• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why girls develop body dysmorphia: the thread. When Ben Affleck gets cast as Batman it's instantly assumed he's going to get into the phsyique of the role, but with Gadot people are hung up on "she doesn't look right", like a few pounds is going to make or break the entire film (and as though it's remotely possible physically training for the role isn't going to happen).

Dude! She looks like a skeleton! At least cast someone who would have to do less work. She looks malnourished!

Fiktion

Banned
When Ben Affleck gets cast as Batman it's instantly assumed he's going to get into the phsyique of the role, but with Gadot people are hung up on "she doesn't look right", like a few pounds is going to make or break the entire film (and as though it's remotely possible physically training for the role isn't going to happen.

1. You cannot see Affleck's ribcage. Your comparison is dumb.

2. It's entirely fucking possible there will be no training with Snyder at the helm. Again, look at what he did to the Ozymandias character in Watchmen, the one character who was supposed to be a peak human athlete and bodybuilder.

LUBBOmB.jpg

He cast a twig. Who didn't bulk up whatsoever.

MisterHero

Why girls develop body dysmorphia: the thread. When Ben Affleck gets cast as Batman it's instantly assumed he's going to get into the phsyique of the role, but with Gadot people are hung up on "she doesn't look right", like a few pounds is going to make or break the entire film (and as though it's remotely possible physically training for the role isn't going to happen).
This could be applied to guys and Man of Steel, Captain America, Thor, etc. Didn't Evans claim he made himself sick just to get the Super Soldier serum scene right?

2. It's entirely fucking possible there will be no training with Snyder at the helm. Again, look at what he did to the Ozymandias character in Watchmen, the one character who was supposed to be a peak human athlete and bodybuilder.

They did a lot of physical training for Man of Steel. I know Cavill and Antje Traue for sure did a lot of physical training (there's some video snippets and stuff out there).

I am not too concerned about them not doing training. As long as Gadot puts on some muscle, has some charisma, keeps that sexy-ass accent, I think it'll be okay.

Long as the writing isn't... terrible.

Gleethor

Yeah man. He probably won't even turn the cameras on either, fucking Snyder.

I swear you guys love to hate this man so much. Goyer is the one you need to watch out for.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Dude! She looks like a skeleton! At least cast someone who would have to do less work. She looks malnourished!

If the end result is the same, why would I care what she looked like before? The Christian Bale Machinist reference some-one made earlier was perfect. He was actually malnourished for his previous role. Not two shits were given.

watchmen-ozymandias-comic-and-movie-costumes.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Those guys were already reasonably fit. Snyder's track record of getting human skeletons to put on a bit of meat is 0-1.
You do know that Snyder isn't training these people right? Thinking that the director is the reason for ones physical fitness for a movie role is very naive.

Fiktion

Banned
Yeah man. He probably won't even turn the cameras on either, fucking Snyder.

I swear you guys love to hate this man so much. Goyer is the one you need to watch out for.

What part of the bolded is inaccurate? It happened. There's no reason it can't happen again.

You do know that Snyder isn't training these people right? Thinking that the director is the reason for ones physical fitness for a movie role is very naive.
If he has no say in casting and no say in how he wants his actors to prepare physically for the role, then what does he have say in?

Yes, let's completely ignore what he had Henry Cavill, Antje Traue, even fucking Michael Shannon do for Man of Steel. It's been well established that Snyder got Mark Twight to work those motherfuckers like dogs for that movie, and there's no reason why it can't/won't be done for Gadot.

Santiako

She's unrealistically pretty, so as someone that the only thing I ask of a superhero movie is for it to be fun, I'm all in for this choice.

Yes, let's completely ignore what he had Henry Cavill, Antje Traue, even fucking Michael Shannon do for Man of Steel. It's been well established that Snyder got Mark Twight to work those motherfuckers like dogs for that movie, and there's no reason why it can't won't be done for Gadot.

Also, Snyder did 300.

I mean... did you guys see that shit? Did you?

Like with Affleck, I'm looking at Gadot with optimism. I just hope the movie doesn't feel really overstuffed. And I'm still wondering how the fantastical is gonna be tossed in with the sci-fi.

Nudull

Banned
On one hand, yay Wondy! :D
On the other, not quite feeling Gal just yet. I haven't seen any of her stuff, but I should probably start now.

shira

Shit man, if we worked like that then the guy who played Daredevil shouldn't be anywhere near this. She looked proper.

What Daredevil made $100

John Carter tanked domestically and only made $30 million. Rich Ross had to step down.
If they have a hero Manhunter hero in Justice League his name will be Not-John Jones Not-from-Mars Manhunter

Zen

Banned
yeah there's no fucking way she's going to look like Wonder Woman before this movie starts shooting, man

she'll prepare for it, sure, but she's never going to look "proper"

Antje Traue or the girl who plays Lady Sif in Thor would have been superior choices, or at least the direction they should have gone.

MV5BMTY0MDk1NzE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc1MzE2OQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Gal Gadot isn't a good actress and lacks presence and charisma. If they would have went the WWE route they would have gotten a sub par actress, but they would at least have a physical presence and charisma.

I did get a bit of that feeling, watching her in FF, but then again she didn't have much lines, and I was watching with my brain in hibernation.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is the one rumored name I thought with the least potential to end up looking like a legitimate Wonder Woman.

It's amazing how much they've destroyed my interest in this series since I actually did like Man of Steel.

Blader

Those guys were already reasonably fit. Snyder's track record of getting human skeletons to put on a bit of meat is 0-1.

Your comparison makes no sense.

What do you think is the fairer point of reference, this movie's predecessor which came out just this year or an unrelated film from four years ago?

Violet_0

Banned

uh, but she's ... dangerously close to being anorexic, lol

Imm0rt4l

Its much harder for women to put on muscle.
Your post assumes a lot. She looks relatively untrained, she can go a long ways off of noob gains alone.

Just adding fat alone would make her look healthier. Pics in this thread have her under 20%bf which is stupid lean for a woman.

Its a cameo, she may not even have a large one and it could come towards the end of filming giving her more time

Hollywood trainers/dieticians

Lastly, drugs.

What part of the bolded is inaccurate? It happened. There's no reason it can't happen again.

If he has no say in casting and no say in how he wants his actors to prepare physically for the role, then what does he have say in?
I didn't say anything about the casting. Your post said Snyder had not gotten someone to fit like that's his job.

Even then you're wrong because of 300.

If this is a cameo or tease, this really should have been kept secret. If this is a legit leading role, then this movie is going to need a miracle to get the pacing right.

overcast

What Daredevil made $100

John Carter tanked domestically and only made $30 million. Rich Ross had to step down.
If they have a hero Manhunter hero in Justice League his name will be Not-John Jones Not-from-Mars Manhunter
I don't think the person who was to play Wonder Woman was going to draw people into the seats, regardless of who they were to cast. She looked better for this role, though they CAN get this girl to bulk up. They need to get going though. All the characters in Man of Steel looked proper.

In the end though, the main problem I have is the fact that Superman (who I feel wasn't fully developed in his own movie) is now having his sequel shared with not 1, but 2 characters that probably need their own establishment in this universe. It's in the hands of a director/writer tandem that I don't feel is near up to the task.

animus82

Banned
Why didn't Gina Carino get the role?

SHE actually moves like Wonder Woman and has the correct bulk and bust... WTF Snyder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom