• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that GTA mixtape is garbage. Majority of the productions sounded and started the same. And some tracks had the longest intros ever. That Prodigy track is a good example. Who the fuck Executive produce this shit.

overcast

check ya PM's.
Bless you.

I prefer NWTS to Take Care. It's a lot more consistent to me. Take Care has some really great tracks on it, but it's bogged down by bullshit features (not to say there aren't some terrific features on it) and it's length. NWTS is a lot easier to go through for me. I can see people thinking this album is a bit more boring, but I enjoy the tempo. I think 305 is the weakest track on the album.

kamspy

Take Care has higher highs and more consistency to me. I think I'd even roll with Thank Me Later over it.

It's not bad. 3.5 mic type shit.

thabiz

they always sleep on you, breh

Given how much I still bump Du Rag Dynasty imma definitely check this out. It's like the ultimate "just got off work, time to listen to some shit talking/get my mind right" record.
get that ruffians tape. I cant stop. top 3 this year. SERIOUS.

PBY

Banned
I find it funny that Drakes started to refer to Weezy as his "old G" as if he were a don or mafioso.

He's fuckin moonboots, cornballass, Wayne.

Plz bruh

Samk

normal_degrassi-drake-7.jpg

Straight up G, Eh

overcast

What the fuck. How could anybody interpret Drake as tough after listening to Take Care, let alone the album the article is based off.

He has two songs in a row dedicated to his heart/penis being dedicated to a girl. Works for me, not hardcore.. At all.

PBY

Banned
Did the NYT skip the track where Drake said he was too scared to stop to pump gas late at night while he drove to his girls house?

mooooose

Song or video?

Bc I like the song, but the vid is tame/doesn't do the song justice.

def the video, somewhat the song

it just isnt that cool, really boring from danny lyrically mostly. it sounds like its supposed to be a single but it has no quotables at all. just 3 (which is odd for danny) really boring verses and a terrible flip for a chorus

I'm surprised Danny doesn't feel like the "molly" wave is played out. I suppose he may view himself as a pioneer of it in a way, as he was saying that shit on XXX long before Wayne/Ross/etc jumped on board. Still...it's played out.

besides, King Kendrick Lamar buried molly in the Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe video. Listen to your king, Danny.

mooooose

its not that its played out in particular but there are just more interesting things for danny to say, we know this

none of the videos he has put out have been as cool as monopoly or as catchy as blunt after blunt

if im right about how if eel the album will be placed/paced/themed then it will be good and make songs like dip and old good, but if im wrong... maaaaaaan

songs like return of the g 2 have me thinking im right tho

PBY

Banned
I'm surprised Danny doesn't feel like the "molly" wave is played out. I suppose he may view himself as a pioneer of it in a way, as he was saying that shit on XXX long before Wayne/Ross/etc jumped on board. Still...it's played out.

besides, King Kendrick Lamar buried molly in the Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe video. Listen to your king, Danny.
I kinda agree. But Kendrick frolicking against a windows XP background buried nothing.

overcast

Dip and especially Old are great. It's Danny Brown, he loves drugs and dedicated a track to molly. Makes perfect sense to me.

As for him saying nothing, I actually really like the last line in each verse.
"I'm off a couple molly and we about to go party and I don’t know what I’m doin'

Makes him seem lost in the party life.

mooooose

the first verse is undeniably the effects of molly. anyone who has done it can probably empathize with it. they look on it fondly because it's part of a greater effect, but when danny says it, bluntly, before anything else, that shit sounds horrible. so horrible he has to nullify it with more drugs. the majority of the song paints molly in a light that if taken objectively, sounds fucking horrible. i think there is definitely a lot of irony to danny's new music but whether it's purposeful or not is a different story.

on xxx, i felt like i was in on the joke. with this new danny brown, i'm not sure. he was a character before but one to laugh along with. on old, it's the same act for another time around, but with SOME obvious self depreciation. i hope that it doesn't just end there, at some.

overcast

XXX wasn't anything to laugh at though, there were definitely some lines in there that was meant to get people laughing, but overall the album is a dark portrayal of his life.

He intends on the irony though, I have no doubt. This album will be the same I have no doubt.

mooooose

XXX wasn't anything to laugh at though, there were definitely some lines in there that was meant to get people laughing, but overall the album is a dark portrayal of his life.

He intends on the irony though, I have no doubt. This album will be the same I have no doubt.
i do have doubt. a year and a half of features that lack irony have me in doubt. xxx was an album where you laugh until it gets dark, as an album. now, this is song by song just randomly getting kinda dark, but its based on my perspective.

mooooose

so is everyone willing to say that asap ferg released a good album and exceeded expectations by a large margin?

edit - and man did collard greens grow on me, its still mimicking kendrick's style and not what i wanted from q but damn is it good

overcast

so is everyone willing to say that asap ferg released a good album and exceeded expectations by a large margin?

edit - and man did collard greens grow on me, its still mimicking kendrick's style and not what i wanted from q but damn is it good
Yeah, Ferg impressed me. It isn't a great listen all the way through, but I definitely prefer it to LLA. Let it Go is one of the top tracks of the year.

I think Old is one of those albums we shouldn't question until we have it in full

He's only released bangerz and yeah there are some good ones and some tired ones and some bad ones. But after hearing the intro, I think there is gonna be much more to Old. He's trapping us with this EDM wankery only to kick us right in the gut, I think. But I'ma wait and see.

HiResDes

I think Old is one of those albums we shouldn't question until we have it in full

He's only released bangerz and yeah there are some good ones and some tired ones and some bad ones. But after hearing the intro, I think there is gonna be much more to Old. He's trapping us with this EDM wankery only to kick us right in the gut, I think. But I'ma wait and see.

It's a two part album with Side A being grimey and Side B being Trap/EDM.

DominoKid

Cole on the "boring" criticism

Cole was well aware of the common criticism that he's not an exciting rapper. “It’s funny, but it’s sad. Everybody has their own style of music that they like. I could never let that affect me in the way I make music," he explained. "The people who like Soul Plane are probably gonna think Shawshank Redemption is boring. It’s not the end of the world.”

this dude don't get it.

CDAN >>>

i actually remember reading that blind too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom