• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z hits PS4 August 4, adds Mech Mode

Watched a bunch of gameplay vids...it's a rather small complaint, but I have a hard time making out what I'm seeing with the enemy mechs/ships. Maybe it's the top-down perspective, or that they're really tiny on the screen, or the cell-shading(?) effect? Can't really get a clear idea of what they're supposed to be/look like.

Galak-Z |OT| Gundams of the Galak-Z

This one's pretty damn good.

jkooXL

Hey everyone, this is Jake, Creative and Art Director of Galak-Z, thanks for all your support! We're still deep in submissions in Europe, we haven't been able to announce anything because we don't actually know our date yet. We aren't tied to any promotions over there so we don't have a hard target date besides as close as possible to the NA release. We'll get the word out as soon as we know the answer! Thanks!

stryke

Hey everyone, this is Jake, Creative and Art Director of Galak-Z, thanks for all your support! We're still deep in submissions in Europe, we haven't been able to announce anything because we don't actually know our date yet. We aren't tied to any promotions over there so we don't have a hard target date besides as close as possible to the NA release. We'll get the word out as soon as we know the answer! Thanks!

I'm quite excited to play this. I hope you have a very successful launch.

You should probably tell that to SCEE because they have a blog post up announcing it for August 4th

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/24/galak-z-hits-ps4-next-week-adds-mech-mode/

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
+1 Vote, but I would make just one little change to this:

Galak-Z: The Super Dimensional |OT| Macross the Universe

I thought about that but I didn't know if there was a rule about not altering the game title for an OT. I figured it's probably better to have the title be accurate just in case people who have never heard of the game want to go look it up for info or purchase.

nib95

Banned
How do I pre-order this with the discounted sale price here in the UK? Is the Play sale for a US only thing?

Oh man, what a shame about that EU situation. I pre-ordered it on the US side. Totally supporting you guys. Was waiting for this game since 2014 E3.

After I saw the Giantbomb quick look I immediately preordered it and began watching the original Gundam weirdly enough. Such a pretty art style.

Thanks for popping in Jake!

Drencrom

Okay that's weird, the EU blog have already said it's coming out on Aug 4th tho...

jkooXL

Yeah it looks like the blogpost was worldwide but the actual announcement was for the NA territory. Hopefully we'll have an answer from submissions in the next few days.

tanuki

Would've been amazing if they kept the Mech thing a secret and let people discover it by themselves. But getting more people interested in the game is good too.

When are reviews dropping?

MrS

Banned
Don't care about a small delay, but I'm hoping they give us a 20% discount like the US has and don't cheap out like N++ :/
A 10% discount for a game as good as n++ is more than fair. The 20% discount was also part of a US promotion - absolutely nothing to do with EU.

Really excited by Galak-Z, it looks awesome!

A 10% discount for a game as good as n++ is more than fair. The 20% discount was also part of an NA promotion, absolutely nothing to do with EU.

Really excited by Galak-Z, it looks awesome!

I don't see why there should be different discounts for the regions.
I'll buy both even without discount, but I think there should be equal treatment. That EU doesn't have the PLAY promotion is kind of my point.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| Macross the Universe

tumblr_ngiyx2ZmYb1r4vymlo1_500.gif

Best one.

Soooooo glad it is a "lite" and not a "like." It is really weird, but true rogue likes are some of the most frustrating and unsatisfying experiences in my recent memory, but rogue lites (like Rogue Legacy) are among my favorite games of all time. I guess it is like the "sim vs arcade" debate for driving game fans? Both are good, but only one or the other is likely to fully catch you...

Top Bottom