• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, how am I supposed to slice a sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

platakul

Banned
So I made a sandwich before a friend came over, and as usual, i sliced it across the middle. Anyway when my friend got here, I still hadn't eaten the sandwich, but he flipped out when he saw it. He said I cut it all wrong, but I told him I'd been slicing sandwiches like this all my life (from left to right). What say you, gaf? Is this wrong?

MnBz7LV.jpg

Jme

Top to Bottom would result in a symmetrical cut and is the most common method.
Corner to corner is also popular, especially for chidren as it results in triangles, but additionally it provides an easier path to avoid the crust.

However, the PROPER way to cut a sandwich is not at all.

Additionally, I will further critique of your sandwich. I score it a 1 out of 5.
Negatives:
1) Your horizontal cut is not only weird, but it is also sloppy and not centered. Its further down on the left than the right, and is just a mess.
2) Your ham is hanging out over the edges. Sloppy.
3) Bottom left corner has NOTHING on it, no condiment, meat, nor toppings. This leads me to believe your entire sandwich is unbalanced.
4) The slices of bread are askew. I mean it's not THAT hard to line them up.

Positives:
1) It's got some lettuce on it. Better than no vegetables.
2) Looks to be a wheat variant, not just white bread.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is going to turn into an 11 page thread with multiple bannings and an eventual lock. It's always the most innocuous subjects that set this place off.

But for real, you fucked that sandwich up. I wouldn't feed that to my dog with a horizontal cut.

Ultryx

Between Donald Trump and now knowing someone slices sandwiches this way, I don't know how I can go on any longer.

Don't do it OP! Diagonally or from top to bottom.

You divided the sandwich into top-tier top half with the curvy bits, and the dog-food bottom half which is just a rectangle.

Cutting vertically or diagonally would make it symmetrical. I prefer diagonally.

pharmx

Now I have to know....did you rotate the sandwich to cut it that way? Or do you slice everything horizontally??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom