• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

kiryogi said:
Killer Sassa: 6 kiryogi: 3 I think? or was it 2.

I don't face guile enough haha. But the matches afterwards were fun. It shows that all I know how to use is Chun Li. I'd like to learn Dictator more later but still gotta learn her XD

Yeah gg's man. Chun's legs are vicious :lol. I need to learn how to play her, all I really know right now are Guile, and a progessing Ken/Ryu.

Anytime you need a sparring partner, I'm there.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
C- Warrior, you around? I sent you a message on XBL yesterday, but haven't heard from you yet.

CPS2

I think we need a lot more DQs. The brackets haven't moves for several days. My last match was 10 days ago!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
hey cool, I actually have a match.

Evil ways, will you be free tonight? I don't think I will have any plans after work. Saturday night I am busy.

Grifter

Hey Turtle, I've been waiting on a couple of matches in my bracket but unless there's progress by tonight, I won't be able to play again until next Wed. since I'll be out of town. Just wanted to let you know in case I approach a DQ. =)

GrayFoxPL

hwateber said:
reporting the results of my match against GrayFoxPL. I won 2-1. Good games dude, your honda is vicious!

Good games. I could beat your Rog but couldn't touch Zangief. I'll never get the timing right to punish lariat! :lol

Let him pass TurtleSnatcher!

GrayFoxPL said:
Good games. I could beat your Rog but couldn't touch Zangief. I'll never get the timing right to punish lariat! :lol

Let him pass TurtleSnatcher!
I will

I didnt update brackets last night so hwateber is through.

Lyte Edge said:
C- Warrior, you around? I sent you a message on XBL yesterday, but haven't heard from you yet.

Agreed..

2nd round matchups need to finish by tomorrow evening. (Loser and Winner Brackets)

Or else I will DQ.

If you have a sufficent reason then please post so I can skip over it.

Grifter - Noted. You should be okay.

Lyte Edge

XBL Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. C- Warrior

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Guile (C-); 3-1 Lyte

Match 2

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (C-); 3-2 Lyte

Lyte Edge 6, C- Warrior 3

--

Good games man, especially that Chun vs. Boxer battle! You really figured out my strategy FAST and came right back to one hell of a close fight!

Lyte Edge

Corkscrewblow and I probably won't get to have our next match until Sunday. Tomorrow might be possible but unsure. Hope that's okay, TurtleSnatcher.

slayn

blanka's the only character I can be good with because I have terrible execution ;)
I just played akachan and couldn't pull off an ultra to save my life

slayn

I just play with the ds3.

I despise sticks. Considered buying a sf gamepad but didn't want to spend the money.

Enk

makes good threads.
Archie said:
Archie v. Enk

Archie won with something like 9-7. Some intense shit.
I got really stupid on that last part of the Bison/Blanka match. I didn't realize at first that Blanka's Ultra was an overhead and when I finally learned to block it as such on the last round I misjudged its timing and slid into it. Had I waited a second longer that match would've been mine. Great games though. One of the few times I've played a decent Blanka player.

slayn said:
blanka's the only character I can be good with because I have terrible execution ;)
I just played akachan and couldn't pull off an ultra to save my life

Wellity, wellity, wellity. Now I can get my revenge for being put in the next dimension by slayn :D Can't play tonight, but might be able to tomorrow, slayn.

The green bastard will know what sweet revenge tastes like very soon :D I'm going to eat Blanka's children.

TurtleSnatcher said:
*****Brackets Updated******

Motion Picture Soundtrack vs sonicspear64 ?? WTF - Hurry the fucking shit up. DQ'd tomorrow if nothing.
Eh, I dunno. He hasn't been online for almost a week. I'll just forfeit and move to losers to prevent DQ since I've been pretty busy myself.

Teknopathetic vs. CO_Andy

3-0
3-0

Teknopathetic wins.

GG, CO_Andy, we got some good games in after too! Never actually played a human Seth before, you seem to have a pretty decent handle on him.

GalacticAE and Jekki, yall having your match anytime soon?

And just GREAT at Teknopathetic winning his match, whoever comes out of our bracket (and gonna be playing either as Boxer or Blanka) has to go up against a Sagat :(

CO_Andy

Never played a completely defensive Sagat; Tekno tore me a new one :(

So much for going through this entire tourney with only 1 win lol

slayn

slayn wins against killa sasa, but damn was it intense. Your guile has become much stronger dude. Well played.

I had to completely re-arrange my tactics for the final set after you started nailing me with the air throw.

edit:
final score was about 9-6 I think
it went:
3-2
1-3
3-1

but I have a bad memory so I could be wrong. Not sure if anyone is actually keeping track of these specifics though.

Lyte Edge

PSN Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. CorkScrewBlow

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (Cork); 3-2 Lyte

Match 2

Same characters; 3-1 Lyte

Lyte Edge Wins, 6-3

---

This was our second time matching up in this tourney, and just as INTENSE as before. Cork, you're definitely one of my favorite people to play against! :)

I think if I was Cammy, I would have been raped by Cork's Rog, so I stayed as Chun. Actually I think my Cammy skills have gone way down; really need to practice up, but I'm finding Chun-Li more fun to use at the moment. Would like to start getting into using Rose more often. I got beat the fuck down by a 4500 BP Rose player right before Cork and I played; he was amazing with her.

slayn said:
slayn wins against killa sasa, but damn was it intense. Your guile has become much stronger dude. Well played.

I had to completely re-arrange my tactics for the final set after you started nailing me with the air throw.

edit:
final score was about 9-6 I think
it went:
3-2
1-3
3-1

but I have a bad memory so I could be wrong. Not sure if anyone is actually keeping track of these specifics though.
I wish I used Rog just so i could say MAH FIGHT MONAAAYYYYYYYY :(

Pretty sure you got the scores right.
Best matches ever. You stopped jumping, and i was so thirsty for air throw that i whiffed it a couple times :lol. Just awesome. Blanka is beastly (captain obvious here), but I thought I had finally solved him, only for him to get even stronger.

I feel like Vegeta being beaten by Goku :( But damn, we'll fight again. i MUST redeem myself after being toasted for the 2nd time by you, haha.

I really wish I had set up some recording stuff.

I just DQ'd some people to progress the bracket..

Please check your matchups.

(I hate everyone who just gave up on this tournament especially early on. It pisses me off because I can't even participate in my own tournament and these farkers just wasted a slot I could have played in.. ARGH)

CPS2

Can I play Archie? Been waiting almost 2 weeks...

I'd like to see these tourneys continue, but yeah a lot more people sign up than are willing to check the thread every other day. A lot of them just assumed it was single elimination =/

TurtleSnatcher said:

I just DQ'd some people to progress the bracket..

Please check your matchups.

(I hate everyone who just gave up on this tournament especially early on. It pisses me off because I can't even participate in my own tournament and these farkers just wasted a slot I could have played in.. ARGH)
What the hell?! I'm trying to be the nice guy and forfeit, but you're gonna DQ me anyway?! An explanation is in order, kind sir! D:

ShinAmano

I managed to sneak by Jirotrom's Balrog last night. Good games.

Edit: I sent a FR and message to plaidtopia as it looks like our paths cross next.

sonicspear64 said:
What the hell?! I'm trying to be the nice guy and forfeit, but you're gonna DQ me anyway?! An explanation is in order, kind sir! D:
You even said you barely have enough time to play. Your "solution" doesn't make this tourney faster or provide others waiting on you a good solution. Instead we are STILL waiting on you just in the losers bracket. Not to mention you want me to advance a guy who you even say hasn't been on in the last week farther in the Winners bracket?? What the heck are you thinking?

Either be in the winners bracket or just be DQ'd period. And ACTUALLY PLAY.

Your choice.

Sorry but I'm running this shit with an Iron Fist.. You are wasting my time and others by not committing 15 minutes to play these people or to come in here and say they aren't. This "I dont have enough time stuff" should have been thought about before everyone signed up.

I can understand a few but now almost half our participants are dropping out which just pisses me off.

*Insert massive anger here*

UC1 said:
Can I play Archie? Been waiting almost 2 weeks...

I'd like to see these tourneys continue, but yeah a lot more people sign up than are willing to check the thread every other day. A lot of them just assumed it was single elimination =/

I'll check to see how long they've had and see if I can DQ them.. Im sure I can but want to double check.

ShinAmano said:
I managed to sneak by Jirotrom's Balrog last night. Good games.

Edit: I sent a FR and message to plaidtopia as it looks like our paths cross next.
Looking forward to it! I've been sitting here for some time now ...

I actually have the hardest time with shotos, of all things, with Sagat, so this should be interesting. :D

Ronabo

Looking at the updated bracket it's impossible for me to have an opponent since there wasn't a loser (DQ'ed) to go to me (A4)

So do I get a pass to _dementia?

TurtleSnatcher said:
You even said you barely have enough time to play. Your "solution" doesn't make this tourney faster or provide others waiting on you a good solution. Instead we are STILL waiting on you just in the losers bracket. Not to mention you want me to advance a guy who you even say hasn't been on in the last week farther in the Winners bracket?? What the heck are you thinking?

Either be in the winners bracket or just be DQ'd period. And ACTUALLY PLAY.

Your choice.
I choose death to be in winners!

Ronabo said:
Looking at the updated bracket it's impossible for me to have an opponent since there wasn't a loser (DQ'ed) to go to me (A4)

So do I get a pass to _dementia?
Move on Ronabo. Thanks for pointing that out. I will correct it tonight.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hey TurtleSnatcher, UC1 and I already played our tourney match since we assumed the other guys were gonna get DQ'ed.

Match 1

UC 1 wins 3-2

Match 2

Archie wins 3-2

Match 3

UC1 wins 3-2

UC wins 2 matches out of 3. GGs dude. I probably could have chipped my way to victory in that last round if I didn't fuck up the input for Blanka's ultra, lol.

JEKKI

hey has anyone ever heard that one song that goes like

IN-DE-STRUCTABLE~!!

anyone??

well... me and Galactic had our match for the PS3 tournament, and it was kinda like that song, except the words were like

UN-CON-NECTABLE~!!

so TurtleS man... please advise how you would like that matchup to proceed.

If you don't kno what to do, I can gracefully forfeit myself into loser's.

Top Bottom