• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol they casted a model to play Wonder Woman.

I will laugh every time she throws a punch.

They should cast a drag queen to play the Amazon.

TJdtUNt.jpg

Tabby

I'm the only one in favour of as GL?

Doomsday, WW and Flash I'm hoping are cameos, setting up the JL movie.

thefro

She definitely needs to put in a lot of work with Mark Twight to put some muscle on for this role. I'd like Wonder Woman in a movie to at least have a volleyball-player like build (being super ripped isn't realistic for Hollywood).

Haven't seen her act, but she's got a beautiful face and is tall enough (5-9) for the role.

I wouldn't mind her not having the look if she was a better actor and would make people take the characters seriously. It is just really disappointing given that they dug deep and found someone so great for Faora. I thought they could have done it again and been able to keep costs down. This feels like they were trying to get someone who could bring box office name recognition with minimal cost.

I, like most of the general public, probably have barely any idea who she is.

I don't know who she is. She's definitely much thinner looking than I'd expect Wonder Woman to be, but she has time to bulk up. I'm not as pessimistic as seem to be about this movie, I'm really looking forward to it.

Lyonaz

Okay Marvel, seeing as Jaime Alexander doesn't get to play Wonder Woman, you can go ahead with a Lady Sif movie.

Subitai

I, like most of the general public, probably have barely any idea who she is.
Well, ya I have got nothing then.

Hopefully we'll be reading soon from an interview that she worked very hard to get the role and isn't just there to build name recognition and collect a pay check.

Israelite army veteran. That's pretty neat to have on your resume.

It is.... but now I wonder if that was one of the reasons she go her FF role, since her character has the same back history.
Plus, it was two years of service. So what. She wasnt spec ops.

Trainwreck incoming. Not because of the casting. I like Gal Gadot. But after Nolan's Batman and the grim, overly realisticly bleak Man of Steel-verse they are going to introduce an Amazon daughter of Zeus (or explain that she's a golem whatever you like)from an island nobody discovered, give her a golden lasso that makes villains say the truth and let her fly around in her invisible plane.

Or.

They going to turn her in a sexy sidekicks that punches people in the nuts and has probably nothing really to do with Wonder Woman.

I am not going to miss this abomination, that's for sure. At least it's not going to blindside me like Man of Steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0otwIVfEOW4

This should be the Superman/Wonder Woman fight scene
Krav Maga is a martial art developed by the Israeli Military

I wanna see Wonder Woman curb stomp Superman.

DerZuhälter;92418724 said:
Trainwreck incoming. Not because of the casting. I like Gal Gadot. But after Nolan's Batman and the grim, overly realisticly bleak Man of Steel-verse they are going to introduce an Amazon daughter of Zeus (or explain that she's a golem whatever you like)from an island nobody discovered, give her a golden lasso that makes villains say the truth and let her fly around in her invisible plane.

Or.

They going to turn her in a sexy sidekicks that punches people in the nuts and has probably nothing really to do with Wonder Woman.

I am not going to miss this abomination, that's for sure. At least it's not going to blindside me like Man of Steel.

They'll just make her charming female Thor.

lol.

want I should quote all the posts with the words "hamburger" "meat" "put" "on" "skinny"?
"anorexia"

You should save them all for posterity like with the Heath Ledger posts

effzee

Good to know GAF as usual has decided this movie will suck no matter what.

It was a train wreck when Batman was confirmed to be in it.

It a train wreck again now that all these new characters are confirmed.

EVERYTHING SUCKS AND WILL SUCK! No one has been able to introduce new characters in a single movie before! All characters need to have single stand alone movies or the audience will be sitting there scratching their heards!!!

Just like the Avengers was going to suck and was a train wreck...until it wasn't.

I'm going to guess that whatever WW backstory they're going with will be mostly distilled down to one or two short expository flashback scenes.

The most important question is whether or not we'll see the Lynda Carter spin-change into WW. If Gadot can't pull it off, I'll demand my money back directly from Snydely himself.

ReiGun

I wanna see Wonder Woman curb stomp Superman.

This is how it should go:

Batman and Superman go in to investigate some unknown vigilante (Wonder Woman) in Gotham. They split up, and Batman engages her first, getting his ass kicked. Superman shows in to get his boy's back, and he's all "Miss, you might want to calm down. We just have a few questions. You really don't want to get in a fight with m-" Before he finishes, Wonder Woman hip tosses him a couple yards.

Superman: She's strong.
Batman: ...I noticed.

G-Fex

Wonder Woman to be in a movie.

Imagine that.

Also, if no one likes her, she'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever get another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom