not the most beast set of verses by Busta over someone else's beat, but I'll take it.

IrishNinja

soul creator said:
also, next time you load up Rapstar, go to the options menu and listen to the "check 1, check 2..." when adjusting the microphone volume. It's pitched up a little bit, but there's my first voice acting work, haha.

haha, gonna play that one tonight & check it out, that's awesome man. was meaning to grab the wu pack and those blackstar/backpacker tracks.

soul creator said:
that Mos Def clip reminds me, the late 90's Rawkus stan in me is definitely looking forward to Black Star going on tour

ah, see, when i was looking for rock the bells, i think this is what i found...still a solid lineup, might have to hit the beach in september!

DMX track...not so good.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
For real though, beef and bullshit aside, I do want a round two.

Where I'm from, we run NFL rules. The receiving team has to kick off the 2nd round.

So I'll let Fixed2B decide if we continue.
Stat Flow said:
What's the beat you used in your diss track Fixed?

Oh, and the diss was funny.
Charles Hamilton's '11 11 Again'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom