• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Throwback: Aloy looks a little off.......

I'm a serious meat-eater, cow/camel/goat milk drinker, bad cholesterol consumer. Vegans hate me.

Well, there must be something in that meat then since it's not normal for a straight man to defend replacing beautiful women with ugly ones in AAA games, for Western men i could understand because the liberal agenda is washing their brains 24/7 but someone like you that was raised in our culture where our prophet said about God that he is Beautiful and he loves beautiful things, defending the liberal agenda of "ugly is good" is something i can't understand. or do you just want to fit in?

Reposting again to prove her face is off

unknown.png

Anita SARKESSIAN worked on face design? Lol

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
her face looked stupid in the first game especially in that snow dlc they did, looks like the new look is not improved either.

Holammer

Well, she looks a bit older (25 range). Hopefully it's not a case of making her bloated & ugly on purpose because conventional beauty oppresses whamen reasons.
If they intend to age her as they go along, make her a milf in the third game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well, there must be something in that meat then since it's not normal for a straight man to defend replacing beautiful women with ugly ones in AAA games, for Western men i could understand because the liberal agenda is washing their brains 24/7 but someone like you that was raised in our culture where our prophet said about God that he is Beautiful and he loves beautiful things, defending the liberal agenda of "ugly is good" is something i can't understand. or do you just want to fit in?

Because in my life I know many women that look "ugly" in comparison and still love them. It's natural to focus in the essence than shell beauty. We love beauty but I also hate sexualization for money in games, sports, media, movies.

Aloy is a beautiful woman, or at least above average. Maybe spend sometime looking at all women you know, like family members and relatives, or other women, you'll definitely find some are considered "ugly" to be protagonist. Also God made those so-called "ugly" women, they didn't make themselves so your argument is pretty shallow.

Good luck calling every women that's not a stereotype model ugly in real life, that will make you infamous indeed.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am sure all of you "OMG INTERNET SO MEAN TO ALOY" types hate watching movies with, hmmm.... let see

Ohh shit, yall don't watch movies at all do you?!?! I mean, heaven forbid your eyes gaze upon sluts....aka attractive women!

We should have the same standards for games characters, that we do for our movie stars. That doesn't mean a "Monster" doesn't come along every now and again, but Jesus Christo give me the real Charlize 95% of the time!

Last edited:
I am sure all of you "OMG INTERNET SO MEAN TO ALOY" types hate watching movies with, hmmm.... let see

ohh shit, yall don't watch movies at all do you?!?! I mean, heaven forbid your eyes gaze upon sluts....sluts I say!

We should have the same standards for games, that we do for our movie stars. That doesn't mean a "Monster" doesn't come along every now and again, but jesus christ give me the real Charlize 95% of the time!

I’m more of a Betty White guy myself.

Because in my life I know many women that look "ugly" in comparison and still love them. It's natural to focus in the essence than shell beauty. We love beauty but I also hate sexualization for money in games, sports, media, movies.

Aloy is a beautiful woman, or at least above average. Maybe spend sometime looking at all women you know, like family members and relatives, or other women, you'll definitely find some are considered "ugly" to be protagonist. Also God made those so-called "ugly" women, they didn't make themselves so your argument is pretty shallow.

Good luck calling every women that's not a stereotype model ugly in real life, that will make you infamous indeed.

Lmao did you just compare an ugly digital woman made by a multimillion dollar company with the women in your family and you think that you should accept Aloy because you accept the women in your family?!! broooo you are too far gone at this point, i pray for your soul

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Lmao did you just compare an ugly digital woman made by a multimillion dollar company with the women in your family and you think that you should accept Aloy because you accept the women in your family?!! broooo you are too far gone at this point, i pray for your soul

For comparison, I skipped Neir because I don't wanna play as a stripper:

maxresdefault.jpg

Also don't like BOTW because I don't like playing as a girly male and a crossdresser:

W27RoE8.jpg

Then knew the same happening in FF7 Remake so I'll not continue the game.

final_fantasy_vii_remaike_cloud_dresses.png

Why not put the same energy in these disturbing stuff? I find most weebs are more than happy with these. Give me an ugly, modest female over that crap any day.

Also sex is the most important thing in life, but shouldn't be related to everything in life.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
lol i know he was joking, i quote him just to trigger you and as you can see, mission accomplished.
Trigger? You still don't get me, Rurouni. I even told people how I am in one of your threads you made. I would look into your thread-making history to find it and quote it here, but you've made your profile fully private. Why's that?

d96f3c7d61f3f7ce01f703b7b8bafac9.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Also don't like BOTW because I don't like playing as a girly male and a crossdresser:

W27RoE8.jpg

Why not put the same energy in this disturbing stuff? I find most weebs are more than happy with these. Give me an ugly, modest female over that crap any day.

Also sex is the most important thing in life, but shouldn't be related to anything else.

So now you don't want to play games with a woman that have a beautiful face because Link and Cloud dresses like women and their is a stripper in Nier and at the same time you want to respect Aloy because you respect the Women in your family?? i was kidding when i said that i will pray for your soul but now i really think you need all the prayer and help you can get.

Or, you could not spend money on this optional costume.
Weird, you know you are not link right? Controlling a "girly male" or "crossdresser", doesn't make you one; honestly just sounds like you are afraid those outfits might awaken something in you...
GiantAridGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So now you don't want to play games with a woman that have a beautiful face because Link and Cloud dresses like women and their is a stripper in Nier and at the same time you want to respect Aloy because you respect the Women in your family?? i was kidding when i said that i will pray for your soul but now i really think you need all the prayer and help you can get.

Yes, kid. Maybe when you start having sex in your life you'll find more peace.

Or, you could not spend money on this optional costume.

Weird, you know you are not link right? Controlling a "girly male" or "crossdresser", doesn't make you one; honestly just sounds like you are afraid those outfits might awaken something in you...
GiantAridGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

You're not Aloy as well, right? Nor Abby? But overlooking similar problems with games you "love" too much is a problem. In general, I don't like playing as a female protagonist, nor a pansy male. Ugly or beautiful isn't a problem to me because that doesn't disturb my immersion.

Immersion needs everything to fit in the lore, at least not fully but to some extent.

maxresdefault.jpg

W27RoE8.jpg

Why not put the same energy in these disturbing stuff? I find most weebs are more than happy with these. Give me an ugly, modest female over that crap any day.

Also sex is the most important thing in life, but shouldn't be related to everything in life.

So so take it you’re not a fan of Will Smith in Wild, Wild, West?

Monokrom

maxresdefault.jpg

W27RoE8.jpg

You know that the "stripper outfit" is dlc and optional? In FFVII on Playstation 1 from 1997 you also have Cloud crossdress (it's a spoof, quite harmless). Are you as easy offended by movies, tv and music too?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So so take it you’re not a fan of Will Smith in Wild, Wild, West?

Now that's hilarious. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: I think I've seen that movie. Also Will Smith doesn't look like a girl. JRPG's usually have males look so close to females that it gets confusing sometimes, and I don't like that. That's personal preference. Also most Anime have this problem of most characters look samey from across different shows that they need to make them wear wacky outfits or make drastic changes for them to stand out.

I'm just glad to have Aloy looking so distinctive and normal, while she's not ugly by any means. Well, Returnal's Selene is ugly in real life and in game is even worse, but looks fitting to the game as well so I really don't care much. If you follow the story she actually offered herself to Sony, and they put her in hold for sometime then called her back. They didn't seek her.

What's the point of this question? Are you making an assumption I have a problem controlling either character?

So you don't have a problem? Good then.

You know that the "stripper outfit" is dlc and optional? In FFVII on Playstation 1 from 1997 you also have Cloud crossdress (it's a spoof, quite harmless). Are you as easy offended by movies, tv and music too?

Didn't play the first one more than 1-2 hours then threw it away. I liked FF15 but didn't play/finish any FF game before that because they were turn-based. I get as offended by these like the ones here got offended by Aloy's look, doesn't always stop me from playing the game if it's too good to skip.

Last edited:
Why weird? Most men don't like playing with female protagonists, most females don't like playing with male protagonists. That's really natural. I play a lot of games with female protagonists, but if I get the option I always choose the male one.

Maybe the use of the words “don’t like” is what’s difficult for him. I will always choose a male protagonist over a female one myself, but I enjoy some of the female protagonists out there. I’d just much rather experience the fantasy of being an alpha male warrior.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Maybe the use of the words “don’t like” is what’s difficult for him. I will always choose a male protagonist over a female one myself, but I enjoy some of the female protagonists out there. I’d just much rather experience the fantasy of being an alpha male warrior.

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

It just doesn't click for me to be an alpha female, but won't stop me from playing if the game is good anyway. It just kills the immersion to have a pansy male or oversexualized female as the protagonist like Bayonetta, which is hot as fuck.

That's really natural
Not really, unless you are(subconsciously) self inserting yourself into the medium, instead of just taking it at face value; characters are just characters and there's no difference between john shooting someone in the head, or jane doing it.

I can understand picking your own gender when creating your own character, but skipping FF7 because cloud is in a dress for 5 seconds is just irrational bruv.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not really, unless you are(subconsciously) self inserting yourself into the medium, instead of just taking it at face value; characters are just characters and there's no difference between john shooting someone in the head, or jane doing it.

I can understand picking your own gender when creating your own character, but skipping FF7 because cloud is in a dress for 5 seconds is just irrational bruv.

I bought FF7 remake and stopped because of extreme popin, so said will continue the game when PS5 version is up. Not sure what that crossdressing is all about as it's out of context to me right now as I just stopped at that bar where you meet that girl he loves with the other crew.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Also about Neir, more problematic to me is that text reading with on voice acting that most JRPG's have then they bitch when people don't buy their games when they're sold at full price head-to-head with other games that spend up to hundreds of millions in production value, and even to localize dialogue/subtitles in many languages.

It was so exhausting to me in the Yakuza games in side missions, even though the voice was in Japanese. Grunts with text are soul-less shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom