• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Greatest Games of All Time (Voting ends Nov. 16 11:59 P.M PST)

1. Halo 3
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Tetris
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Half Life 2 Episode 2
6. Final Fantasy IX
7. Civilization IV
8. Flower
9. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
10. Super Mario Bros 3

Tigel

1. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
2. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (PS2)
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
4. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
5. Half-Life 2 (PC)
6. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
7. Super Mario 64 (N64)
8. ICO (PS2)
9. Okami (PS2)
10. Uncharted 2 (PS3)

batbeg

I'm not sure if I'm happy with my list - the numbering after the top 10 especially got iffy. But... I gave it my best, I suppose.

1. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
The undisputed king in my eyes. Perfect level design, sense of challenge, complemented with rewarding exploration with secrets and an unusually fun versus multiplayer.

2. Final Fantasy IX (PSX)
Charming throughout, the story is the rare kind that actually engaged me and made me care for each and every one of the characters. The gameplay was immensely satisfying and Chocobo Hot & Cold is more or less the greatest idea ever.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
While I find myself enjoying Wind Waker more, whenever I think of a great game, this instantly pops into my head. I'll never forget standing in front of the demo at Target and just watching this insane world reveal itself before me, and every moment of this game is absolute perfection.

4. Demon's Souls (PS3)
Challenging and rewarding, moreso than any other game I can think of because it's constantly so fair. Your every encounter is a test of your nerve, not to mention when you contest dragons and demons.

5. Jak II (PS2)
Platforming joy and humor place this here for me. I had a hard time deciding which Jak game to place here, but in the end, Jak II has my favorite platforming challenges, and the variety of gunplay and racing really nails the dynamic.

6. Mirror's Edge (PS3)
Platforming bliss with beautiful visuals. It rewards creative thinking and pushes you to your limits.

7. Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii)
Arcade-styled fun with a mixture of gunplay and motion-controlled life-saving. The soundtrack is immense, and the story is almost too silly.

8. Valkyrie Profile 2 (PS2)
The most satisfying RPG battle system I find myself likely to ever enjoy, unless Resonance of Fate topples it. Moreso, unlike most others opinion on the matter, the latter half of the story is when I finally begin to really enjoy it, as it blasts you with ridiculous notions of time-travel, deceit, and crazy shit. Awesome.

9. LocoRoco 2 (PSP)
My favorite PSP franchise had to place on here in some form. While I'm greatly enjoying Midnight Carnival at the moment, and love it's heavier emphasis on platforming, the original hide'n'seek mechanics peaked here in LocoRoco 2. The beautiful music and amazing presentation really helped a great deal, as well.

10. Bubble Bobble (NES)
The hours I've spent playing this with family and friends are uncountable, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Runners-up

11. Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
The first game I ever played that essentially defined my transition into gaming as a serious hobby, and a serious part of my life. The pre-rendered backgrounds set the atmosphere perfectly, the music was stunning, and yes, I even like the story, even to this day.

12. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)
While the visuals may define it, I still love every moment of the gameplay; it would be years, and several playthroughs, before I found out people complained about the triforce fetch quest, as I loved every moment of the game, from the sailing to the initial stealth dungeon.

13. Odin Sphere (PS2)
Lush visuals with tactically challenging gameplay that forces you to take note of your inventory and reflexes. The story is incredible, the music is incredible, the voice acting is incredible... when all is said and done, the only reason this didn't make the top 10 is because I didn't like playing as the girl with the crossbow.

14. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Supremely enjoyable combat, and excellent presentation. When I finished the game, I didn't even pause for a moment; I jumped into the new game+ immediately. Demon's Souls is the only other game on this list I've done such a thing with.

15. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
I didn't like the water levels, okay? Otherwise it'd be higher, because every other moment is pure joy and happiness.

16. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)
I much prefer the new translation, and the various downsides of the port did not bother me in the least. The new FMVs are stunning, and I love the voice-acting (who would have thought Phil LaMarr to be the perfect Ramza?). The gameplay is uniquely challenging as it forces you to use the limited abilities it gives you, rather than loading special attack upon special attack upon you.

17. Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)
Initially I had Sonic the Hedgehog in this position... but the more I thought about it, the more I realized SatSR was my favorite platformer in the series. It was fun, and the constantly-running mechanic really brought a unique platforming feel to the genre.

18. Front Mission 3 (PSX)
Huge on content and customization, and an absolute thrill from start to finish.

19. Ico (PS2)
Beautiful, haunting, and immersive. The puzzles are fantastic, but unfortunately the shadow-enemies bring this game down a notch.

20. Mickey & Donald in World of Illusion (GEN)
Co-op gaming with childhood heroes, travelling through what I still consider some fantastic environments. I love the sound, I love the music, I love everything about this game.

21. Super Monkey Ball (GCN)
In typical Sega fashion they couldn't get it right beyond the first time. The original Super Monkey Ball has the best level design in the series, with incredible challenges that test your skill as opposed to your luck, and the mini-games are still without a doubt the best to be had.

22. Champions of Norrath (PS2)
Enter here: the whole genre of console co-op dungeon crawling. Collecting loot as you crawl through monster-filled caves and cliffs with a friend beside you is my idea of heaven.

23. Discworld Noir (PC)
The humor felt as genuine as one of the books to me, and the over-the-top noir scenarios simply made it all the better.

24. Grim Fandango (PC)
Needs no introduction or even explanation, I would imagine. Simple an excellent fucking game.

25. Infinite Undiscovery (360)
Yes, I'm serious. I found the gameplay to be an absolute joy, and even really enjoyed the story as I found Capell to be positively hilarious. It's a shame this series will certainly never see another installment, but I hope some of the ideas eventually make their way into other games.

1/. Demon's Souls
2/. Mass Effect
3/. Shenmue
4/.Grim Fandango
5/. Silent Hill 2
6/. Folklore
7/. Police Quest 4
8/. Yakuza 2
9/. Shadow of the Colossus
10/. Metal Gear Solid 2

Demon's Souls at number 1 because it was the BIGGEST surprise for me this generation and left me the most satisfied with a game/purchase in far too long. Plus, I just loved so much about the game.

Ok forget that, 1= best. It seems like that's how everyone else is numbering.

guidop

1. Super mario bros 3
2. Halo: CE
3: Metal Gear Solid
4: GTA: Vice City
5: Counter Strike
6: Final Fantasy VII
7: Halo 2
8: Tony Hawk Pro Skateboarder
9: Super Mario Bros
10: Braid

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Bros 3
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Halo 3
6. Halo 2
7. Super Mario 64
8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
9. Gran Turismo 3
10. Super Castlevania IV

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1. Super Metroid
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Half Life 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. ICO
6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
7. Mega Man 2
8. Dead Rising
9. God of War 2
10. Crackdown

1) Super Mario 64 - it ushered in 3D (wasn't the first, but it showed what could be done), and just a generally amazing game. There's not too much more to say.

2) Team Fortress 2 - infinitely replayable, amazingly well designed in every single facet. The maps are well made and (mostly) balanced, the classes are all unique and fun (look at all the goddamn memes that came out of it) Honestly, if SM64 wasn't as important in video game history, this would be #1.

3) World of Warcraft - very well made mmo (10+ million people don't lie), has something for everyone of every level. It's a cultural revolution and the impact it has had on the internet is astounding.

4) Half-Life 2 - breathtaking game. The way Valve does storytelling is amazing. You never know exactly what's going on, and that's exactly how Gordon feels. I only wish I could include the whole series here because it would easily become #1.

5) Diablo II - loot.

6) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I'm really conflicted about which Zelda to put here; from this to OoT to WW, it was a hard choice. I decided on LTTP because it was so well crafted. OoT was possibly more influential and I had a lot of fun with WW, but LTTP looked amazing, played like a beast and was just so god damn good.

7) Civilization IV - same as TF2, infinitely replayable. It's so fucking addictive that I've had to uninstall it many times. It's really, really easy to get into but it still has so much depth there are things I don't even understand.

8) Earthbound - funny, and a very gripping story. The game plays very well and the design and music are just adorable (until the latter stages of the game :p). I'm tempted to put Mother 3 here instead, but I haven't finished it (should get around to that), but I'm liking it even more than Earthbound so far.

9) Metal Gear Solid 3 - my favourite Metal Gear Solid game, if only for the story. The gameplay is still great and engrossing, and there's a lot of funny moments, but the story could stand alone from itself and still be great. The boss battles are among (if not) the best in gaming ever.

10) Super Metroid - the best of the Metroidvania games, in my opinion. It's just so intriguing, seeing all the parts that make this game great come together. The exploration/atmosphere. The boss and character designs. Everything. It's good.

silvon

1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Silent Hill 2
4. Zelda LttP
5. Tekken 3
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Metal Gear Solid
8. Castlevania: SOTN
9. GTA: San Andreas
10. Suikoden 2

All ten games are equally great to me actually.

Nizz

1. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
2. Virtua Fighter 2 (Arcade/Saturn)
3. Half Life 2 (X-box,X-box 360, PS3) I triple dipped on this one.;)
4. Halo (X-box)
5. Resident Evil 2 (PS)
6. Devil May Cry (PS2)
7. Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma (PS3)
8. Metal Gear Solid (PS)
9. COD4 (PS3)
10. Castlevania (NES)

Whew! Ask me again in a couple of months and that list would probably change again...

1. Civilization 4 (PC)
2. Baldur's Gate 2 (PC)
3. Half Life 2 (PC)
4. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (PC)
5. Diablo 2 (PC)
6. Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
7. GTA IV (Xbox 360)
8. No One Lives Forever 2 (PC)
9. Ultima VII (PC)
10. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PC)

For most games on the list, I basically like all the games in the series and just picked the one I thought was the best. I like all the Civs (heck, I don't even hate Call to Power :lol ). I like all the games in the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape:Torment/NWN line; all the Splinter Cells; all the Halos; all the Ultimas, etc. If we were picking the best series, I would add Call of Duty and Might & Magic to the list, but I don't think any one single game in those series rises to the level of those on the list.

I also wanted to get some sports games on there like NHL 94/95, MLB '09: The Show, NFL2K5, etc., because god knows I played them for hundreds of hours, but just couldn't bump anything off.

samoset

1. Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
2. Super Mario World (SNES)
3. Half-Life 2 (PC)
4. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
6. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
7. Halo (Xbox)
8. Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
9. Bioshock (Xbox 360/PC)
10. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360/PC)

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Final Fight
4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
5. Final Fantasy 6
6. Earthbound
7. Mother 3
8. Chrono Trigger
9. Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past
10. Star Fox 64

Though reading everyone's replies is making me want to play Super Metroid as I loved Zero Mission and am enjoying Prime.

Mar

I read all 4 pages... (soon to be 5)

I haven't thought about my top 10 for a long time... So this is going to be hard. Even though my top 3 are obvious to me their position switches all the time. Then there are some really old games that lose their cherished memories over time and it's hard to compare them with fresh memories of new games.

But here goes.

1. Burnout Paradise (x360)

burnoutparadise.jpg

2. Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

sh2.jpg

3. The Last Ninja (C64)

ln1.jpg

4. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (PS2)

smbdeluxe.jpg

5. Quake 2 (PC)

quake2.jpg

6. Super Metroid (SNES)

supermetroid.png

7. Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins (PSP)

ugng.jpg

8. Super Castlevania 4 (SNES)

supercastlevania4.jpg

9. Bubble Bobble (arcade)

bubblebobble-20091101-124231.jpg

10. Street Fighter 2 Turbo (arcade)

sf2t-20091101-124611.jpg

Honourable mentions: Mirror's Edge, Space Giraffe, Turrican 2, DOOM, DOOM 3, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, Road Rash, Road Rash 2, Street Fighter 2.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
shit's impossible. i never even think about anything past my top 3 when i am idling about thinking about these things--which is very often

1. Wasteland
2. Ultima VII
3. Ultima V
4. Pool of Radiance (original)
5. Civilization II
6. Peggle
7. Super Monkey Ball
8. WarioWare: Twisted!
9. Lumines
10. Pirates! (original)

HUELEN10

I made my list, I change nothing, but I just thought it would be wrong to not give a shout-out to VB Wario Land, that is all.

Also, PM me OP, I need to know some specifications for the mini-banners!

So is this your 10 favorites or the 10 games you think are the best of all time?

I can't speak for anyone else, but that would generate 2 different lists for me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
1. Earthbound
2. Bionic Commando (NES)
3. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
4. Shinobi III
5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
6. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
7. Dynasty Warriors 4
8. No More Heroes
9. Final Fantasy IV
10. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

1. Metal Gear Solid PSX
2. Metal Gear Solid 3 PS2
3. Rome Total War PC
4. God of War PS2
5. Uncharted 2 PS3
6. Gran Turismo PSX
7. Baldur's Gate 2 PC
8. Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3
9. Rollercoaster Tycoon PC
10. Pokemon Gold/Silver GBC

List of my top 10. I'm sure if you asked me again in a few months it would change as certain games pop into my head etc.

Calcaneus

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GEN): It was the first videogame I remember really wanting, it was the first videogame I beat by myself, it was the first videogame I would wake up really early to play. Before this game, I was into games through my brother. Its been my favorite for all these years, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2): MGS2 was my first game of that gen, it blew me away. But MGS3 was just a better game. It was one of those very few games that I got super hyped for and didn't doubt that hype at any point while playing it. It probably hasn't happened to me since.....

3. Pokemon Yellow (GBC):
I could have picked any of the three from that era, but Yellow was the one I actually had. Its a simple RPG yes, but it was just done so well and made so fun to play, that you didn't notice that you were grinding so much or whatever. I've never spent so much time on a handheld game.

4. Street Fighter 2
5. Super Mario Bros 3:
6. Devil May Cry 3 -
7. Final Fantasy VIII -
8. Tekken 3 -
9. NFL Blitz 2000 -
10. Resident Evil 4
-

Honorable Mentions: Devil May Cry, MGS2, Tekken 5, Diablo, Warcraft III, Metriod: Zero Mission, Half Life 2, Soul Calibur 2, Mario Kart 64, both N64 WCw Vs NWO games.

AnIco

1. UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

Surprising, even to me, that a more 'recent' pick could round out my favorite games of all time list; however, when formulating the metric by which my decision is based on I took into account a few factors: 1) Anticipation Level 2) Whether or not the developer greatly exceeded my anticipation level 3) Whether the title raises the bar so considerably high that the competition looks downright lazy and incompetent in comparison.

Uncharted 2 represents a title that greatly exceeded my already insanely high expectations and managed to amaze me in ways I thought weren't possible with this generation of hardware.

It legitimately ends the discussion of whether or not games can compete with movies on a cinematic level, and fuses great, engaging, and replayable gameplay design with gorgeous visuals.

The leap in production values over other titles is downright colossal, and something that is VERY rare in gaming these days. That, coupled with multiplayer which is top 3 I've ever played, and you have a phenomenal, once-in-a-generation title. This is the pinnacle that has been achieved for videogame making as a craft.

2. Metal Gear Solid

This one took be my complete surprise. I had always heard of the Metal Gear series on the NES, but never gave it much thought. This title received very high reviews back in the PS1 era, so I was inclined to give it a shot and see what all the hype was about. Similar to Uncharted 2, this game was just an outstanding achievement in terms of production, cinematics, and storytelling. To this day, it still has better production values than most next-generation titles, and at the time there was nothing like it.

It's a bit disappointing that Kojima hasn't evolved much from these days. Metal Gear Solid's storyline has become progressively more convoluted and the gameplay feels dated.

3. Final Fantasy VII

The leap from cartridges to CDs was made abundantly clear by the development of this game; it marked a short era where 2D CG backdrops and movies dominated. This was certainly a groundbreaking achievement for the PSOne era and laid the foundation for many studios to follow.

Much like Metal Gear Solid, however, it's disappointing to see the direction the Final Fantasy series has taken. As graphics have gotten more realistic, something seems to be lost in the translation and the series seems to be turning into something it shouldn't.

4. Mario 64

Remember the time when demos weren't instantly accessed via the internet? I recall playing Mario 64 constantly at a Kiosk a month before it came out. I was in utter disbelief at the N64 system's capabilities and what this title was accomplishing.

This was a revolutionary title in terms of control. I had a smile on my face throughout my entire trek through this amazing title. And it is still the best mario game, in my opinion. Better than the 2D classics, and much better than the tightly confined Mario Galaxy.

5. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The first leap into 3D for the Zelda franchise couldn't have been better. Recalling the first time I witnessed the overworld in all of its glory...this game was vast, incredibly immersive, and just a joy to play. I couldn't put the title down until I finished it. Sadly, recent Zeldas haven't represented the sort of leap that the series needs to stay relevant.

6. Chrono Trigger

My favorite SNES game of all time. Charming characters and story, phenomenal music from Mitsuda, and great artwork/gameplay design. I wish RPGs that came out these days were more like this...

7. God of War

Best title of the PS2 era, IMHO, and better than God of War 2 (thanks to Pandora's Box puzzle section). The savage, raw nature of the combat really sets this game apart, and when taking in the glorious soundtrack and epic visual production you have a title that no other game can match in what it's doing for the genre.

8. Halo: Combat Evolved

Phenomenal shooter that brought back the popularity of the FPS to consoles that Goldeneye established before it. Single play had an organic, isolated feel to it and the title introduced vehicles and open settings that set the title apart and made it very satisfying to play. This was one of the last true LAN titles and it was insanely fun playing with people locally.

Every thing after Halo 1 has been a pretty huge downgrade (or lack of upgrade) for the series, except for the multiplayer which Halo 2 seemed to perfect. The series desperately needs an overhaul for me to get excited for another one again, particularly after the cheap cash in that was Halo ODST.

9. LittleBigPlanet

Revolutionary title and GOTY 2008 for sure. This title oozes charm at every corner, is a blast to play cooperatively, and provides for endless amounts of entertainment.

The reason this title is perhaps not higher on the list is due to the limited support it has received post-launch. Water is great. Paintball gun is great...but that's it? I was expecting a lot more support (and no, DLC costumes doesn't cut it).

10. Killzone 2

Incredible visuals, incredible AI. My second favorite FPS experience outside of the first time I played Halo 1. The game has its flaws, though, particularly the ho-hum nature of the story and lack of production values on that front (the entire lore could be fleshed out a lot better in the game...the cast of characters is generic).

But wow, what a marvel to see for the first time! Multiplayer's core gameplay is a blast, it's just a shame it's too hard to organize good matches (this title desperately needs matchmaking and balance).

TwiztidElf

1. World of Warcraft
2. Asheron's Call
3. Project Gotham Racing 2
4. Street Fighter IV
5. Forza Motorsport 3
6. Space Harrier
7. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
8. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
9. Super Mario 64
10. Oblivion

1. Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time
2. Mario 64
3. Resident Evil 4 wii edition
4. Super Mario galaxy
5. Wii sports
6. No More Heroes
7. Zelda :Tp
8. Mario bros (nes)
9. Bubble bobble (nes)
10. Okami

I am only doing list form the game that I have played. I still want many more here.

legend166

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Metroid Prime
3. Starcraft
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. World of Warcraft
6. The Secret of Monkey Island
7. Grim Fandango
8. Super Mario World
9. Perfect Dark
10. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

thetechkid

01. Kingdom Hearts II
02. Tales of Symphonia
03. Metal Gear Solid 3
04. Ratchet: Deadlocked
05. Tony Hawk's Underground
06. Jet Grind Radio
07. Boktai
08. Super Smash Bros Melee
09. Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes
10. Pokemon Gold

1. Half-Life 2
Half_life_2_box.jpg

2. Half-Life
b3_d_12789_0_HalfLife.jpg

3. Deus Ex
deusex-top.jpg

4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
mgs3boxartresizedjpg.jpg

5. System Shock 2
system-shock-2-box-art.jpg

6. Dead Space
851818-dead_space_cover_large.jpg

7. DOOM 2
24266gif.jpg

8. Fallout 3
fallout_3_cover_art.png

9. Metroid Prime
MetroidPrimebox.jpg

10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
u2atps3.jpg

Infinity

Challenging as it is to list only ten, here's my take on what I think are some of the all-time best:

1. Ultima IV (C64)
2. Baldur's Gate II (PC)
3. Final Fantasy VII (PC)
4. Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
5. World of Warcraft (PC)
6. Heroes of Might and Magic II (PC)
7. Bioshock (Multiplatform)
8. Warcraft III (PC)
9. Speedball II - Brutal Deluxe (Amiga)
10. Street Fighter II (Arcade)

Assemble!

1 - Super Mario World
2 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3 - Metal Gear Solid
4 - Resident Evil 4
5 - Super Mario Galaxy
6 - Fallout 3
7 - Super Mario Kart
8 - Bioshock
9 - Sim City 2000
10 - WCW/NWO Revenge

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
2. Super Mario 64 (N64)
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
4. Diablo 2 (PC)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
6. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
7. Goldeneye (N64)
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee (NGC)
9. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
10. King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride (PC)

ReyBrujo

Extremely subjective. Greatest doesn't mean influential, so I am going to choose the ones that entertained me the most. Many NES/SNES titles since it was the time when I played the most:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
2. Elite (NES)
3. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
4. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
5. Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (arcade)
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (arcade/SNES)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
8. Street Fighter II (arcade)
9. Romancing of the Three Kingdoms (SNES)
10. Secret of Mana (SNES)

JBuccCP

1. Socom II (PS2)
2. Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
3. Half-Life 2 (PC)
4. MGS3 (PS2)
5. NCAA Football 2004 (PS2)
6. Age of Empires II (PC)
7. GTA San Andreas (PC)
8. Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC)
9. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
10. Knights of the old Republic (PC)

I just numbered them in the order that I thought of them.

X26

Banned
Just off the top of me head I suppose it would be...

1. Tekken 3 (PS1)
2. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
3. Starcraft (PC)
4. Xenogears (PS1)
5. Diablo 2 (PC)
6. Half-Life 2 + episodes (PC)
7. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
8. Castlevania:SOTN (PS1)
9. GTA: Vice City (PS2)
10. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

PS1 represent!

edit: replaced silent hill 2 with tactics

ZeroRay

1-Super Mario Galaxy
2-Metal Gear Solid 3
3-Half Life 2
4-Super Mario Bros. 3
5-Final Fantasy XII
6-Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
7-Bauldur's Gate 2
8-Call of Duty 4
9-System Shock 2
10-Uncharted 2

AAK

1. Devil May Cry (PS2)
2. Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
5. Onimusha 3 Demon Siege
6. Shadow fthe Colossus
7. God of War
8. Jak 2
9. Resident Evil 4
10. Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

EDIT: spelling mistake

Dead Man

So hard, I can come up with a list of 10, but ordering them is soooo damn difficult. This should be pretty close though:

1: Deus Ex
2: Falcon 4 (The last iteration of the classic flightsim series)
3: XWing vs TieFighter (Any of this series actually, but this one was my favourite)
4: GTA:SA
5: Eye of the Beholder (A great, old, D&D RPG, one of the first with a pseudo 3d effect)
6: Wing Commander: Privateer (Open universe space sim)
7: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
8: Mutant League Football (Madden93 engine + crazy over the top gameplay = win)
9: MechWarrior: Mercenaries
10: Perfect Dark

Edited... again :lol

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Final Fantasy 6
Ninja Gaiden (nes)
Sega Rally
Super Castlevania 4
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mega Man 2
Street Fighter 2
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Twisted Metal 2

Oli

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
6. Super Metroid
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
8. Mother 3
9. Pikmin 2
10. Metroid Prime

In case you were wondering, yes I am a Nintendo fan. I hate making lists like this, because I've barely scratched the surface of my favorite games.

Ramirez

1) Halo: CE
2) LoZ: OoT
3) Metroid Prime
4) Diablo 2
5) Phantasy Star Online
6) Shenmue
7) Metal Gear Solid
8) Jet Set Radio
9) GTA: SA
10) Super Mario Bros. 3

jiggle

1. Final Fantasy 8
2. Final Fantasy 7
3. Final Fantasy 11
4. Final Fantasy 10
5. Dragon Warrior 4
6. Dark Cloud 2
7. Chrono Cross
8. Final Fantasy Tactics
9. Xenogears
10. Crystalis

BigO

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
5. Paper Mario
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
7. Super Mario RPG
8. Animal Crossing
9. Super Mario 64
10. Banjo Kazooie

-viper-

Banned
1. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots
3. MGS3 Snake Eater
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. God Of War II
6. God Of War
7. Star Wars: Republic Commando
8. Killzone 2
9. Shadow Of The Colossus
10. Devil May Cry 3

These are games that I have enjoyed from start to finish. There are probably more. But I can't think of anything else.

Some of my favourite games (long list):
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 3 A Spec
Ratchet And Clank Going Commando
Dead Space
Unreal II The Awakening
MGS2
Crash Team Racing
FIFA 99
Pro Evolution Soccer 5/6
Timesplitters 2
Ratchet And Clank Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Deadlocked
Project Gotham Racing 3
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Resident Evil 4
Tekken 5
Ratchet And Clank Future Tools Of Destruction
Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
Sly Cooper
Infamous
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
NFS Underground
Enter The Matrix
Midnight Club 2
Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King
Freedom Fighters
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Resident Evil 5
Gran Turismo 4
Gears Of War
LittleBigPlanet
Unreal Tournament 2004
Chronicles Of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay
Rainbow Six Vegas
SWAT 4

1. Yoshi's Island
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Super Mario bros. 3
  4. Zelda OOT (N64)
  5. Super Mario Galaxy
  6. Super Mario 64
  7. Pokemon Gold
  8. Zelda ALTTP
  9. Conker's Bad fur day
  10. Resident evil 4

Tetsuo9

1. Super Metroid
2. Super Mario Bros 3
3. Dragon Quest III
4. Starcraft
5. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
6. Tetris
7. Baldur's Gate 2
8. Civilization 4
9. World of Warcraft
10. Star Wars Tie Fighter

ZZMitch

1. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
2. Halo: CE (Xbox)
3. Super Mario 64 (N64)
4. Red Alert 2 (PC)
5. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PS2)
6. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
7. Civilization Revolution (Xbox 360)
8. MX vs ATV Untamed (Xbox 360/PSP)
9. Team Fortress 2 (PC)
10. Pokemon Red (GB)

Honorable Mentions-
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (PS2)
Halo 2/3 (Xbox/Xbox 360)
Halo Wars (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360)
Runescape (PC)
Fieldrunners (iPhone/PSP)
Mario Kart DS (DS)

ytsejam85

Neo Member
Okay... i think i didn't forgot anything... these are the games i enjoyed the most:

1 - Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
2 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
3 - Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

4 - Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
5 - Silent Hill (PS1)
6 - Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)
7 - Dynamite Headdy (Genesis)
8 - Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
9 - Castle of Illusion (Genesis)
10 - Parasite Eve (PS1)

All these games are equally great to me... but i didn't mention A LOT of other games that are great too...

Ten-Song

1: Sonic CD (Sega CD)
2: Super Mario 64 (N64)
3: World of Warcraft (PC)
4: Mass Effect (360)
5: Halo 2 (Xbox)
6: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
7: Phantom Dust (Xbox)
8: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox)
9: Half-Life 2 (PC)
10: Team Fortress 2 (PC)

Top Bottom