• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2014 Awards - All about the games [Voting ends Jun 15th 23:59]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Bloodborne
3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
4. Super Smash Bros Wii U
5. The Order 1886
6. Zelda Wii U
7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
8. Destiny
9. MGS V: The Phantom Pain
10. Final Fantasy Theatrythm Curtain Call

Josman

1.- Bloodborne
2.- Arkham Knight
3.- MGS V
4.- The Witcher 3
5.- Zelda U
6.- No Man's Sky
7.- Uncharted 4
8.- Destiny
9.- Splatoon
10.-Smash

J-Rzez

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3
4. Destiny
5. DriveClub
6. The Division
7. No Man's Sky
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Rainbow 6
10. Far Cry 4

hydruxo

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  2. Batman Arkham Knight
  3. Assassins Creed Unity
  4. Far Cry 4
  5. Destiny
  6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  7. Evolve
  8. Sunset Overdrive
  9. The Divison
  10. The Order 1886

1. Splatoon
2. Smash Bros Wii-U
3. Zelda U
4. Guilty Gear Xrd
5. Phantom Dust
6. Rainbox Six: Siege
7. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
8. Ori and the Blind Forest
9. Mortal Kombat X
10. Dragon Age Inquisition

emb

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Splatoon
3. Super Smash Bros. 4
4. Bloodborne
5. Xenoblade X
6. Scalebound
7. Canvas Curse 2
8. LittleBigPlanet 3
9. Codename STEAM
10. Moral Kombat X

Zelda looked gorgeous, and seeing them go for another try at a large scope is interesting. I hope it doesn't end up empty. I'm not buying that we actually saw gameplay, but if nothing else the art style was looking fantastic!

Splatoon has a lot of inventive ideas going for it, and it all meshes together really well. I can't wait to try it out. I'd love for this to be a hit. The response so far seems overwhelmingly positive.

Smash is Smash. Just from that it gets a high place here. Surprises were light, but we got to see tons of great gameplay show cases. The nod to the Smash community was amazing too! Surreal even just watching it on stream.

Bloodborne looks like it will reinvent Dark Souls. I loved DSII, but at times it did feel like the series was going through the motions at that point. Not that it was bad, just that a lot of the conventions were becoming predictable. BB will probably fall a little into that too, but I'm just glad to see a bit of a shake up from these guys.

1) Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U
2) Legend of Zelda Wii U
3) Yoshi's Woolly World
4) Splatoon
5) Uncharted 4
6) Mortal Kombat X
7) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
8) Batman Arkham Knight
9) Mario Maker
10) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Hindl

1. Splatoon
2. Bayonetta 2 (I'm including 1 here as well)
3. Smash
4. Zelda U
5. Yoshi Wooly World
6. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
7. Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
8. LBP 3
9. Scalebound (even though I don't intend on an XBO)
10. Grim Fandango

1. No Man's Sky
2. Bloodborne
3. Batman: Arkham Kinght
4. Witcher 3
5. Scalebound
6. Metal Gear Solid V
7. Driveclub
8. Bayonetta 2
9. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
10. Lords of the fallen

Explanation:

1. This is basically what I always wanted from Mass Effect, an inmmense universe to explore. Is also a very beautiful game, a true show of what indie developers can acomplish.

2. Even with the lack of actual gameplay, the released info is enough to put this game here. Team A is back with a vengeance.

3. Astoundish gameplay on the PS4 conference, incredible fast and fun travelling, the car looks amazing, incredible graphics, etc...

4. What we saw makes it look like a more beautiful Witcher 2, which is not a bad thing at all. Combat seems to be more engaging and fun.

5. I normally wouldn't put a CG trailer here, but is a Kamiya game, is gonna be awesome.

6. Excellent trailer and the few bits of gameplay looks good enough. I'm willing to forget the disaster PW was.

7. Looks like an excellent arcade racer and looks superb to boot.

8. I have to say I'm not that impressed with was shown, it looks really fun, but is just looks like a very straight sequel from Bayo 1 with not many changes. Enough to be an excellent game, of course, but I wish it innovated a bit more from the first game formula.

9. The destruction and the possibilities it involves looks excellent. The most interesting shooter of the show.

10. The western Dark Souls, looking at the pedigree of the developer you would expect a C grade wonky game, but actually looks like a very good clone.

18-Volt

1- Bayonetta 2
2- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3- Yoshi's Woolly World
4- Code Name STEAM
5- Scalebound
6- Crackdown 3
7- Super Smash Bros Wii U
8- Kirby Rainbow Curse
9- Bloodborne
10- No Man's Sky

Jawmuncher

1.MGSV
2.Dead Island 2
3.Bloodborne
4.Super Smash Brothers
5.Halo Master Chief Collection

The real winner that doesn't get a Vote.
Regina costume in Dead Rising 3 DLC

Vodh

1. Bloodborne
2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
3. Destiny
4. No Man's Sky
5. DriveClub
6. The Division
7. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
8. Assassin's Creed: Unity
9. Batman: Arkham Knight
10. The Order: 1886

1. Zelda WiiU
2. Bloodborne
3. Splatoon
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Super Smash Bros.
6. Evolve
7. Arkham Knight
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9. Destiny
10. Dragon Age Inquisition

Freeman

Banned
1. Bloodborne
2. Uncharted 4
3. Metal Gear Solid V
4. The Order 1886
5. Dragon Age: Inquisition
6. The Witcher 3
7. The Last of Us Remastered
8. Grim Fandango
9. No Mans Sky
10. Rainbow Six: Siege.

tav7623

1. Zelda U
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Mortal Kombat X
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. MGS V
6. Super Smash Bros 4
7. Bloodborne
8. Mario Maker
9. Dead Island 2
10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Razzorn34

1. Splatoon
2. Zelda U
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Bloodborne
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X
6. Super Smash Bros. U
7. Batman: Arkham Knight
8. No Man's Sky
9. Scalebound
10. Phantom Dust

bon

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Zelda Wii U
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Super Smash Bros for Wii U
5. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
6. Yoshi's Wooly World
7. Splatoon
8. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
9. Scalebound
10. Grim Fandango

1. Destiny (PS4/XBO)

My most anticipated game of the year right now; I've spent hours watching streams of the alpha and can't wait to get my hands on the finished product. Bungie has never let me down (hey, I enjoyed Reach!) and the lore behind Destiny has already sucked me in. I have a feeling this is going to be the next big 'thing' in gaming.

2. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U)

Canvas Curse on DS is my second favorite game of all-time, so naturally I'm beyond hyped for a sequel. Seriously guys, I got a little emotional when it was announced during the Nintendo Direct, that's how much this franchise means to me.

3. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

I'm not a good smash player but I always have a blast playing, this is the ultimate party game in my opinion. Adding Mii's to the fray was a genius decision, now we can create pretty much any character we want! I'll be headed out to Best Buy tomorrow to try the game myself.

4. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4/XBO/PC)

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are two of the best games of the last generation if you ask me, and Knight looks to blow them out of the water.

5. Xenoblade X (Wii U)

Never played the Wii game but I'm a sucker for JRPGs and giant robots. Bring it on!

6. The Order 1886 (PS4)

Looks like a Gears clone in a steampunk setting. I'm okay with this.

7. No Man's Sky (PS4)

Brilliant presentation at the Sony conference, looks to have a ton of potential.

8. Metal Gear Solid V (PS4/XBO)

I've never played a Metal Gear game in my life but that trailer alone bumped it into my top 10 for best of show.

9. LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Great demo at the Sony conference, looks to be a blast with friends!

10. Splatoon (Wii U)

New IP from Nintendo, need I say more?

Camwi

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X - The trailer during Nintendo's conference left me indifferent, but the gameplay videos I saw looked awesome. I will end up buying a Wii U for this game.

2. The Witcher 3 - CD Projekt knows how to create an interesting game world, and the fact that the game is as huge and BEAUTIFUL as it is, that's a real feat in itself.

3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U - We didn't see much, but knowing that that's in-game footage makes me a happy camper. Game looks absolutely beautiful, but hopefully Nintendo mixes things up when it comes to the gameplay. Maybe make the combat more advanced, for example.

4. Bloodborne - Didn't see much, but it's From Software and the Souls series is my favorite game series of the last generation, and now one of my favorite of all time.

5. Splatoon - Biggest pleasant surprise of E3. Love the potential for complexity involved with using your paint to cut off your opponent's advancement, or spraying up walls to climb up. Nintendo needs this kind of new creativity.

6. The Division - Was my Game of E3 last year. The more they show, the more awesome the game looks.

7. Inside - The trailer is really beautiful. Shame this game didn't get more attention.

8. Sunset Overdrive - Insomniac is still one of my favorite developers, so I'm sure this game will be a blast.

9. Super Smash Bros Wii U - It's Smash Bros.

10. No Man's Sky - I'm not nearly as hyped about this game as some people, but it's definitely on my radar. No many questions left unanswered atm. What are the goals? How many variations are there to the randomly generated worlds and creatures? How do you advance through the game? Definitely seems to be an ambitious title, we just need more information on it.

ignata

1. Bloodborne
2. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
4. Lords of the Fallen
5. Mario Maker
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
7. Alien Isolation
8. Cuphead
9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
10. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

ShodanMAN

1) Witcher 3
2) The Evil Within
3) Bloodborne
4) MGS V: The Phantom Pain
5) Batman: Arkham Knight
6) Scalebound
7) Zelda U
8) No Man's Sky
9) Smash Bros
10) Sunset Overdrive

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Deadline is tomorrow? Not fair, some of us won't even be back from the show by then haha. I haven't had any time to digest it all.

1. Bloodborne
2. Assassin's Creed: Unity
3. The Witcher 3
4. Destiny
5. Uncharted 4
6. The Order: 1886
7. Farcry 4
8. Rainbox Six Siege
9. The Division
10. The Crew

Liha

Banned
1. Zelda U
2. MGS:TPP
3. Super Smash Bros
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Witcher 3
6. Mortal Kombat X
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. The Division
9. Bloodborne
10. The Order: 1886

1. Zelda U -- I can't help it, The Legend of Zelda is my favorite series and this game looked more beautiful than I dared hope. Hype is through the roof. I wasn't expecting to be all that excited about this game heading into E3, but what they showed looked to be on the right track and then some.

2. Witcher 3 -- One of my favorite PC franchises, and this game is looking brilliant as we've come to expect from CDPR.

3. Smash Bros -- Owner of the "hypest" event at E3, and with good reason. The game is looking stellar and truly overloaded with features, as is Sakurai's way. I hope they do an invitational every year.

4. Splatoon -- Most inventive and refreshing game of the show, pairing wonderful design and gameplay with an aesthetic that screams "fun." The amount of fan-art for this already speaks to a cult classic if not a bigger hit. The squid-kids are fantastic. I really hope this game does well.

5. Rainbow Six Siege -- If it's gonna be a shooter, this is the kind of shooter I like. I'm nervous for this game because playing with others online effectively is so difficult, but I'll be sticking mostly to GAF games on PC so that should be great. I love the time allotment for strategy and how it plays out.

6. Evolve -- Left4Dead is one of my favorite games ever, and this new take on asymmetrical shooting looks fantastic as well. I have to see more of it to be sure it's going to work but it sounds awesome. Another game to play with GAF bros on PC.

7. Xenoblade Chronicles X -- the best RPG of last generation gets a sequel, and it looks grand. I couldn't be happier but since I was pretty aware of this already it doesn't register at the top of the hype meter like other games do.

8. Mario Maker -- I love making levels and I'm sure this will be no exception.

9. Batman Arkham Knight -- I love Rocksteady's Batman games, and I'm sure I will love this one as well.

10. No Man's Sky -- There's something about this game that is keeping it from hitting "AMAZING" levels for me. I just need to see more of what you can do as opposed to flying around and shooting rocks. The game looks beautiful and I love all the procedural stuff, I just want to see more of what interactions will be driving the game.

OhCrapItsJeremy

Neo Member
1. Zelda U
2. Evolve
3. Witch 3: The Wild Hunt
4. CounterSpy
5. The Order: 1886
6. Splatoon
7. No Man's Sky
8. Cuphead
9. Grim Fandango
10. Ori and the Blind Forest

1. MGSV
2. Bloodborn
3. Valiant Hearts
4. Uncharted 4
5. Destiny
6. FarCry 4
7. No mans sky
9. Batman Arkham Knight
8. MKX
10. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

1. Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. Bloodborne
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. Splatoon
6. Batman Arkham Knight
7. No Man's Sky
8. Assassin's Creed Unity
9. Scalebound
10. Halo Mastur Cheef Coleksion

InsuRn

1. Batman Arkham Knight -- (First gameplay I've seen of the game and I want more !)
2. Super Smash Bros. Wii U -- (That tournament was so hype!)
3. Rainbow Six Siege -- (Tactical shooter is back !? Finally!)
4. Bayonetta 2 -- (The first Bayonetta is in my top 10 of all time. This one looks even better.)
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider -- (Sorry, but I like cinematic games and totally loved the reboot. I hope there's a little more puzzle than action this time)
6. No Man's Sky -- (If it play like advertised... Oh Wow !!!)
7. The Order 1886 -- (Like number 5, I like cinematic games. This one looks really good and dark.)
8. Let it Die -- (I've liked nearly every Suda games. The atmosphere seem... special, in a good way)
9. Devil's Third -- (This is my kind of games, the graphics don't bother me at all)
10. Far Cry 4 -- (I've just completed Far Cry 3 but I liked the gameplay I saw)

Honorable mention:
* Halo: The Master Chief Collection -- I'm not a fan of Halo but I really like how they are doing the Collection, with the unified menu and mission playlist, etc...
* The Legend of Zelda Wii U -- Too little shown but seems in the good direction (non-linear open world Zelda? OMG! )
* Scalebound -- No gameplay shown but usually a Platinum Game doesn't disappoint.

Ikon

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Bloodborne
3. Zelda U
4. Rise of Tomb Raider
5. Smash Bros for Wii U
6. Splatoon
7. Uncharted 4
8. Mario Maker
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X
10. Witcher 3

Cosmozone

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain
4. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
5. The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
6. Bloodborne
7. Elite Dangerous
8. Splatoon
9. Yoshi's Wooly World
10. Rainbow Six - Siege

Explanation: This E3 is really packed. I couldn't include all interesting games. Of course, they piled up over the years, that's why. Almost placed The Witcher above Zelda, because it's by far the game with the best graphics. Am I turning into a graphics whore? Lol.

However, the top three are simply untouchable. It's the holy triumvirate of mindless over-the-top awesomeness. The massive, massive scale and exploration aspect of X won over Platinum excellence in action gameplay alongside the trademark super-crazy set pieces (first boss larger than other games' last boss, etc.) and the granddaddy of OTT, melodrama and absurd plot twists that is the MGS series.

Thought Bloodborne would end up higher because it's awesome and came off as the best new offering with it's outstanding oppressive atmosphere, but there's simple too much competition. Nevertheless, this world is really intriguing, like a dream come to life.

I almost forgot about Elite Dangerous. But than the nostalgia overload came back to me and pushed it right into the top ten. Freedom. A great word.

I'm normally not into shooters, but this E3 had even two games of this genre that were really promising.
Splatoon looks fun as heck and has great potential with the additional maps and modes that will be in the final game. And Squid Girl is one of the cutest (and badass at the same time) designs I've ever seen.
Rainbow 6 is the first "traditional" shooter in a long time, that looked interesting to me because of the strong strategic aspects and destructible environments in a confined, almost claustrophobic space.

The new Yoshi game is probably the most adorable thing in the world. Perfect art direction, surprises everywhere, cuteness overload, oh my.

Wow, what a lineup. So strong that even heavy-hitters like the new Super Smash Bros. couldn't make the list. The other honorable mentions are Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, No Man's Sky,Ori and The Blind Forest, Mario Maker, Batman: Arkham Knights and last but not least Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (this list in no particular order). The Order 1886, Kamiya's Scalebound and Uncharted 4 are in the "could be good" category. The awkward presentation for these titles did them no real favors.

MIA game I missed the most: The Last Guardian *snif*

1. Grim Fandango
2. No Man's Sky
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
4. Abzu
5. Ori and the Blind Forest
6. Codename STEAM
7. Bayonetta 2
8. Zelda U
9. Destiny
10. Batman: Arkham Knight

I wouldn't have guessed that seven of these (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) would be on my top ten list before E3 started. This year probably tops last year (and maybe 2012) for me.

I wouldn't have expected four Nintendo titles to be on my list or that I would be buying a Wii U this year. I can easily see myself buying Smash Bros. (it would be my first one) and having a lot of fun this year.

Frodo

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Scalebound
4. Splatoon
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X
6. Bloodborne
7. Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS
8. No Man's Sky
9. Kirby and The Rainbow Curse
10. Yoshi's Wooly World

Zelda Wii U is the obvious one here. The new art style is great and everything Aonuma discussed about it makes it sound like they are moving the franchise towards where it should go (also known as: making it more like the first games where you actually get to explore the world). Also: female Link. I can't wait to see more of it, and I can't wait to cut all that beautiful grass. Many rupees will be found.
Bayonetta 2 comes in second because it is gorgeous, the new theme song is just as good as Fly Me to the Moon, there is co-op this time and, last but not least, Bayonetta is one of my favourite games ever.
Scalebound in 3rd because, even though we've only seen a CG trailer, it is Platinum Games and Kamiya so they deserve my vote of trust as they have never let me down, and are my favourite independent developers out there.

Cartman86

Banned
1. The Great War: Valiant Hearts
2. Zelda WiiU
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Bloodborne
5. Smash Bros. Wii U
6. Far Cry 4
7. The Witcher 3
8. Ori and the Blind Forest
9. Kirby's Rainbow Curse
10. MGSV: The Phantom Pain

These are the things that stood out. That surprised me, and with some of them made me emotional. The games that didn't make me roll my eyes, that didn't cause me to get annoyed at a CG trailer, or a weird choice of what was shown etc. The stuff that had a bad showing could actually be great, and these choices could end up shit. This is all about marketing. For example Bloodborne will probably be my game of the year when it comes out, but it didn't surprise me as much as some others (CG trailer, leaked etc.)

Neiteio

In terms of excitement at E3, Nintendo was just too strong. Here are my impressions of the Sony and Nintendo showings.

01) The Legend of Zelda for WiiU
02) Bayonetta 1 + 2
03) Splatoon
04) Yoshi's Wooly World
05) Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / WiiU
06) Hyrule Warriors
07) Batman: Arkham Knight
08) Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers
09) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
10) Xenoblade Chronicles X

RE: Bloodborne: Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are personal contenders for Game of the Generation, so I'm definitely a fan of Miyazaki's work. But I just need to see more. I'm still bummed the Sony presser just got a CGI trailer. At least there was the (poorly optimized) gameplay leak.

RE: Zelda: It feels odd to give the top vote to a teaser, but it was actual gameplay, and it looked incredible. After ALBW, I'm confident they're heading in the right direction: open-ended exploration with a strong sense of adventure.

Also, THOSE GRAPHICS. It was like The Last Guardian with cleaner image quality, in a world that resembled the first level of Flower, only with TONS of details and variety. And the setting and characters remind me of Princess Mononoke. So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom