• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z hits PS4 August 4, adds Mech Mode

DirtyLarry

I've been so on the fence with this game. Not because I am not interested, I am 110% interested.
I just have a funny feeling I am going to suck at it. My reflexes are not what they used to be, and this game appears to need damn good ones.
With that said fuck it, I am all in. The addition of Mech Mode has sold me on the fact that at the very least I need to find out if I do indeed suck or not.

baconcow

Watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look videos, the game has come a long way since GDC 14. I am concerned with the seasons structure and was hoping for a style of progression similar to ether Rogue Legacy or The Binding of Isaac. The gameplay looks great. Hoping for replay value that keeps me coming back. Huge fan of games like Don't Starve, Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, and Spelunky. Hope the reviews hit before the pre-order point ends.

Edit:
@17_bit said:

drotahorror

Watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look videos, the game has come a long way since GDC 14. I am concerned with the seasons structure and was hoping for a style of progression similar to ether Rogue Legacy or The Binding of Isaac. The gameplay looks great. Hoping for replay value that keeps me coming back. Huge fan of games like Don't Starve, Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, and Spelunky. Hope the reviews hit before the pre-order point ends.

Edit:
Check out @17_BIT's Tweet: https://twitter.com/17_BIT/status/625434390999334912?s=09

Is the game actually rogue-lite at all though? Awesome if true because stuff like that is super addictive.

I haven't watched many videos, trying to be surprised so I'm a bit uninformed.

this game have diffculty modes? I hope there is one standard mode the first time through with the extra hard stuff unlocked after completion. One standard mode gives me the peace of mind that they balanced the game well and I don't need to think about what the optimal way to play the game is. I just want to experience their vision. Multiple difficulty modes on first play cheapens the artistic quality of the game

baconcow

Is the game actually rogue-lite at all though? Awesome if true because stuff like that is super addictive.

I haven't watched many videos, trying to be surprised so I'm a bit uninformed.

According to the Quick Look, they define it as a rogue-lite. Within a season, you carry over coins, salvage (I think?), and unlocked upgrades (possibly across seasons?). I was just hoping for a giant map with many potential side missions, objectives, and bosses. Except, the quick play was just about getting to the end and leaving without dying, similar to Spelunky, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Maps seemed quite small.

Edit: Warning about the Quick Look, it reveals a bit of the story.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| Transforming Milkybar

CHOCOLAT_GALAK_N_4c6b8d9851fc9.jpg

I've been so on the fence with this game. Not because I am not interested, I am 110% interested.
I just have a funny feeling I am going to suck at it. My reflexes are not what they used to be, and this game appears to need damn good ones.
With that said fuck it, I am all in. The addition of Mech Mode has sold me on the fact that at the very least I need to find out if I do indeed suck or not.

It seems to be more about controlling the physics well than having lightning fast reflexes.

I'd love a demo.

DedValve

Banned
Heh.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| It's About Gundam Time!

This is it. Will get people to double read and then Galak-Z will be burned in their memory. Unable to get the name out of their head they'll have no choice but to satiate their curiosity by entering the thread. Upon entering they'll fall in love with the gifs and buy it.

Galak-Z to make more money than Call of Duty confirmed. Then the next OT can be called "More money than Call of Duty".

It is known.

DirtyLarry

It seems to be more about controlling the physics well than having lightning fast reflexes.

I'd love a demo.
Nice I did not realize this off the game clips. I just read two preview articles thanks to your comment and it does seem like this is the case. Thanks for the info, now I feel like I may stand a chance.

A demo would have been awesome to really know, but I took the plunge regardless. Hopefully it paid off.

Top Bottom