• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

JEKKI

FindMyFarms said:
How does team tourney work?
they call it "pokemon style"

I assume since it has a name, there are other ways of doing teams, but to be honest I don't know of any lol.

Basically you choose in your team who goes first, 2nd, 3rd (teams are usually 3 ppl), and that person stays in until they lose. Whenever a person loses they step off and the next person in line goes up to play.

maybe there's a different way of doing teams when the teams when it's 2v2, but I'm not too familiar with that.

Ploid 3.0

About Gaf SF4 Chat.

Here's how it looks ingame. It covers the right side of the health bar, but I don't mind it. It don't stay up for more than 2 seconds I think. You still have a lot of the bar visible.
73gier.jpg

This is the link to Gaf SF4 chat. As long as you keep it you can join in.
29av09y.jpg

This is the actual chat box. You can access it quickly between rounds even to say something just by hitting the PS button, and x or enter one time then typing. Pop out quickly with one press of the circle button, then the PS button. It only pause the game if you're playing offline. The pause occurs at the first moment you'd be able to press start. So no worries if you're doing a challenge or arcade fight and decide to jump in and say something after you win.

2cr0f2w.jpg

We're thinking about starting that KOF team style tournament in there. If you have anyone in the Gaf SF4 chat on your flist, ask them for a link. You won't have to ask if anyone is interested in a match here anymore.

Teknopathetic said:
dibs on GalacticAE and findmyfarms, carry me to the championship!

So if we have a 3 man tourney here's the first team!

Team Bananascrubs

GalacticAE - M. Bison (dictator)

FindMyFarms - Ryu

Teknopathetic - Sagat?

Haha, I was half joking (GalacticAE and FindMyFarms on the same team would be so unfair, but I'd take it in a heartbeat).

I think any sort of team tournament should probably have teams picked in a "ratio"-style, where maybe only 1 player from Top 8 in the last tournament per team and the rest with lower placers. Having a team stacked with some of the best on GAF + me scrubbing it up wouldn't be very enjoyable for anyone and I think the key to having enough interest in these tournaments to do them regularly is to make it something everyone can look forward to. If it takes off, maybe having a ranking tourney after awhile to re-establish the ratios so people who've stepped up their game might end up at top 8, which keeps the teams from getting too stacked if people are improving.

Teknopathetic said:
Haha, I was half joking (GalacticAE and FindMyFarms on the same team would be so unfair, but I'd take it in a heartbeat).

I think any sort of team tournament should probably have teams picked in a "ratio"-style, where maybe only 1 player from Top 8 in the last tournament per team and the rest with lower placers. Having a team stacked with some of the best on GAF + me scrubbing it up wouldn't be very enjoyable for anyone and I think the key to having enough interest in these tournaments to do them regularly is to make it something everyone can look forward to. If it takes off, maybe having a ranking tourney after awhile to re-establish the ratios so people who've stepped up their game might end up at top 8, which keeps the teams from getting too stacked if people are improving.

Welp there goes team bananascrubs. It was nice while it lasted guys!

But yeah, Slayn brought up the issue of balancing the teams as well. Your tourney ranking idea sounds good, but then how do you account for people that didn't play in the tourney? People like Gutter I can beat on some days, and can't on others, and my games with Blackadde are almost always split. If they got together and played any team that featured tourney players, with only one from the top 8, the tourney team would get smashed.

Turtle, Mr. resident tourney expert, any ideas on how to balance this thing?

CPS2

TurtleSnatcher said:
360 tourney still seems to be going on.. Come on guys.. Finish up..

Ill send out prizes when its all done.

You need to DQ TaKerX and DiddyBop, Ronabo's been waiting to play the winner for ages.

Also note that ShinAmano beat me 2-1, but he's banned until around the 16th.

ShinAmano

I am not banned anymore...UC1 it looks like we have a match. I will send out a FR today and we can play whenever.

Edit....nevermind just remembered we played already...looks like I am still waiting on a match.

Grifter

ShinAmano said:
So are we just giving up on this? Grifter i have sent you a few invites and you never want to play :(

You did? Maybe my friend was on my 360. I never see you on and haven't seen messages. Will look tonight.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's still not over?! Is this the longest online fighting game tournament out there, or have any gone on longer? :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It never finished? Damn, is it having these tourney threads in the online forum that's making people forget about them or be so slow to respond?

You gonna sell those prizes, TurtleSnatcher? I wanted that 360 SF4 faceplate. :lol

Lyte Edge said:
It never finished? Damn, is it having these tourney threads in the online forum that's making people forget about them or be so slow to respond?

You gonna sell those prizes, TurtleSnatcher? I wanted that 360 SF4 faceplate. :lol

It's just this xbox one, the ps3 one finished, and the team ps3 one is almost done

Top Bottom