• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Brobzoid - Raging Spaniard 6 - 2 (I think...)
Sorry about the mess with rounds etc after the DC. :\ GGs though, I can't for the life of me play non-charge characters anymore :( I used to rock the house in 3s with Akuma...

_dementia vs. scissorfight

_dementia wins 6-1

GGs scissorfight, just work on punishing blocked dash punches and using Sagat's overhead once you're in my face and I'm crouchblocking/building charge.

i just got raped. you have a great boxer.

thanks for the tips. i've only played friends matches so far, i guess i should hop into some random matches and get my ass beat for a while to try and get better.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Judderman vs. Vagrant

Judderman wins 6-1

Good games man, Cammy players make me nervous beyond belief, I usually get flustered by her priority. Good luck in the rest of the tourney :D

Awesome progress tonight guys.

Lots of new matchups.

******BRACKETS UPDATED********

CcrooK said:
Ccrook vs Grifter (0 - 6)

Grifter is a beast! Put shame to my game :( Aw well. Off to the losers bracket!

I'm already betting my money that Grifter wins this tourney.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jiro says Wednesday. I doubt I'll be able to make it though, so you can pull me out. I just got an influx of school work. :/

Vagrant

Judderman said:
Judderman vs. Vagrant

Judderman wins 6-1

Good games man, Cammy players make me nervous beyond belief, I usually get flustered by her priority. Good luck in the rest of the tourney :D

Good games. I could definitely use a lot of improvement when it comes to facing Balrog. Thanks for the tips, and good luck with the tournament.

LowParry

TurtleSnatcher said:

Lots of new matchups.

I have no doubts about that at all. His Abel...good lord.

Grifter

TurtleSnatcher said:

Lots of new matchups.

Hey...easy there. We've never even played SF4. :lol

yurinka

I was late, so I couldn't fight vs CO_Andy. I almost don't have time to play, and it's hard to find time to play with people of distant time zones.
He wins. I dropped. Sorry guys.

in the rematch Killa Sasa defeats Eraldo Coil

3-1, 3-2

great games.....good luck in the rest of the tourney man!!!!:D

welp its been fun guys!!!!!

Ronabo

Ronabo defeats cool jon bones. 2 Games to 1

The first match Ronabo had crappy default pad setup. Cool Jon Bones being the cool guy that he is let me change my config after he beat me in the first match. We had good games. I was worried about facing Guile.

JEKKI

XBOX results!!

JEKKI vs JUDDERMAN

JEKKI wins 6-2

GGs man, Rog always scares me.

GalacticAE said:
I still haven't gotten hold of JEKKI. His friends list is full and he hasn't replied to my message.
lol my friends list is full?!?!

anyway sorry Galactic man, havent played PS3 in a minute... I'll turn it out and see whats up

-EDIT-

lol Galactic, I jus deleted a small handful of random friends and counted my leftover, I only got 30 ppl!!

I tried to send u a friend request, it's you who's list is full!!!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
JEKKI said:
XBOX results!!

JEKKI vs JUDDERMAN

JEKKI wins 6-2

GGs man, Rog always scares me.

GGs, my mind went completely blank and it felt like I forgot how to fight Blanka (Or even play as Boxer) :lol

Good luck in the rest of the tourney :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PSN Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. AkachanNingen

Match 1:

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Blanka (Aka); 3-0 Lyte

Match 2:

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Aka); 2-3; Aka

Match 3

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Aka); 3-0 Lyte

Lyte Edge, 8; AkachanNingen 3

---

Good games man! That second match was AWESOME. Major comeback!

I'm glad we got to play some more after the tourney matches too. You play a mean Sakura and taught me a few new tricks with her! :)

---

I've been confused about the way this tournament is set up, BTW. I thought it was the best of six rounds, but that really didn't make much sense after the second match I had with Aka... :lol

Lyte Edge said:

Lyte Edge Vs. AkachanNingen

Match 1:

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Blanka (Aka); 3-0 Lyte

Match 2:

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Aka); 2-3; Aka

Match 3

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Aka); 3-0 Lyte

Lyte Edge, 8; AkachanNingen 3

---

Good games man! That second match was AWESOME. Major comeback!

I'm glad we got to play some more after the tourney matches too. You play a mean Sakura and taught me a few new tricks with her! :)

---

I've been confused about the way this tournament is set up, BTW. I thought it was the best of six rounds, but that really didn't make much sense after the second match I had with Aka... :lol

Good games. I love how in that last round I had sakura's ultra setup perfectly and I accidentally taunted. awesome.

oh well, let's play again some time.

kiryogi

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
Hey Eraldo_Coil, are you okay to play sometime tonight? I should be good to go around 8pm EST onwards.

Looks like you and me next! When is good for you? I'm going snowboarding tomorrow, and have work the next morning. But maybe during the night? I dunno.

CO_Andy said:
Whipped up on only one person and i'm already near the finals :(
ez ride fo joo.

Though you will have some good competition I guarantee it. Some of these guys are really good :)

*********UPDATED BRACKETS*********

Some guys who lost late in the winner bracket have some waiting to do! :lol

EraldoCoil said:
in the rematch Killa Sasa defeats Eraldo Coil

3-1, 3-2

great games.....good luck in the rest of the tourney man!!!!:D

welp its been fun guys!!!!!

Yeah awesome games man, I ate some more shamwows :lol. I think I have an addiction to eating Ultras :S

Kiryogi: Thursday evening right now looks ok... but it will have to be after/before the Office and 30 Rock :p Those win over Street Fighter.

Unless it's not possible any other time.

MoxManiac

Okay lyte, looks like it's you and me now. I've leveled up my game since we last played so I think you will be in for a better fight this time around!

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
Okay lyte, looks like it's you and me now. I've leveled up my game since we last played so I think you will be in for a better fight this time around!

:O

evil ways

evil ways beat Sanjay

(3-1) (1-3) (3-2)

Awesome set of matches, man I hate Blanka, I couldn't hit Abel's crouching FK worth shit.

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. MoxManiac

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Mox); 3-2

Match 2

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Rufus (Mox); 3-0

Lyte Edge 6, MoxManiac 2

---

Very close matches all around; you've definitely stepped up your game! :O I on the other hand played incredibly sloppy tonight. Dunno what was wrong with me; felt like a complete clueless scrub in the some the player matches we had following. :/ Too much Tomb Raider and Resident Evil lately, I guess.

Really enjoyed the Cammy/Vega match we had. If you're wondering, I kept trying to do her ground cannon strike that first round, and just decided to forget it and concentrate on the match after! Also loved the Gief/Gief and Abel/Abel matches! Your Rufus is FUCK AWESOME; I gotta play you more to learn up!

MoxManiac

thanks, the matches were fun. Would like to play more vs your chun, i have almost no experience with that matchup since she's suprisingly unpopular, at least on ranked from what i've seen. But let's definitely play again.

******* Brackets Updated *********

Finish before GDC :p

Since I will be out that week in San Francisco and it will save me the time of having to hand the reins over to someone while I'm out :D

EDIT: More future prizes may come at GDC at least that I grab whenever I'm not working.

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
thanks, the matches were fun. Would like to play more vs your chun, i have almost no experience with that matchup since she's suprisingly unpopular, at least on ranked from what i've seen. But let's definitely play again.

Yeah, haven't come across many other Chun players myself. Then again I haven't come across many players outside of all the Ryu/Ken/Akuma (sometimes Sagat) scrubs. -_-

Rufus is still new to me to play against, even after all this time. I've been wanting to play with you more, but you haven't been on when I have lately...

LowParry

TurtleSnatcher said:
******* Brackets Updated *********

Finish before GDC :p

Since I will be out that week in San Francisco and it will save me the time of having to hand the reins over to someone while I'm out :D

EDIT: More future prizes may come at GDC at least that I grab whenever I'm not working.

Oh damn, when is GDC again?

GrayFoxPL

Still didn't hear anything from hwateber. I sent him friend invite and pm and nothing. Last time I checked he didn't log on ps3 for 41 hours.

He doesn't know(but I informed him twice) or doesn't care that we should fight.

GrayFoxPL said:
Still didn't hear anything from hwateber. I sent him friend invite and pm and nothing. Last time I checked he didn't log on ps3 for 41 hours.

He doesn't know(but I informed him twice) or doesn't care that we should fight.
I will DQ him tonight.

CcrooK said:
Oh damn, when is GDC again?

Week of the 23rd.

Lince

Banned
yeah finally got my 10 ranked wins in a row trophy! after that went player match and this guy humiliated me with every single fighter in the rooster...

kiryogi

Banned
Killer Sassa: 6 kiryogi: 3 I think? or was it 2.

I don't face guile enough haha. But the matches afterwards were fun. It shows that all I know how to use is Chun Li. I'd like to learn Dictator more later but still gotta learn her XD

Top Bottom