• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
man, I sure am seeing a lot of balrogs left in the psn tournament. You better win lyte edge!

JEKKI

lol sorry mang, I saw u on xbox yesterday and sent u a message but u didnt respond :(

so I played by myself instead o_O

JEKKI

JEKKI vs. Shin Amano

3-2
2-3
3-0

JEKKI wins I think??

GG dood. Sorry I'm not at the top of my game... work is exhausting.

umm... I'll hop onto PS3 now and see if my matchup is online over there. I'll try to be more on top of my standing in the tournament.

-EDIT-

Arstal>> u and me next on xbox. I sent u a friend request. word.

hopefully we can have our match today since I'm a little more awake now, I wanna avoid feeling like caca and having to play after work tomorrow >_<

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ok, I can do this sometime tomorrow before 11PM ET. What's best for you.

Finals is still 2 out of 3 right?

JEKKI

JEKKI v Arstal

3-2
3-1

JEKKI wins.

GG Arstal. omg I was scared as shyt when I saw your characters, they are easily 2 of my worst matchups.

and u had to play both of them!!

no lie, my heart was pounding... it still is o_O

JEKKI

GG Brobzoid.

mother frikken California to Europe lag... not very fun >_<

time to get Lyte Edge off my butt... I'm comin dood aiite? lol.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I didn't have any lag except for opening animation. :\

are you trying to imply that even if shit was laggy on your end you beasted me, who didn't have any lag? I hate you ;_;

ShinAmano

JEKKI said:
JEKKI vs. Shin Amano

3-2
2-3
3-0

JEKKI wins I think??

GG dood. Sorry I'm not at the top of my game... work is exhausting.
Good games. I don't know what it is about Blanka, but he is my most feared opponent. I honestly think he is the best character in the game. Every special is an armor breaker, EX balls have no weakness, his range is unbelievable, you can't get close and try an FA and you are broken. I laugh at a good Sagat, but curl up and cry againts a good Blanka and Jekki has a good one. I managed to get a couple of rounds in, and most were close, but the third game I had nothing :(

JEKKI

Lyte Edge peaces JEKKI out of the PS3 tournament

3-2
3-2

what can I say? Sorry for losing lol. I'm ready to go to bed so I'm definitely not feeling to sharp rite now... made the same mistakes over and over again.

o well. GG and good luck with the rest of the tourney

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PSN Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. Jekki

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Blanka (Jekki); 3-2 Lyte Edge

Match 2

Same; 3-2 Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge wins, 6-4

---

Super, SUPER close matches we had there! :O In the first match, Jekki had me up by two rounds, but I managed to come back and take the match. Second round went even 1-1 in the beginning, then became HEATED for those final matches. I won by a hair both times!

Let's play again soon!

Lyte Edge

JEKKI said:
Lyte Edge peaces JEKKI out of the PS3 tournament

3-2
3-2

what can I say? Sorry for losing lol. I'm ready to go to bed so I'm definitely not feeling to sharp rite now... made the same mistakes over and over again.

o well. GG and good luck with the rest of the tourney

I know the feeling. It's 3:26 AM where I am...was pretty tired too! I left the PS3 on and freaked out when I switched back to it and saw you were online. :lol

Lyte Edge

PSN Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. FindMyFarms

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (Find); 0-3 FindMyFarms

Match 2

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (Find); 2-3 FindMyFarms

FindMyFarms wins, 6-2

---

GG man; you kicked my ass good! :lol I did AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL that first match...got my friend sitting here whining for me to take him home, so I blame him! ;)

Nice second rounds there; pretty close in the first four rounds of the second match, but you got me in the end! Be glad to play more with you in about 20 minutes after I run this fool home!

So now I'm bowing out of the tourney; enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot! Never thought I would have gotten as far along as I did...

Yeah GG's lyte edge! That's a really tricky mixup with cammy you did there with the jump in cannon spike then either throw or shoryuken thing. Sorry about the turtling btw, I didn't really know what else to do :/

My friends who were watching really liked you cuz you only picked the hot chicks haha.

Slayn, I'm coming after you!!!!!

Lyte Edge

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah GG's lyte edge! That's a really tricky mixup with cammy you did there with the jump in cannon spike then either throw or shoryuken thing. Sorry about the turtling btw, I didn't really know what else to do :/

Tourney mayne, whatever works, works!

My friends who were watching really liked you cuz you only picked the hot chicks haha.

LOL, my friend was saying the same thing. He kept saying "WTF that chick's legs are HUGE!" :lol

slayn

God damn it, I have to fight findmyfarms again?

So I will have only ever lost to one person in this tournament but lost to them twice

If not for you I think I could have totally won this tournament ;_;

slayn said:
God damn it, I have to fight findmyfarms again?

So I will have only ever lost to one person in this tournament but lost to them twice

If not for you I think I could have totally won this tournament ;_;

What's up with the defeatist attitude? I'm planning on winning, and so should you!

If it makes you feel any better, I lost my winners bracket match to GalacticAE, who also plays Balrog. So yeah, if it wasn't for Balrog players, THEN you could have won this tourney lol.

Ill have brackets updated tomorrow.. Never had a chance when I was at GDC.. and I just flew back and landed at 1:30am... fricken delays and cancellations.

slayn

so, I beat findmyfarms maybe? is bananafriends findmyfarms? Or maybe I just played some random person online :lol

slayn(blanka) vs banafriends(balrog)
slayn wins 6-1

If that was you findmyfarms, you were totally not at your A game. You let me jump in on you so much. Where were the headbutts!? =P
Its too bad about the lag in the first match.

slayn said:
so, I beat findmyfarms maybe? is bananafriends findmyfarms? Or maybe I just played some random person online :lol

slayn(blanka) vs banafriends(balrog)
slayn wins 6-1

If that was you findmyfarms, you were totally not at your A game. You let me jump in on you so much. Where were the headbutts!? =P
Its too bad about the lag in the first match.

Um, no.. haven't been online yet. j/K haha yeah that was me.

Take some credit man! You forced those mistakes and you were playing real well. The lag wouldn't have made a difference.

Anyways, if you can get past tekno, lets see if you take out the OTHER Balrog :p

**** Brackets Updated ******

GJ on Finishing the PS3 Winner and XB360 Winner Brackets

Now we work on the others! PS3 is almost complete!!

I just disqualified Denali and Cynar for taking over a week to get their match in.

So TaKerX please check your match up - You are now playing DiddyBop.

Denali

TurtleSnatcher said:
**** Brackets Updated ******

GJ on Finishing the PS3 Winner and XB360 Winner Brackets

Now we work on the others! PS3 is almost complete!!

I just disqualified Denali and Cynar for taking over a week to get their match in.

So TaKerX please check your match up - You are now playing DiddyBop.

I asked Cynar on here and on XBL a week ago and never heard from him.

All is good though.

slayn

and so the psn tournament has come to a close

slayn vs galactic AE

I won the first set. But alas, that was not enough since I was coming from the loser's bracket. Galactic turned it around and was able to take the 2nd set, thus crowning him gaf's psn champion.

Thank you, sir.

Epic matches, Slayn. Blanka can be so frustrating. Yours especially. Your crossups were getting to me. Really nice Blanka pressuring.

GalacticAE said:
Thank you, sir.

Epic matches, Slayn. Blanka can be so frustrating. Yours especially. Your crossups were getting to me. Really nice Blanka pressuring.

This was a nice warm up, but we all know it really starts once Tourney patch comes out and we start the GAF Ranbat!

Congrats on the W champ.

slayn

here is my eyeballing of the psn tournament, hopefully I did this right:

1 galacticae (balrog)
2 slayn (blanka)
3 teknopathic (sagat)
4 findmyfarms (balrog)
5 lyte edge (chun/cammy)
5 co_andy (gen)
7 jekki (blanka)
7 killa sasa (guile)

what is ranbat?

Ranking Battle. Basically, you do a tournament every few weeks and give points to the top placers. At the end of the season, you total up the points and the person with the most is the winner.

Lyte Edge

Congrats GalacticAE!!! Boxer bashed his way to the top! And congrats on second place to Slayn, who overcame his emo odds for the win in the semi-final! :lol

slayn said:
here is my eyeballing of the psn tournament, hopefully I did this right:

1 galacticae (balrog)
2 slayn (blanka)
3 teknopathic (sagat)
4 findmyfarms (balrog)
5 lyte edge (cammy)
5 co_andy (gen)
7 jekki (blanka)
7 killa sasa (guile)

what is ranbat?

I think I used Chun way more than Cammy in this tourney...

slayn said:
what is ranbat?

It's a weekly double elimination tourney with the top placers getting points. After a set period you just tally up the points the player with the most wins.

The new patch is supposedly getting a tournament mode, so this shouldn't be too hard to do if people wanna give it a try.

slayn

Killa Sasa said:
Oh snap I ranked in the top 8? Awesome :D

I still want revenge on Jekki and Slayn's green bastards:lol they're so damn good.
There will be no revenge for you because now that I've been through one tourney I'll probably retire blanka and move on to someone else ;P

Lyte Edge

gutter_trash said:
I punch myself for being late when this tourney started,
hopefully I will be more alert with gaf when the next ones gets readied

Fuck, we're all dead! :lol

CPS2

ShinAmano beat me 2-1.

He's actually banned until the 16th or 17th, so whoever plays him next, you might have to get in touch through XBL.

Ronabo

Come on TakerX and DiddyBop, play your match so I can play the winner. I haven't even touched the game since my last match.

Top Bottom