• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

EDIT 2: New GOOD Music Lineup:

Cr8CkE8UsAAzR_r.jpg

CyHi dropped, Mos Def dropped, HXLT dropped.

i understand all those drops, but how you gonna keep tyga & sean and not post that image ironically

desiigner's 15 minutes just about up too

Eos

i understand all those drops, but how you gonna keep tyga & sean and not post that image ironically

desiigner's 15 minutes just about up too

only reason tyga still there is because of family (lol)
sean still sells a lot
and you right about desiigner

IrishNinja

only reason tyga still there is because of family (lol)
sean still sells a lot
and you right about desiigner

god, i can't knock a hustle but tyga is like that deadbeat dude that hung on to britney in the day

TImmy Turner's audio alone has 50 mil views on youtube so Desiigner will be at least young thug level relevant for a while.

didn't ya'll say this about dudes with much better efforts though like 2chainz & other names im forgetting

FZZ

Banned
Tiimmy Turner already hit top 40 on the hot 100

I'm at least giving Desiigner til his album drops

at least that one song hes been performing sounds fire

OG Kush

listened to Skee-lo's debut album I Wish in full the other day, way better than i expected honestly, really nice album.

Just listened to it for the first time after seeing your post. All I had heard from him before was his "I wish track".

Damn this album is pretty good! I actually like it a lot, going to listen to it some more though. Also, his track "This is How it sounds".... that beat, I've heard it before! Or the sample maybe. Maybe people have done some freestyles/mixtape tracks over it.. fake edit just did a google search. Thug Life used the same sample in "Bury me a G".

A short break from rap. This EP is really smooth:

SiR - Her (2DopeBoyz)

sir-her.jpg

This is nice. Added it my spotify.

IrishNinja

i need to revisit that skee-lo shit, yeah...that and ahmad both

RTJ stays nice, despite, you know, some elements of their fanbase

PBY

Banned
RTJ was always corny

Some of it bangs, but ya'll know thats gonna age like trash

I say this after paying to see them live twice and buying their records

Given that el-P's previous shit didn't age poorly I'm not sure why RTJ would. First album was whatever but the second album was really really good.

Rtj is the only rap I've been able to get my dad into. I still like their music but that said a lot to me

Dad rap, LOL.

How about Mom rap? My mom likes A Tribe Called Quest, Drake, The Roots, Guru, and a few others. She actually likes most rap but she's never been into the lyrical content of the more hardcore rappers, but she doesn't disparage it at all. She's progressive for her age.

Koozek

Dad rap, LOL.

How about Mom rap? My mom likes A Tribe Called Quest, Drake, The Roots, Guru, and a few others.
I like your mom.
She single?

Only Rap album my parents probably know in and out is actually The Fugees' The Score that we recently talked about here. My brother brought it with him on our family vacation that one summer when I was a kid and we all listened to it every morning. Good times.

But my mom actually often says she likes it when she hears Rap I'm listening to (she doesn't understand English, though).

PBY

Banned
Dad rap, LOL.

How about Mom rap? My mom likes A Tribe Called Quest, Drake, The Roots, Guru, and a few others. She actually likes most rap but she's never been into the lyrical content of the more hardcore rappers, but she doesn't disparage it at all. She's progressive for her age.

My mom haaaates rap, but loves drake lol

illadelph

Lol, that's controversial. Common got flak for that back then, he even talked about it once in an interview.

that's crazy, I had no idea. I just always assumed everyone thought his verse was dope like I did

Yooo, I've been preaching about this!!! It's a really fun, lighthearted album with smooth-ass 90's beats. I listened to it a lot as a kid through my older brother.

https://play.spotify.com/album/34hLOvajp6WQOGlt6CNLSA

I really need to listen to this

i downloaded this and got a text message from some number saying thanks for downloading my album, if you want me to do more please donate. i texted back saying i think its great and good job. he texted back and said "thanks". i dont remember entering my phone number tho ..

hahaha

i need to revisit that skee-lo shit, yeah...that and ahmad both

I can definitely vouch for Ahmad's first album (he apparently had a second one I've never heard), shit puts me in the best mood when I hear it.

Ordinary People was definitely a highlight for me

My mom haaaates rap, but loves drake lol

Is it Drake's more singing tracks her favorite, though? Because there are different type of Drake songs, breh.

I like your mom.
She single?

Only Rap album my parents probably know in and out is actually The Fugees' The Score that we recently talked about here. My brother brought it with him on our family vacation that one summer when I was a kid and we all listened to it every morning. Good times.

But my mom actually often says she likes it when she hears Rap I'm listening to (she doesn't understand English, though).

Nah, she isn't. She's also almost 60, anyway.

It's interesting that you mentioned language and the lack of barrier. Sometimes rap just sounds and feels good despite not knowing any lyrics or being able to understand them.

Corny is the last thing I expected RTJ to be described as, honestly. I don't think their lyrical content is all that exciting, but yeah.

Generic is more like it (even though neither of them slouch as rappers, obviously).

Koozek

Is it Drake's more singing tracks her favorite, though? Because there are different type of Drake songs, breh.

Nah, she isn't. She's also almost 60, anyway.

It's interesting that you mentioned language and the lack of barrier. Sometimes rap just sounds and feels good despite not knowing any lyrics or being able to understand them.
I would say because of, not despite. Sometimes I wish my English hadn't become as natural-sounding to me because it makes certain stuff suddenly sound cornier than back in the days when you didn't quite get everything. Funny thing is, with certain songs I'm 100% that if it was in German I would find it wack or cheesy. Though, I think it's still easier for me than for you guys to sometimes turn the switch off in my head and only hear, not consciously listen, to English Rap if I want to vibe, like when I bump Thugga. It's getting increasingly harder, though, as I pretty much listen/watch/read/write more in English than German on most days now (my actual speaking/pronunciation is still weak, with the occasional German accent shining through and tripping over words with too many successive "w" and "r"s - I wouldn't be able say something like "where worrying warranties were", lol).

We linguistics class now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom