• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Q4 - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Great stuff, all! I love that set, nitewful. I always appreciate being given a glance at different parts of the world.

I haven't been taking a lot of photos lately, mostly because I'm burnt out from a busy summer shooting weddings. But, here are couple of shots from me:

4.jpg

4.jpg

Candid photos I took with my now stolen Rebel 60D a few months ago. This is my sister getting her college ring. Didn't upload to flickr yet, so some fidelity lost thanks to fbook compression.

154608_10151115257826389_1805448833_n.jpg

1446_10151115257991389_854974343_n.jpg

Hopefully I can improve on my technique now that I am back in the game with my new T4i.

nitewulf

Thanks The_Inquisitor, thats a great compliment. I consider myself a street photographer, I guess that sort of seeps through in most of my shots.

Scythian_Empire, those are great portraits. For the second to last shot, did you use flash? And what area is this if you don't mind, its very scenic.

guess

I really like the last pic BlueTsunami.

Great!

Great shots guess!
great photos guess.. wow.
Thanks!, Thanks!

Love the wide angles by guess. Really epic feeling! What lens were you using for that?

Thanks. I was using a Canon EF-S 10-22mm.

Guess: those chile and Argentina shots are awesome :)
Thanks! Your phone pics (Muriwai) are awesome.

nitewulf, I really like how you captured the clouds in those pics.

Damaged

Okay found out about a cool street art project (here's the website for the curious www.dudug.co.uk ) not far from me in north wales so popped down to have a shoot this morning:

Edit:

Had a play about stitching a few images for a panorama

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
A few photos from a recent wine and food festival

Fantastic colors, very punchy without feeling over the top. Makes me wish for Spring here.

From this morning, was cold as hell. But I got to visit this old trail showcasing a steam pipeline of an old paper mill. I'm in my element when working with relics, need to find more...

Damaged

Fantastic colors, very punchy without feeling over the top. Makes me wish for Spring here.

From this morning, was cold as hell. But I got to visit this old trail showcasing a steam pipeline of an old paper mill. I'm in my element when working with relics, need to find more...

Love this last shot

Omni

This is amazing.

Hah, thanks.

In hindsight I went waaaaaaaaay overboard with the editing. Definitely haven't been doing the same with photos I take now. Was just experimenting more than anything

Be nice lol. Just bought a D600 and it's pretty much my first DSLR. As dumb as this sounds, I just learned today about Iso, shutter speed, etc., so here it goes.

My daughter
I really like the first one :)

Anyway. Took these the other day

Not sure what happened to the second picture... A lot more washed out than I was expecting it to be.

Thanks, Damaged!

What a camera to cut your teeth on. So jealous! I'm sure you'll enjoy the low light performance as seen in the tree shot.
Definitely. I truly feel like a whole new world has been opened to me when it comes to photography. I feel like a little kid in that everything I am learning just in the last 24 hours amazes me in terms of photography and just how different a photo can look by adjusting the iso settings, etc.

Crazy-J

Banned
Be nice lol. Just bought a D600 and it's pretty much my first DSLR. As dumb as this sounds, I just learned today about Iso, shutter speed, etc., so here it goes.

Nice photos!

Congrats and excellent choice of camera, I have one and cannot put it down. I also have a Nikon D90, and I am thinking about selling it because it doesn't get any use. It's hard to go back to DX once you shoot FX.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't really done much photography for awhile because I've been trying to learn some leathercrafting and mostly because I'm being a lazy piece of shit, but I tried some product photography with the leathercrafting.

The post-processing is kinda crappy and I didn't quite get the lighting right. I was trying to go for the "product sitting reflected on a shiny surface" type of product photography but I either didn't have the right surface or didn't have the right lighting. Probably both. :p

Might try retaking it again.

wallet1 by Antiwhippy, on Flickr

wallet2 by Antiwhippy, on Flickr

Damaged

My daughter

Congrats! amazing gear to start out with. Keep shooting and don't forget to post the results here. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Anyway. Took these the other day

Not sure what happened to the second picture... A lot more washed out than I was expecting it to be.

Love the expressions in these, reminds me that I really need to try and start taking more pictures of people.

Congrats! amazing gear to start out with. Keep shooting and don't forget to post the results here. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Love the expressions in these, reminds me that I really need to try and start taking more pictures of people.

Thanks! I plan on learning as much as I can from you folks. Definitely falling in love with photography.

Damaged

Photo GAF! I've started a GAF Photography 2012 - Your Best Photos of the Year. So, head over there and show off your greatest work of the year!

Great idea :)

Edit: damn new page, here are the last few posts

Just some photos I took of a Christmas Play I went to recently.

8280500498_b50c39a6ce_z.jpg

8279447593_9a578dd5e8_z.jpg

8280506672_576b76b19a_z.jpg

from my mom's christmas party

20121215-DSC_0103 by Devon JD, on Flickr

Haven't really done much photography for awhile because I've been trying to learn some leathercrafting and mostly because I'm being a lazy piece of shit, but I tried some product photography with the leathercrafting.

The post-processing is kinda crappy and I didn't quite get the lighting right. I was trying to go for the "product sitting reflected on a shiny surface" type of product photography but I either didn't have the right surface or didn't have the right lighting. Probably both. :p

Might try retaking it again.

wallet1 by Antiwhippy, on Flickr

wallet2 by Antiwhippy, on Flickr

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I posted this photo a few weeks ago, as part of a family portrait set that I did for some friends:

To follow-up, here's a selection of photos from the rest of the set. I'm really quite happy with them!

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom