• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2016 Thread: Fail Of The Year

Yeah, I've thought about it a bit more and I'm switching my 1. to Palmer Luckey. Real world consequences are far worse than just a bad game.

Aaron D.

1. Palmer Luckey

NMS is obviously going to win based on what I've seen of this thread and that's fucking embarrassing IMO. No Man's Sky was just a disappointing and overhyped game, whereas Palmer Luckey's shittery had real world consequences.

Vote-shaming people is so lame.

Thud

1. Zero Time Dilemma - The whole drama. People had preorders for over a year and still had to wait weeks to even get the game. It didn't stop there as the watches were ripped off and shipped seperately months after the initial release. While fans were still waiting, Aksys sold off some of the watches at some event. When the watches were finally delivered, a lot of these were still broken... yes the whole reason they got pulled.

I mean I've finished the game quite some time ago and I have the watches, but I'm still pissed off at how they handled the whole situation. Aksys can get my fail of the year and I'm not buying anything from them again.

No Man's Sky creator Sean Murray also deserves that L, but I was watching this unfold from the sideline so it doesn't get my #1 spot.

There were plenty of shitty things in gaming this year. This is just the one I was involved with.

Megatron

I really don't see how no man's sky is running away with this. Didn't it sell a million copies in the first week? It may have disappointed critically, but financially it was a success. Gearbox would trade places with hello games in a SECOND.

1. Battleborn
2. Street Fighter V

I really don't see how no man's sky is running away with this. Didn't it sell a million copies in the first week? It may have disappointed critically, but financially it was a success. Gearbox would trade places with hello games in a SECOND.

1. Battleborn
2. Street Fighter V

We're gamers, we don't give a shit if the game made Murray rich. The game played bad and looked bad, along with a ton of lies and missing features.

1. No Man's Sky

Euron

1. No Man's Sky

And it's not even close. It'll be just like last year with Konami and this award is very well deserved. Yes I understand that they're an indie team but when you sell a game for $60 and it doesn't have even half of what you said would be in it, you deserve the backlash you get.

1. The Last Guardian

Sacred Cow which is given a wide berth here, despite glaring problems. The review thread was embarrassing with it's excuses to ignore valid criticism. i.e: Jim Sterling doesn't know anything, just saying what people predicted (eh, yeah, because it's a real issue guys).

Didn't enjoy it, wasted my time. Loved ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Regiruler

1. The Last Guardian

Sacred Cow which is given a wide berth here, despite glaring problems. The review thread was embarrassing with it's excuses to ignore valid criticism. i.e: Jim Sterling doesn't know anything, just saying what people predicted (eh, yeah, because it's a real issue guys).

Didn't enjoy it, wasted my time. Loved ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

I really don't think this one is fair. With a development time that long, it was clearly having problems. Fan demand was for the game to come out, regardless of state.

Fuz

Banned
1. Street Fighter V

No Man's Sky will surely win, but I don't think it deserves it. Not because it isn't a bad game but because it was easy to predict it would have been what it ended to be.

I want to go with No Man's Sky for being an utter lie and very shit, but there are plenty of actual scandals in the industry. One annoying fail that affected me:

1. Zero Time Dilemma

The fact that I ordered it in July 2015 and still haven't received my copy, and the game's story being compellingly unaware of what made the prior two great, lead me to list it here.

Refyref

1. Street Fighter V

Or more specifically, the rootkit update. The fact that almost no one called Capcom out for actually installing malware on people's computers was a huge "fail", as this thread would have it.

Top Bottom