• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TurtleSnatcher said:
You even said you barely have enough time to play. Your "solution" doesn't make this tourney faster or provide others waiting on you a good solution. Instead we are STILL waiting on you just in the losers bracket. Not to mention you want me to advance a guy who you even say hasn't been on in the last week farther in the Winners bracket?? What the heck are you thinking?

Either be in the winners bracket or just be DQ'd period. And ACTUALLY PLAY.

Your choice.

Sorry but I'm running this shit with an Iron Fist.. You are wasting my time and others by not committing 15 minutes to play these people or to come in here and say they aren't. This "I dont have enough time stuff" should have been thought about before everyone signed up.

I can understand a few but now almost half our participants are dropping out which just pisses me off.

*Insert massive anger here*

I'll check to see how long they've had and see if I can DQ them.. Im sure I can but want to double check.

All online tournies have a high drop rate. The Samsho tournies heavenly spirits had a few years back also had a high drop rate.

ShinAmano destroyed me, 1-3, 1-3. I just feel lucky to have gotten a couple rounds in. :lol

GGs and g'luck the rest of the tourney, dude!

JEKKI said:
hey has anyone ever heard that one song that goes like

IN-DE-STRUCTABLE~!!

anyone??

well... me and Galactic had our match for the PS3 tournament, and it was kinda like that song, except the words were like

UN-CON-NECTABLE~!!

so TurtleS man... please advise how you would like that matchup to proceed.

If you don't kno what to do, I can gracefully forfeit myself into loser's.
Jekki

You are now in C3 Losers Bracket.

Sorry about your misfortune there..

ShinAmano

plaidtopia said:
ShinAmano destroyed me, 1-3, 1-3. I just feel lucky to have gotten a couple rounds in. :lol

GGs and g'luck the rest of the tourney, dude!
Good games man...it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. Hit me up for some random games sometime.

Edit: Sent JEKKI a FR.

All I have to say is damn...After Chun Li I go from Balrog -> Sagat -> Blanka...seriously the three I have the hardest time with :lol

TurtleSnatcher,

Just wanna give a heads up. I'm out of town for spring break (don't get back until monday) and don't have my ps3 with me. I'm trying to play the match on a friend of mines, but if I can't, I won't be able to til Monday.

If you're wondering about my commitment, I played my first 4 matches within 3 days, and got to the quarter finals before anyone else(it's been 2 weeks since my last game), so you can trust me that if I don't get the match played this week, it will definitely be played by Monday.

Just don't wanna get dq'ed :)

sonicspear64 said:
TurtleSnatcher, you need to point stuff out. You never told me I was DQ'd, but I am. I didn't get to play single match. I blame you... :mad:
I think I was more or so confused with your "striked out" post that I still read into the word.

Either way.. if BobbyConover and RubxCube don't play in the next 24 hours then I will move you into the D4 Losers Bracket, which is equivalent to the one you would have been if you did take your original request of forfeit (You would have been in A4).

Lets give it 24 hours.

FindMyFarms said:
TurtleSnatcher,

Just wanna give a heads up. I'm out of town for spring break (don't get back until monday) and don't have my ps3 with me. I'm trying to play the match on a friend of mines, but if I can't, I won't be able to til Monday.

If you're wondering about my commitment, I played my first 4 matches within 3 days, and got to the quarter finals before anyone else(it's been 2 weeks since my last game), so you can trust me that if I don't get the match played this week, it will definitely be played by Monday.

Just don't wanna get dq'ed :)

You won't. You have been pretty much keeping on top of the thread which I appreciate.

FYI I leave for GDC on Sunday. I will of course have my laptop with me but I won't be able to update as frequently.. I may be able to update every other day when I get back to my hotel room

If we can somehow take the grand champion of the 360 and PS3 brackets to fight off at the end.. I can add in a bonus prize.. Maybe an autographed Resident Evil 5 art cell.

Ronabo

I've been trying to play _dementia but haven't been able to. He's been on playing SFIV when I've been on playing something else. Yesterday he was playing SFIV but entertaining friends.

I just wanna fight. Win or lose.

Ronabo said:
I've been trying to play _dementia but haven't been able to. He's been on playing SFIV when I've been on playing something else. Yesterday he was playing SFIV but entertaining friends.

I just wanna fight. Win or lose.
I'll be on in 5 :)

scratch that, I'll be on in 20

EDIT: aaand I guess you signed off for the night?
Oh well, I'll be online at around 10PM EST tomorrow.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TIMEDOG DEFEATS JIROTROM 2-0

Then after that we played some more matches and he was kicking my ass, i think he caught on to my style. Let's do this lyte edge!

Ronabo

_dementia said:
I'll be on in 5 :)

scratch that, I'll be on in 20

EDIT: aaand I guess you signed off for the night?
Oh well, I'll be online at around 10PM EST tomorrow.

I'll be on 10pm EST. Just message me when you are ready.

Thanks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Timedog said:
TIMEDOG DEFEATS JIROTROM 2-0

Then after that we played some more matches and he was kicking my ass, i think he caught on to my style. Let's do this lyte edge!

That's on tree-sitty, right? Just send me a message on Live and let me know when you can play!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Stole One from Grifter 1-3, 3-1, 3-1

Didn't really deserve it, he was better, but copying Saqs works.

Grifter

arstal said:
Stole One from Grifter 1-3, 3-1, 3-1

Didn't really deserve it, he was better, but copying Saqs works.

GGs! Need to learn to handle Rose's mixup so I'm not fooled all day. :lol

I actually stopped between games to check if I had left uTorrent on. The lag was unexpected for 3 bars and I missed a bunch of wake-up moves that would've won me rounds but that's completely my fault for not adjusting to it.

Ronabo

Yeah, you forgot to mention I'm a super nice guy too. :)

I was up 1-0 and about to take the second match when XBL took a shit.

We are gonna start fresh next time we can meet. Most likely Saturday.

I really hate paying for a service that goes shitty sometimes.

Lyte Edge

XBL Losers' Bracket Match

Lyte Edge Vs. Timedog

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Ryu (Time); 3-0 Lyte Edge

Match 2

Same; 3-0 Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge 6, Timedog 0

---

Good games, Timedog. The last round of the first match was pretty intense! What happened in match two?? o_O

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge beats timedog a billion to zero.

I just gave up. Can't fight a character like Chun when there's bad lag, her moves are too quick with too much range. Pretty much couldn't block anything on reaction.

Last round of match 1 accidentally hit my ultra and got punished.

Lyte Edge

Timedog said:
Lyte Edge beats timedog a billion to zero.

I just gave up. Can't fight a character like Chun when there's bad lag, her moves are too quick with too much range. Pretty much couldn't block anything on reaction.

Last round of match 1 accidentally hit my ultra and got punished.

I didn't have any lag. Were you in a party? That might have been why.

Denali

Cynar, you available at any particular times?

I'm really unsure of what my playtimes may be over the weekend - but I may be on later tonight. You can send me a request on XBL if you happen to be on - Dena1i. Note the "1".

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lyte Edge said:
I didn't have any lag. Were you in a party? That might have been why.

i wasn't in a party. It's okay though, it's what you have to deal with with an online tournament. It's probably a host thing. Saqs said he felt lag against me when i was hosting and I didn't feel any.

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. Judderman

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (Judd); 3-2 Lyte Edge

Match 2

Same; 1-3 Judderman

Match 3

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Balrog (Judd); 3-0 Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge wins, 7-5

---

Good matches man! Pretty intense battles with Chun-Li versus Balrog! I had to switch to Cammy and hope that I could get you with her...wasn't sure what was going to happen and ended up turtling hardcore.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Lyte Edge said:
Good matches man! Pretty intense battles with Chun-Li versus Balrog! I had to switch to Cammy and hope that I could get you with her...wasn't sure what was going to happen and ended up turtling hardcore.

Good games, Cammy may be my weakest matchup b/c I have no idea how to apply pressure against her : /

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. UC1

Match 1

Chun Vs. Chun; 0-3 UC1

Match 2

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Chun (UC1); 3-1 Lyte Edge

Match 3

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Chun (UC1); 1-3 UC1

UC1 Wins, 7-4

---

Fun matches; a bit of lag from playing between two countries, but that just made it more heated! UC1 got my Chun good; I kept jumping right into his EX SBK over and over, dunno why! :lol Really enjoyed the Cammy vs. Chun matches...evened things up in match two, but UC1 killed me in the final match!

Hope we can play again soon man, that was great!

Just the PSN tournament for me now...

CPS2

GGs man! You played pretty safe most of the time and had good mixups, I was pretty worried about your Cammy and didn't realise I couldn't throw after blocking cannon spike from the air in the 2nd game. Eventually figured out what to do, then you switched your game up!

Lyte Edge

UC1 said:
GGs man! You played pretty safe most of the time and had good mixups, I was pretty worried about your Cammy and didn't realise I couldn't throw after blocking cannon spike from the air in the 2nd game. Eventually figured out what to do, then you switched your game up!

I didn't know that you could do Chun's Ultra after the b+mk, mk, d,u+mk combo...is that generally reliable? If so I'm gonna start using it! :D

Even though I'm a Chun-Li user, I don't have much experience fighting against her in SF4, so it was pretty tough for me! Some stuff I knew to expect, others just threw me way off guard, and I love playing these kinds of matches so it rocked!

CPS2

Lyte Edge said:
I didn't know that you could do Chun's Ultra after the b+mk, mk, d,u+mk combo...is that generally reliable? If so I'm gonna start using it! :D

Even though I'm a Chun-Li user, I don't have much experience fighting against her in SF4, so it was pretty tough for me! Some stuff I knew to expect, others just threw me way off guard, and I love playing these kinds of matches so it rocked!

Yeah that's the easiest way to land it imo, I whiffed because if there's a bit of lag they tend to fall a bit far, it has to be done when they're head height. Also you weren't close enough to the corner so I kinda buggered it up really bad >_> The only hard part is landing the upkicks.

EX legs is much safer, but the timing is a little harder, and double fierce is tricky if they don't jump that much.

*****BRACKETS UPDATED******

I leave for GDC tomorrow afternoon. I won't be back home until Friday late night. I will try to update via my hotel room during the nights with my laptop.

Ronabo

Ronabo defeats CcrooK (EWGodFist) 2-0

The matches were incredible. Super close rounds. I won the final round of the second match by Ultra, the only one I landed. Ccrook kept landing his making the matches very tight.

I wish I had video of the matches.

We will play again another time.

LowParry

Ronabo vs CcrooK (6 - 4)

I gotta say. I don't get to play too many Zang's but damn, the throws he does just adds a little frustration and pressure. Overall a very very fun match. It came down to the last wire that I needed the win on the second play and he lands an Ultra on me. Very good job Ronabo!

Edit: Wish my wake up Ultras did a little more damage but damn, you just can't contend with those throws! :lol

Keep playing guys and gals!

Im gonna update the bracket when a few more matches get in. I can update from my laptop at the hotel during the evenings.

Lyte Edge

ShinAmano said:
Jekki...you out there man? Been waiting over a week to get the matches in and have not heard anything.

Any word yet? I think I'm supposed to play the winner.

Top Bottom