• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo
1. Collard Greens is a horrible song, no wonder it doesn't translate well

2. Kendrick's weak live performances/energy really hurts his bid to be crowned king of anything. He doesn't really have mic presence...

I saw KDot in Oakland at new parish about a year ago or so, dude murdered it. I'm sure what he's going through right now is fatigue and boredom of doing so many shows and performances

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
imo
1. Collard Greens is a horrible song, no wonder it doesn't translate well

2. Kendrick's weak live performances/energy really hurts his bid to be crowned king of anything. He doesn't really have mic presence...

Collard Greens is a great song.. not a great led single tho...

overcast

I saw KDot in Oakland at new parish about a year ago or so, dude murdered it. I'm sure what he's going through right now is fatigue and boredom of doing so many shows and performances
Well he better wake the hell up. He's going on tour with Ye. Doesn't get any bigger really.

I agree Ace. I love the hell out of that song. Pretty sure Q won't ever drop a track that will be a hit on the radio. The label needs to understand that.

Cudder

Its weird because I believe I saw a video of Kendrick performing either Look out for Detox or Rigamortus live and he slayed it, all or most lyrics were spit. Or maybe I dreamed it, I dunno.

iavi

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Just think about all the money you've saved over the years. I was in the same boat up until last year when I built my gaming rig. And I just bought a console for the first time in 5 years.

And I still don't play that much.

I feel it :(. I've got a monster steam library, but no real time to play, and when I do have that second to get something in, I'm not in the mood to game. I must be getting old.

IrishNinja

if we can somehow make it to friday night, im thinking ill do OT9 in (temp) memory of Esha. prolly gon copy the format of this one's OP unless people got objections, his title hasnt been beat so far tho

shit might not have time till then eh? at least enzoes kept this one up to date, should be easy to just swagger jack & then MS paint a 9 on it with a maccas sig so he can hold that

Have the RZAs film on bluray.
First time watching. Should I do theatrical or unrated?

as a huge RZA stan: watch whichever, but watch it blasted as fuck/adjust expectations accordingly. you are not watching a serious or at times even competent kung-fu flick, you're going for a drunken ride

Brahs , this new drizzzzzzzy drake album is boring as all f*ck.

how'd you like the last 2 tho? cant see anyone digging Take Care and not digging the highs on this one

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well he better wake the hell up. He's going on tour with Ye. Doesn't get any bigger really.

I agree Ace. I love the hell out of that song. Pretty sure Q won't ever drop a track that will be a hit on the radio. The label needs to understand that.

Well I think he could.. if they throw some money at like a big name producer and just let him turn up.. but his verse on the 40 Danny Brown joint was maybe one of the worst verses I have heard this year from a major artist

IrishNinja

i dunno man, i leave to sleep, come back later that evening and bam we're like 3-4 pages ahead sometimes, especially if dumb shit is said on twitter

codhand

mo fugghs be sleepin on my last post chances, watch me hit that wall of shame this next OT

so esch was doin the OT right, damn? i read that thread that banned him finally, wow if ever a thread title alone should be enough warning to steer the fuck clear, it was that one

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mo fugghs be sleepin on my last post chances, watch me hit that wall of shame this next OT

so esch was doin the OT right, damn? i read that thread that banned him finally, wow if ever a thread title alone should be enough warning to steer the fuck clear, it was that one
Seriously, it wasn't even one of those middling ones where you think it could go wrong and get some stray bans maybe.

I like Gambino's stuff just because I can relate to his content of being a black nerd as a kid and becoming a much cooler adult.

I think the fall off between Gambino and his fans happened bexause was he was liked as a hipster oddity until pitchfork shitted on him. That just opened the floodgates to him being an easy target.

Late to this discussion but I think it was more of the style change rather than one sites review. When you look at Royalty and compare it to Camp and Culdesac there's a significant shift in sound. A lot of his fans identified with his prior sound and aren't necessarily into the direction he went with Royalty and the features he had on it.

I was at RTB in mountain view, ASAP MOB let a bunch of people gig it on stage and there was these two white girls probably no older than 20 that one of the dudes took backstage. The MOB found their victims

codhand

yall letting OT9 die...

ivan-drago.jpg

BTW Esch is going to a Q&A with Alchemist tonight, yall have any questions you want him to ask?

ask if Alc would mind appealing directly to the Mods on Gaf for prompt reinstatement.

actually, seriously, i wanna know,

did Action Bronson really throw-up on Alchemist's carpet as implied on the Rare Chandeliers mixtape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom