• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Movies of the Year 2007 Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
CajoleJuice said:
I'd like to blame it on that too, but many lists have both movies, and have No Country above TWBB. :|

I'm just going to keep blaming it on the lack of theaters :(

*plugs ears*

Basch

Ah, too many good ones.

Ugh... mind wrecking. I can't rank them. I like them all. AHHHH!

OP can't all just count for ten. It would make it much easier. Or at least let the user decide how many points they should give to each up to a total of ten. :( So hard. I'll let you adjust the scores based on this.

Zodiac
Sunshine
Stardust
Transformers
The Kingdom
The Bourne Ultimatum
3:10 to Yuma
I Am Legend
Hot Fuzz/Super Bad (too hard to pick between the two)

Honorable Mention: Rescue Dawn

Alright now the easy part. I still have to see quite a few movies, yet, that came out in 2007. Waiting for Blu-Ray/DVD release for those. Didn't have enough time to see 'em. Can only do so much.

Movies I Need to See Yet

There Will Be Blood (Sounds pretty good)
Enchanted (Must see)
Gone Baby Gone (I was so going to see this when it came out in theaters, but family wanted to see something else.)
No Country for Old Men (In truth, I'm not too interested in it. I'll need to look into a bit more before I decide.)
Sweeney Todd (Looks absolutely amazing)
Grindhouse (We'll see, Deathproof doesn't look very good.)
Ratatouille (I love Pixar.)
The Golden Compass (You never know, it could be good. I liked Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.)
Rendition (Very interesting premise.)

I think that's it. So I'll call 2007 officially over, once I see most, if not all, of the movies above.

Awesome job on the thread OP. :D

Joe Molotov

Amir0x said:
I can only conceive it is receiving some sort of mainstream "so bad it's good" vote. (Yes, I actually am elitist!)

I enjoy watching good bad movies, but Dragon Wars isn't a good bad movie. It was just awful. I was there opening weekend because I thought it would be good for a laugh, but it wasn't.

I was holding off my voting because I thought I might watch Eastern Promises, but that's not going to happen by tomorrow night.

1. There Will Be Blood
2. Gone Baby Gone
3. No Country for Old Men
4. The Bourne Ultimatum
5. Hot Fuzz
9. Superbad
10. Knocked Up

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
10. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
9. The Darjeeling Limited
8. Superbad
7. Ratatouille
6. 3:10 To Yuma
5. Juno
4. Once
3. There Will Be blood
2. No Country for Old Men
1. Hot Fuzz

I'm actually surprised someone else feels the way I do about Hot Fuzz. I've watched the movie so many freaking times . . . it's perfect. I love it.

Decado

God damn 2007 was a fine year. I can't make up my mind for my top 10 and I haven't even seen NCfOM, Sweeney Todd, TWbB, Juno or Once yet. :D

EDIT: When does the voting close?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Fidelis Hodie said:
10. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
9. The Darjeeling Limited
8. Superbad
7. Ratatouille
6. 3:10 To Yuma
5. Juno
4. Once
3. There Will Be blood
2. No Country for Old Men
1. Hot Fuzz

I'm actually surprised someone else feels the way I do about Hot Fuzz. I've watched the movie so many freaking times . . . it's perfect. I love it.
you and me should hang out sometime.

Solo said:
Why not just do a top 5? Doing 5, then skipping 6-8, then doing 9 and 10 is a bit odd, no?
Eh, they're the only 7 movies I saw that I truly enjoyed this year. Even though I enjoyed the top 5 much more than the other two, I still felt like giving them mentions.
What, do I not get to count?
What's that?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
1. There Will Be Blood
2. Ratatouille
3. Knocked Up
4. No Country for Old Men
5. Michael Clayton
6. Superbad
7. Sunshine
8. Juno
9. Ocean's 13
10. Zodiac

Spiderman 3 wasn't that bad. I don't understand the hate. It was funny as shit. I think the worst movies of the year were Hot Fuzz and I Am Legend. Hot Fuzz wasn't funny save for a couple parts and failed as an homage because the action scenes weren't satisfying. The plot kinda sucked for an homage comedy too. Shaun of the Dead was a FAR better movie and I loved it. I Am Legend had a bad ending, was kind of boring, and the only redeeming quality was Will Smith's awesome acting even though he didn't pull off the stuff at the end well. They should have made Will Smith more badass... or cast Clive Owen and made him badass.

Az987

all good things
1. There will be blood
2. No country for old men
3. Eastern Promises
4. 3:10 to Yuma
5. Shoot em up
6. Rescue Dawn
7. Hot Fuzz
8. The Mist
9. Halloween
10. The Host

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
[1] no country for old men
[2] zodiac
[3] there will be blood
[4] black snake moan
[5] superbad
[6] knocked up
[7] gone baby gone
[8] grindhouse
[9] the mist
[10] enchanted

great year for me in movies. wish i had an opportunity to see the diving bell and the butterfly and atonement, but they must regrettably be left off. i loved all these movies though. i'm severely upset that zodiac didn't get a nod with a best director or best film nomination--it was brilliant.

xbhaskarx

1. No Country for Old Men
2. The Darjeeling Limited
3. The King of Kong
4. There Will Be Blood
5. The Namesake
6. Ratatouille
7. Eastern Promises
8. The Bourne Ultimatum
9. Superbad
10. The Simpsons Movie

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
BobsRevenge said:
1. There Will Be Blood
2. Ratatouille
3. Knocked Up
4. No Country for Old Men
5. Michael Clayton
6. Superbad
7. Sunshine
8. Juno
9. Ocean's 13
10. Zodiac

Spiderman 3 wasn't that bad. I don't understand the hate. It was funny as shit. I think the worst movies of the year were Hot Fuzz and I Am Legend. Hot Fuzz wasn't funny save for a couple parts and failed as an homage because the action scenes weren't satisfying. The plot kinda sucked for an homage comedy too. Shaun of the Dead was a FAR better movie and I loved it. I Am Legend had a bad ending, was kind of boring, and the only redeeming quality was Will Smith's awesome acting even though he didn't pull off the stuff at the end well. They should have made Will Smith more badass... or cast Clive Owen and made him badass.
joke post confirmed.

Welp, time was up a few hours ago. Gonna post the top 20 movies in here, as well as update the OP with total rankings.

Actually, maybe I'll make a new thread just because I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom