• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Awards announcing World Premieres on Twitter [Up2: NMS, MGO, BB, 1886, KQ]

Mentok

Banned
With the playstation expo happening soon, people were actually expecting 10+ hype worthy game reveals?

Why

Because maybe MS and Nintendo have something to show and I doubt they'll do it at PSX. Also, 3rd party publishers may want to show their games....

Mariolee

If they're showing something new then it's a world premiere.

But it dilutes the excitement that comes with calling something a "world premiere".

It's like saying this post is the world premiere of this post.

Like it's true, but it takes away the hype.

Because maybe MS and Nintendo have something to show and I doubt they'll do it at PSX. Also, 3rd party publishers may want to show their games....

True, but even when the VGAs were popular, there was never that many announcements/reveals of new AAA games in one show. I'm not saying there won't be any, but I think everyone should seriously lower their expectations.

Mentok

Banned
True, but even when the VGAs were popular, there was never that many announcements/reveals of new AAA games in one show. I'm not saying there won't be any, but I think everyone should seriously lower their expectations.

Oh that I totally agree with for sure.

Bsigg12

I feel like this post should be restated each page

Hey guys, just to clarify:
World premiere = new content shown on a game for first time
Game announcement = new game reveal

There are new games being announced at the show, but no we aren't announcing a dozen new games. There's a lot of amazing stuff coming out next year that fans want to see more of too. (And often we can get way more in depth gameplay from games further along in development of course).

No Man's Sky looks amazing, and what Sean is putting together is completely new and unexpected.

DJIzana

All I'm hoping for is to legit be excited by ONE new unannounced title (with my tastes but I'm a picky ass mofo). That's all I'm hoping for... either from PSX or VGX.

Sheroking

I have a hard time seeing Nintendo showing anything significant off at any event that's not their own direct or E3 show.

In the past, the best game reveals at the VGAs have come from third parties like Bethesda, BioWare, TellTale, etc. Don't think the first parties are a huge factor here.

ckohler

I'm seeing Fallout 4 mentioned a lot in here. Is there any reason to expect it outside of just wishful thinking? Like, has there been some rumors or leaks recently?

jonno394

Was gonna overlook this whole thing but 18 trailers is definitely something, even if most are just brand new trailers for announced games.

Derp

I'm seeing Fallout 4 mentioned a lot in here. Is there any reason to expect it outside of just wishful thinking? Like, has there been some rumors or leaks recently?
No. We have more of a reason to think it won't be announced this year. They said it will be a long time until they announce what they're working on. The fact that they felt the need to specify that would mean it's actually going to be a long time.

But we know it most probably exists. There's the fact that Ron Perlman (the guy that does the intro and outro of the games, as in, the "war never changes" guy) specifically said he will not be in Fallout 4 (and he seemed pissed in the tweet). This supports Kotaku's leaked casting script which says the player will narrate the introduction. Then there's the fact that, in an interview, Dellums said that Bethesda said that there's a chance Three Dog will return. Then there's the fact that Todd Howard clammed up in an interview when asked about the casting script. Then there's the fact that we know BGS is working on something, because they've said it many times, and they want a surprise announcement.

I have a hard time seeing Nintendo showing anything significant off at any event that's not their own direct or E3 show.

In the past, the best game reveals at the VGAs have come from third parties like Bethesda, BioWare, TellTale, etc. Don't think the first parties are a huge factor here.

Uh, The Last of Us, God of War 3 and Uncharted 3?

It really doesn't matter whether first or third parties have a history at the event anymore, seeing as 100% of those unveils were done when the show was still on Spike TV. The best last years online stream gave us was two TellTale game announcements and No Man's Sky, so I'd set my expectations accordingly.

No, but 2015 will be 4 years since Skyrim. This will be the longest Bethesda RPG gap since Morrowind to Oblivion. It it slips to a 5 year gap I'll personally be terrified.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
People have been predicting a Fallout 4 reveal since Skyrim released. Even game journalists keep thinking it'll be announced at any moment. Fallout has reached Zelda/GTA status where you don't have to even mention the game for people to hype up a reveal before every convention.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
As long one of these 3 happen i wont be disappointed

SW Battlefront gameplay debut
Mass Effect 4
MGSV trailer with release date

Has Valve said exactly when Steam Machines launch next year? If I were them I would also launch a new big name game with a 3 in the title for the Steam Machines launch, with say some sort of exclusivity period to build the hype. This show would be a nice time for a peak at some L4D3 or HL3, IMO.

Yeah I'm dreaming..

Pachimari

Surely most of the premieres will be from games we already know about and nothing wrong with that. But we'll get new games as well.

Some Nobody

Uh, The Last of Us, God of War 3 and Uncharted 3?

It really doesn't matter whether first or third parties have a history at the event anymore, seeing as 100% of those unveils were done when the show was still on Spike TV. The best last years online stream gave us was two TellTale game announcements and No Man's Sky, so I'd set my expectations accordingly.

I'm still going to stand by my initial opinion: There weren't any reveals last year because there wasn't anything to reveal. We'd already seen the games that were supposed to hit in 2014...and about half of those got delayed. Geoff couldn't show what didn't exist.

No, but 2015 will be 4 years since Skyrim. This will be the longest Bethesda RPG gap since Morrowind to Oblivion. It it slips to a 5 year gap I'll personally be terrified.

Methinks the switch to a new system is to blame. I'd bet money that Fallout 4 isn't cross-gen. While we're on the subject, are Fallout and TES done by different teams at Bethesda? I'm pretty unfamiliar with them, and while I'm not a fan of TES normally, I'm still interested in seeing what they come up with.

nampad

Surprised there are already 3 Playstation focused games announced with Sony's own events around the corner. Would have thought they had less of a presence.

Predictions:
  1. Bloodborne
  2. The Order 1886
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. No Man's Sky
  5. MGS Online
  6. Uncharted 4
  7. Star Wars Battlefront
  8. Batman: Arkham Knight
  9. Rise of Tomb Raider
  10. Just Cause 3
  11. The Division or Rainbow Six
  12. Sony's New I.P. or secret bomb.
Not too sure if Nintendo would bring a world premiere with them. But hey it can happen.

Has Valve said exactly when Steam Machines launch next year? If I were them I would also launch a new big name game with a 3 in the title for the Steam Machines launch, with say some sort of exclusivity period to build the hype. This show would be a nice time for a peak at some L4D3 or HL3, IMO.

Yeah I'm dreaming..

Valve aren't going to do exclusives and they haven't said when SMs launch next year, if they launch at all that is.

Methinks the switch to a new system is to blame. I'd bet money that Fallout 4 isn't cross-gen. While we're on the subject, are Fallout and TES done by different teams at Bethesda? I'm pretty unfamiliar with them, and while I'm not a fan of TES normally, I'm still interested in seeing what they come up with.

One team for everything I believe.

I'm still going to stand by my initial opinion: There weren't any reveals last year because there wasn't anything to reveal. We'd already seen the games that were supposed to hit in 2014...and about half of those got delayed. Geoff couldn't show what didn't exist.

I hope that's true but I'm still setting my expectations relatively low. I never understand why people overhype themselves so much over these events, it usually leads to disappointment regardless of whether it's any good or not.

Personally, I'd be happy if they just announced The Wolf Among Us: Season 2.

Surprised there are already 3 Playstation focused games announced with Sony's own events around the corner. Would have thought they had less of a presence.

It's a good chance to further advertise PSX. Finish the video early and tell the audience that if they want to watch the rest, they'll have to watch PSX the next day. Just look at the Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay videos to see Warner's attempt at the same thing.

Quentyn

No confirmation, but the teaser for the game from Robert Bowling's new studio will be unveiled on the same day. Would not surprise me if it is at the TGAs.

Robotoki is unveiling its first look teaser for Human Element on December 5. The game, which takes place 35 years after a zombie apocalypse and focuses on the struggle of human survivors for the last remaining resources, is slated for release in Q4 2015.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-11-14-nexon-and-robotoki-end-publishing-agreement

Nzyme32

Not understanding concept of world premiere it seems?

I think it is a fair thing to be irritated by.

In no other industry does premiere get used to describe anything other than first showing or performance. To do so with teaser trailers of already premiered games as "world premieres", is a misnomer typical of the marketing tyraid of video games

Nzyme32

Predictions:
  1. Bloodborne
  2. The Order 1886
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. No Man's Sky
  5. MGS Online
  6. Uncharted 4
  7. Star Wars Battlefront
  9. Rise of Tomb Raider
  10. Just Cause 3
Not too sure if Nintendo would bring a world premiere with them. But hey it can happen.

I'm pretty sure if this event is meant to represent an industry as a whole, it will without doubt contain games relating to all platforms rather than just Sony and multiplat, which of course would be nice for you.

I actually want to see games from everything - mobile, Xbox one, ps4, PC, wiiu, ds, vita etc. Why not actually celebrate the industry as a whole?

Shabad

Predictions:
  1. Bloodborne
  2. The Order 1886
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. No Man's Sky
  5. MGS Online
  6. Uncharted 4
  7. Star Wars Battlefront
  9. Rise of Tomb Raider
  10. Just Cause 3

That's a lot of PS-related content, especially a few hours before the PSX.

Hope Crackdown 3 shows up. I want to see some actual gameplay footage and the cloud powered destruction tech in action.

Also got my fingers crossed for a western Yakuza release announcement from Sony during their event.

Top Bottom