• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, how am I supposed to slice a sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Left to right? Are you crazy. It's right to left you idiot. That way the fillings are more concentrated in the left as they are naturally dragged by the compression of the knife. Please don't tell me you have been eating your sandwiches right to left as well?

jrcbandit

Horizontal or vertical doesn't matter as long as you cut it relatively evenly ;p. Alternatively, diagonally is fine. But better yet, don't cut it at all....

You need Jesus, OP.

I can't even imagine how long you've been cutting them like that, but the people in your life who should have told you and never did are equally responsible for your sin.

It's not even an even cut!

You need Jesus, OP.

I can't even imagine how long you've been cutting them like that, but the people in your life who should have told you and never did are equally responsible for your sin.

It's not even an even cut!

They probably gave up on him as soon as they saw him cut a sandwich like this. Honestly, I can't blame them.

There's a correct way? Isn't it just user choice?

Diagonal or horizontal are fine by me, but I hardly eat sandwiches. Anything with cold meat, mustard, mayonnaise, cheese...turns my stomach just looking at it. I only eat PBJ + my Grandpa's natural honey, leftover turkey sandwiches from Thanksgiving/Christmas (with only salt and pepper, nothing else) or bacon and tomato with only salt and pepper.

The next question is...Should you eat the smaller half first, or the bigger half? If I were you I'd eat the smaller half first. Knowing that it tasted good when you finished the smaller half, you have more left to eat.

Fracas

#fuckonami
ciF3Y87.png

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
In all seriousness, for anyone that cares what their food looks like this seems like the most unappealing way to cut a sandwich. I'd feel like I'm holding a sandwich that someone else has already half eaten.

Diagonally is preferred, vertical is also acceptable....but this? No.

HardRojo

Fucking LOL OP I wasn't expecting that picture.

Slicing a sandwich in half should be a test for something, with results tied to the way you slice it.

#TeamDiagonal

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay possible nuke area got me

But
Diagonal is optimal, I have no idea who taught you how to cut a sandwich, but they taught you wrong. Does that cut curve? How did you even manage that?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Why even cut it up in half like that? Isn't it easier to keep the toppings inside the bread if you don't?

DJ_Lae

Diagonal is the best way to cut a sandwich as it maximizes the surface area of the cut portion.

Vertical is also okay, although it's better for shorter, squat loaves of bread.

Horizontal is an abomination, as even if you cut it straight you'll always end up with halves that are uneven.

Par Score

So I made a sandwich before a friend came over, and as usual, i sliced it across the middle. Anyway when my friend got here, I still hadn't eaten the sandwich, but he flipped out when he saw it. He said I cut it all wrong, but I told him I'd been slicing sandwiches like this all my life (from left to right). What say you, gaf? Is this wrong?

MnBz7LV.jpg

This is the only way I have ever seen a sandwich cut, outside of some fancy places that try some diagonal weirdness.

You're doing it right OP.

LoveCake

OP you have made two small sandwiches there imo, it shouldn't be cut using regular sized bread slices, if it must be cut then diagonally into two, unless it's party sandwiches when it is cut into diagonally into four.

It is pretty common though to find sandwiches cut the same as the OP.

I would like to ask the OP and others that cut sandwiches like that, which section do you eat first, the bottom part (flat section) or the top part (crusty rounded section) because if you don't save the best "top part (crusty rounded section)" until last, well
X1YW831.gif

*Sorry I couldn't resist.

Cannot believe this gif hasn't been posted already.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
How can someone be so bad at something? Lines of symmetry mean nothing to you? I am embarrassed to be the same species as you.

Angels weep for us, we have failed.

G-Bus

Banned
Cutting methods aside the real problem here is with op's sandwich making skills. That looks like something id give my 5 year old nephew.

Make a real sandwich OP. That thing looks pathetic.

Phu

Banned
OP, please post a pic of the rest of the bread loaf. I need to see if you keep it on its side or hang it from a coat rack or something.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Came into thread expecting triangle snobbery, but what's this vertical bollocks? Never heard of anyone cutting a sandwich vertically.

If your desire is to have equal parts top and bottom crust on each sandwich, then just turn one slice around and cut horizontally. Personally I like the OPs approach as that gives you one sandwich with double top crust - the King of sandwiches. Eat the shitty bottom one first to save the best for last.

Not a fan of the triangle as the crust:centre ratio is too high for those initial bites - it's nearly all crust.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's how my family have always cut sandwiches, I prefer diagonal, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom